Thread: Has Anyone Noticed.....

Has Anyone Noticed.....

Has anyone noticed that if they logout whilst in a mission or shop that when they log back in they are sitting out side the mission entrance or shop? (Note I am logging back in the next night)

When did this start to happen? Does it happen to anyone else?
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

It only happens for me if I logout (or crash out) in a mission, and I have either completed the mission or the mission times out while I'm away.

This is the way it is surposed to work.

Never had it in a shop!

You're not supposed to go to sleep inside a shop. That's why they're kicking you out.
    The mission thing is just a lame practical joke from the NPCs. But WTH, if they think it's funny let 'em do it.
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Originally posted by L1V1D
    It only happens for me if I logout (or crash out) in a mission, and I have either completed the mission or the mission times out while I'm away.

This is the way it is surposed to work.

Never had it in a shop!
    This is what happened to me every time those conditions arose except for a few nights ago. I was deep in a mission and got disconnected from the server. I couldn't log back in, it was late anyway so I said screw it and went to bed, knowing that when I logged in next I'd be sitting outside the mission area.

Wrong.

I log back in, appear in a room in the mission area, under attack by 3 mobs, no pet, map wiped so I have no clue how to run back to the mission exit. I run screaming, blindly, in all directions except the right one, picking up adds everywhere. One of them is an agent, I get snared, the rest catch up - hello reclaim, goodbye 300 K experience points.

The thing is, the mission had expired long before I logged back in. The icon and key were gone before I got killed.

It did suck.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

A couple of days ago I crashed while in a mission. (ISP problem, 75% packet loss for two hours) When I reconected I was outside the mission sitting with my yalm equiped surrounded by reds. I quickly died.

Point being I don't mind being kicked out, it's that being in sitting mode when I get back gets me killed.
    -Omnitek is your fiend
    Claybats the Sane
    Idahoe | Kalderon | Claybats | Meyna

Talking Very Funny

Gene13 "The mission thing is just a lame practical joke from the NPCs. But WTH, if they think it's funny let 'em do it."

Very funny, I can't believe no one else thought this was funny. Brought back memories of the movie "Meatballs."

I have logged out in shops and logged back in still there. I have yet to log out in a mission and appear out front. I am not denying that it happens it is just that it has yet to happen to me. I agree though that when the server crashes and you are now deep in a level that has been suddenly refilled is very inconvenient and often (for pet classes like mine) very fatal.

Randalpho 79th level Clan MP RK-1
    I never solo, I have pets

Have seen it too

Today, AO crashed 2 times on me, just like that. One of the times I was taking a break when doing a mission in Newland City, to see a movie (too lazy to log sometimes), then when I got back, my char was sitting outside the general shop. Was wondering a bit what happened while I was gone