Thread: Windows Hots Keys

Smile Windows Hots Keys

I think it would be *great*, and I don't think I'm alone on this, if AO had the option to disable Windows Hot Keys. As a software developer, I know this is easy, but at the same time probably not top on the to-do list. However, I think I am one of many who have cursed themselves, their computers, their dogs, etc, when in the middle of hunting you hit the Windows Key on your keyboard, only to be kicked out of the game, leaving your computer in an unstable state.

Chas "Sarelron" Lindner
    Level 46 Adventurer
    Clan Leet
    Rubi-Ka 1

I agree, especially since tabbing out usually locks up my PC>.

Talking Yes

Burp... I mean Bump!

I collect real 101-key keyboards for just this purpose. I hate those keys. I currently use a PS/2 keybaodr from the ORIGINAL IBM PS/2.... hehe

My wife has physically removed the keys from her keyboard, after getting kicked out of the game a few times.

-D

I have thought about removing the keys from my keyboard as I don't use them either. However, I'm one of *those* people who would be bothered by having keys missing fron their keyboard, especially since my computer is in the living area and seen/used by friends, etc. Like I said, I know this wouldn't be a "priority" fix/feature, but I think it would be the proper solution rather than mauling keyboards.

Chas "Sarelron" Lindner
    Level 46 Adventurer
    Clan Leet
    Rubi-Ka 1

that's why I "collect" 101-key keyboards. None of my keyboards have those keys on them!

*ashamed*

I actually USE the Win key reguarly... it is much faster than clicking on the button. I do loathe it during games, though.