Thread: Downtime Wednesday November 19th

Downtime Wednesday November 19th

There will be downtime tomorrow for the 15.2.2 update.

Downtime starts...
    7am EST (US east coast)
    12pm (noon) GMT (Great Britain)
    1pm / 13:00 CET (Central Europe)

Estimated downtime: 5 hours

Build notes will be made available at the end of the downtime.
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 18th, 2003 at 22:40:27.

The downtime start is delayed by 2 hours.

Current estimated start is now...
    9am EST
    2pm GMT
    3pm / 15:00 CET

Start time and length of downtime might be subject to further changes. I'll try keep you updated.

The only thing getting fixed today is a Yalmaha bug that could crash the server. The update is server-side only, so there will be no need to upgrade the client.

Additional fixes were planned for today, but due to unforeseen technical issues, we'll have to postpone the client part of the update. We'll get the client update ready as soon as possible, and I personally hope we can patch it out tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 19th, 2003 at 16:05:12.

Technical issues located and hopefully fixed. We might get the client patch out today after all. I'll let you know as soon as I get final word on it.

Full update (client and server) going live. Build notes can be found on the live server page.

I've seen some concerns about the size of the update files compared to the amount of fixes. This is due to the added sound and the tweaked playfield. The sound takes a lot of space, and the whole playfield data had to be updated due to the changes being on the playfield itself, not e.g. the monsters there.

So now you know.

I'll add that we're aware of some issues that came up after the update, and are working on correcting those.