Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: >> A new way to gain XP <<

How crats could come into play in this...

Crats could gain XP for giving speeches or running for public office! Who wouldn't want to be mayor of Tir or city counselor of Omni-1? It would take the player's interaction with Rubi-Ka to a whole new level

That flame was stupid...a lot of these are good ideas. And even if you don't agree with them instead of flaming why don't you grow up and try to add some more of your own ideas hmmmm? Maybe improve on others instead of wasting everyone's time with a stupid flame.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Hey it striked me this morning too : we have PvP titles, why not Explorer titles and Crafters titles ?
    ya ! Crafters titles would be nice for engineers/nano techs, who can hardly get PvP titles.

More xp for making items would be nice too, ~400xp for making (for example) a QL 100 implant isnt really interesting.

This is my opinion =)

Re: Re: >> A new way to gain XP <<

Originally posted by Enagelique
    I read this post due to the sheer number of posts. Goddamn, was I disappointed.
    There a far more hours of programming time piling up on these poor programmers' desks. Wake the f*ck up and realize it. Next you'll want to vividly see the animation of your toon sucking his thumb.

- Vincentive, 114 NT
    - Apollyoni, 105 MA
    LOL you so right.
    Reading you post give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I think I'm gonna reroll a NT and be a part of your nice, open and moderate community.

Anyway as I said this thread is dead, so any other moronic comments are welcomed.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

is it dead yet ?

/me kicks thread to check
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

BUMP!!!

bump

Thumbs up Yeah

Very good idea...

I'd love to see titles for exploring, for example (adv). Perhaps getting a steady stream of xp when youre in a very remote area, and your level is much lower than the mobs. e.g., youre in danger in that area, thus getting experience for staying alive... evading mobs. The ticking should stop once you get an aggro, then youre not making progress anymore. If you manage to kill the monster, it should start ticking agani after alittle while... to limit it. Ofcourse this goes without saying that you dont camp around the area in your Yalm ;P. Make it No Vehicle dependant. Would give people a reason to up their Concealment (Well, many have very little reason to do so :P.). Perhaps Adventuring skill should affect the xp gained, and how long it takes for it to re-start after you kill a mob.

I suspect this could be hard to implement, and that it would decrease average time for staying in the same level. Perhaps some sorta mechanism that, as the others said, decreases the xp 'tick' down to nothingness. Then it stops, and a mark is put on the character (code-wise, not physical to tell that s/he wont get xp again in that area for x days... and as long as s/he is still 'in danger' in that area. Once you reach a set level on the area, you wont get xp anylonger. Cities and such shouldnt give xp at all... sure theyre 75% zones, but it´s not 'dangerous' in a city...atleast not in the same way as in the country.

I made quite a hike yesterday with my low-level alt character, a trader... ofcourse no gain other than getting back to Athen after some time. It'd be nice if I got some xp in those areas where the scorps DIDNT chase me .

This might take some time to implement... and thats fine with me. Certainly is a feature I'd love to see .

Sounds great.
    Some adds for a Ribbon of Exploring would be really cool... maybe a Map Nav bonus...
    AO really needs more social options. All I hear in citys is. "need FG", "need IC", "need a 132 wrangle" and a hell lot of lvl 30 traders asking:"can i have SG/VS/LMA pls ?"....just something that keep us away from the battlefields for a few hours now and then.

Greetz
    Hax

Thumbs up

Yeah, great ideas!! My main char is an Eng and I would feel much better if he gained better xp at engineering than at killing mobs. Like U said, all classes besides Docs are fight-orientated. But that's only because of the current situation in tradeskills. If I had the opportunity to make more profit from the stuff I engineer (and if I had more possibility of making something worth it starting from low level) I wouldn't have taken the fighting path for my Eng.
    So every change made in the way of promoting each profession of....well.....being a REAL profession and not a different kinds of fighter flavours, I will welcome with open arms!!

I love some of these ideas. Especially the first time bonuses. First kill - first time in zone....yada yada. It rounds the game out and is just one more reason for people to travel. Which I myself am guilty of not doing.

Bump, BTW

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    I think this is a very good idea. Some other games already has it implemented.

This shouldn't be too hard. Whenever you are in a sub-zones (like West Last Ditch, Old Athens East and such), your XP starts ticking upwards. At first this might be moderately fast, but it gets slower the longer you stay in one place. Then you should move somewhere else instead.

If you keep away from a sub-zone long enough, the XP bonus should speed up again. Thus, making sure your knowledge is up to date, and scanning any changes in settlements, terrain and creature movements would pay off.

This would also give you a reason to rush out to that far off mission. But you don't need to go in a straight line to the entrance. Travel through the whole zone, check things out, and generally be amazed by the wilderness.

Either base this on sub-zones, or on landmarks in some way. Subzones would be easier though.

It would also be nice if you get XP the first time you check ('t') a mob. Maybe some kind of library could be implemented, where you could check up the creatures you've encountered. You could then sell those entries to would-be hunters.
    people'd just go afk for a couple hours in each zone...
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

exactly

When I first started playing AO, I chose to be a Doc EXACTLY because I preferred healing to killing. Docs are just not meant to go around shooting people. Sure, circumstances might require that of us, but 95% we should cure and create, not destroy.

On a larger scale, the whole concept of making each profession as unique as possible is not simply great, it's an absolute necessity. Why, professions were thought up in the first place exacty to do away with the dull, repetitive mob-killing--looting that many MUDs had so badly suffered from. AO should be a place close/identical to the RW in its social workings. Ideally, some day a system will be created in which levelling would be natural, seamless and as closely interwoven with the social system as possible. Characters would level by doing what is most natural for them. Sure, it might get boring/repetitive sometimes, but hey, isn't that what happens in the RW too . Well, I don't know how plausible all this is...

Anyway, at the very least, the guys at FC should Definitely re-consider the whole mechanics of the Doc profession.

What is the adventuring skill good for? Anything?

Originally posted by Emiko
    What is the adventuring skill good for? Anything?
    It affects how easily you can climb hills, and also how much fall damage you take, if I remember correctly. I can never get over 500 now, no matter how high in the air I am...

Oh wait, that's because I am blonde, and I do not understand the law of gravity (never studied law)...*sigh*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345