Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless

*meta gasps reading a short letter from General Black, and sits right where she is. Her eyes fill with tears as she flips open her comm link to respond*

GENERAL!!!!
    You are still alive! What on Rubi ka do you mean maybe you've been forgotten! Have you gone mad!?! Sir, i beg you... please come home. We are terrified for both you and marine. There is nothing we won't help you with, and you shouldn't be out there alone... where ever "there" is. Dammit Black, you signed "in need of Salvation", but we are right here dammit! Whatever it is Sir... we can help you, but you must be reasonable. It isn't safe to be out in the deserts alone, and what about Marine? She needs her family and friends to guide her as she grows. Now i will be sleepless Sir... watching my comm and the door of Rompa, waiting to see you safely back to us.

*meta flips her comm closed and wipes away her tears with her sleeve. She sobs loudly in their usual booth at Rompa trying to think of a plan, an idea... anything to bring back her long lost friend. With a convicted look she stands and begins to squeeze into her armour and picks up her heavy SOL's*

crying isn't helping... maybe searching will. Let's see.... camping, brontos, and sandstorms....

*meta rushes out of the cozy Rompa and jumps in her Yalm*

Newland desert.... i'll begin there
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

Leader Of The Pack

The letter hadn't been long, it was something simple, to let them know he was doing fine. Mixed feelings as he wrote it, confused feelings, but now he was more determined on what he wanted and needed to do.

But someone was in the way.

Soft whispers from behind a large bush, somewhat in the distance, a short opifex woman, tripping and shouting amongst the bushes, trees and twigs.
    "Dad, I think it's Ms Dinnen.."
    Black nods.
    "Yes, it is.. I don't know how she's found our trail.." he sighs.
    "Maybe we should go to her?"
    The small tiger looked at the larger one. Polymorphing wasn't something Marine was used to, but Black saw it useful, for camoflague.
    "No... I'm not..Ready to go back yet..."
    Marine turned back to the cursing woman in the distance, waving her arms and tripping about, scaring away the wildlife near her.
    "Me neither then.."
    She chuckles lightly at the clumsy woman, "Think she'll be ok?"
    Black grinned at her. "The way she's shouting about, this place will be quite deserted. It amazes me that we didn't hear her coming." He ducks his head some and turns around. "Lets go, silently."
    Marine nods and does as her father, sneaking away silently from Ms Dinnen in the distance.

At a safe distance, the two walked normally, side by side, foot-by-foot.
    "So where to now dad?" Marine looked up at her dad, tying her sweater around her waist. It was a warm, sunny day, and the range between the trees was getting longer.
    "North, to a town I know of. I spent some time there in my youth, it'll be quite deserted by now, only inhabitet by people who won't care if we sleepover, I'm sure." He smiles and lays a thin, white jacket on Marine's shoulders. "The sun will do murder to your skin hun, you better.."
    He stopped and squinted between the trees. Whispering to Marine, pulling her behind him. "Hide."
    A pack of wolves rushed passed them in the opposite direction, snarling and thumping.
    "Dad, they're running in Ms Dinnens direction." She looked up at him, practically begging with her eyes. Black looked back in hers.
    "She'll be fine..She can grid out from here." Marine started to walk back and turned to him. "What if she's out of nano? What if she can't hear them from her cursing?"
    Black frowned and reached for her. "She'll be fine kid, come on."
    Marine jumped back a little, frowning. "I have to help her! She's Sea Shells mom." She said and turned, running back towards Ms Dinnen.
    Black raised a brow, "Who the hell is Sea Shell?" and shrugged, starting to run after Marine, quickly changing shape into that of a tiger, catching up to his daughter. "Jump up." he said, and she did, holding on tight to his back.
    "Are we gonna help her, dad?" She said, leaning down to his ear.
    He looked up at her, bouncing between the trees lightly. "Yes, you won't be a person to live with if I don't, now will you?" and turned his head back to the path.
    Marine grinned and prepared her daggers.
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

Hayley sat bent on the ground, muttering and cursing under her breath, rolling the few strands of fur between her fingers. She wasn't all that used to spending time in the wilds, so she didn't reflect much over the fact that animals have a keen sense of hearing. The surprise was thus great when she heard the quiet thumps behind her. Turning slowly, she half expected to see Black in his feline form, but instead she saw four-five wolves coming at her in great speed.

Her hand instinctively went to the emergency evac button, but it never reached its goal. The largest wolf had jumped up, ramming its paws in her chest. Her frail opifex body could not withstand the weight of the beast and she fell backwards, her head hitting the tree with a sick thud, and all went black.

Very slowly waking up, her head spinning and hurting like hell, she thought she heard two voices. She couldn't open her eyes just yet, but managed to make out a few words. "...ait a day in Hope." Words and white dots swam before her eyes, and Hayley decided to wait a few minutes before opening them, half expecting to see the reclaim terminal infront of her. Instead, she looked into the perky face of...Marine?

She got up, cursing, rubbing her head, while Marine explained that she and her father had seen the wolves go after her and decided to chase them away. Upon asking where Black had gone, the girl said he had continued running after asking her to watch over Hayley. That was it! She wouldn't continue the search for the wretched man. The kid would just have to come back to the city with her, and Black could come crawling with his tail between his legs when he realised that leaving his daughter was a stupid thing to do. However, Marine, being the stubborn kid, refused. She had to find her dad. Looking at Hayley with those big, wet eyes that only puppies and children can make, she whimpered "...but I still need to find my dad...".

Hayley groaned. Turning to Marine she asked "Well, where would your damn dad go then?". The girl looked around her, trying to find out which direction they had come from and then said I..don't know". She couldn't believe this. He had left his kid with her without even telling her where he was running to? Aggrivated, she picked up her weapon and helmet, muttering about men and their idiotic logics. Marine took out her map tool, and tapped it a few times, then looked back up at her. "Well..There's a town further north east.." Putting on her helmet, Hayley sneered "Then go there and tell him I'm gonna KILL him when he decides to emerge into public view again." She had had enough of this. If the man wanted to run, fine by her.

"Ms. Dinnen, are you sending me all the way there on my own..?". The girl squeeked at her, almost sounding afraid, but more judgemental. Hayley looked at her and thought about her own daughter, Chelle.
    "Fine, I'll grid you there" she muttered through gritted teeth. Only moments later, they two of them were generated in the huge digital system. They quickly made their way to where they needed to go, and exited close to the town Marine had pointed out.

They went on searching, Hayleys temper still flaring. Only seconds passed before she heard the terrified scream from the girl. ""Ms Dinnen! Dad's hurt! HELP!" She ran as fast as she could to the girl, and saw Black lying unconsciously on the ground, very badly hurt. Blood was gushing out from several wounds, and he was very pale. It looked like a mantis attack, and the tracks in the sand indicated this as well.

Hayley couldn't help but feeling annoyed at him, even in his state. Quickly, she ran a healing program in his NCU, watching the gushing blood flow slowing down, as his nanobots worked overtime to patch him up.

"Oh for crying out loud...Black...you ass!" Jabbing a stim into his arm, she looked at the girl. No need for her to see her father in this condition. "Marine, check the surroundings, look for critters, but don't wander out of my sight, do you understand?"

Half-Breed

Marine nodded to Ms Dinnen and turned away from her dad, forcing the frightened and worried tears back.

"The tracks doesn't leave anywhere Ms Dinnen.. But there's big holes in the ground here.." She knelt down and peeked down one, taking her floating torch from a backpack she attempted to light it up.

"Take him home Half-Breed."

Marine blinked. "What did you say Ms Dinnen?"
    She didn't answer, being too busy checking her dad for his condition. Marine frowned and looked back down the hole.

"Bring the Ranger home."

Marine gasped and leaped away from the hole, the torch went flying and landed with a thud in the soft sand. Looking over her shoulder she sees Ms Dinnen leaning over her dad, putting something into his NCU and turns for Marine, tossing her something.

"Put this in your NCU Marine, slot three."

She nodded and did as told. Ms Dinnen began the slow gridding process so that Black wouldn't get hurt. Marine turned her head and looked over her shoulder at the hole she had leaned down in.
    The voice came again.

"Good girl. Take care of him now, he needs the both of you."

Marine simply nodded understandingly, yet looked sad, whispering, "But Emy is dead..", and vanished into the grid.
    ~Trolls~

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"..How are you expecting us to get him out of here then, Ms Knowitall?"

Hayley wanted to send the kid back to the dusty hole they just got out of. Kids and their insolence. "Well, if you studied just a little bit harder, you'd know what that grid beacons does, kid. And lay off the lip, or you can stay here while I try to get your father to safety."

Hayley activated the gridbeacon in Blacks NCU and his digital image immediately followed her. She went for Omni-Trade, wanting to bring him to the Omni-Med facilities there. Once exited, she gave a quick glance at Blacks limp body and started lifting him up. "Ok, help me out here, you look like a sturdy kid" she said to Marine, her own knees bending dangerously under the weight of the man. Muttering something along the lines of "..she needs glasses..", Marine grabbed her fathers legs and helped carry him. They moved slowly towards the facilities, and several people stopped to look at them.

Annoyed by the fact that no one lifted a finger to help, Hayley grunted under her breath as her own body felt like it would break in two. "...oh for craps sake, he needs to lose a few pounds...". Reaching the entrance of the Omni-Med faciltiy, they finally got some help, when qualified medical personnel met them and took over Black. Marine went inside with them, but turned and looked at her. "Are you coming inside?"

"No, Marine, I have to check out something." She rubbed her shoulders and tried to figure out just how many vertebrae and joints had popped out of their normal place. The girl nodded, walked up to her and gave her a hug, thanking her.

"Uh...that's ok, Marine..." Why did the kid have to do that...she didn't know what to do, so she patted her on the shoulder.
    "I hope he's ready to stay home.." she sniffed, still holding Hayley close.
    "Yes...I hope so too, Marine. Now...go be with your father, he's bound to wake up soon." The girl nodded and moved away from her, towards the hover pad her dad was lying at, the doctors looking a little impatient. Oh and..Marine? Ask your dad to contact me once he's awake and well again, will you?

Four-Eye

Marine looked over her shoulder, “I will Ms Dinnen.”, and followed the doctors inside.

The interior was ice-white, seemed cold to what Marine had experienced the last weeks in the wilds.
    One of the doctors walking by Blacks hoverpad nodded Marine over to the reception.

“This guy will need some information from you Ms Blackwind.” And smiled at Marine, who nodded and shuffled nervously over to the four-eyed man behind the counter.
    He looked up at her, his glasses appeared to magnify his eyes a million times, looking almost like a leet, just not cute at all.

“Oh hi there, you must be that guys daughter? We had a call from Hayley Dinnen about his arrival here while she was in the grid." He smiled and continued. "I’ll be needing some information about your father if there’s anything new that we don’t already know, like allergies, change of bloodtype and the usual works. Just sign it down on this pad right over here and ask if there’s anything confusing but I’m sure a young lady as yourself knows about all these gadgets more than most of us indoors types do.” He said quickly, almost too fast.

“Oh and we’ll need you to stick your hand in here to verify who you are and all your records, just procedure.” He added and pointed to a hole in the counter. Marine looked baffled, how could anyone look like that and talk so fast? “Oh well” she thought and shrugged, sliding her hand down the hole. It flashed red and displayed “ERROR!” around the opening of the hole.

Marine jumped and withdrew her hand, looking up at the four-eye who smiled nervously at her. “Oh so you’re one of them types… Ah right, Marine Blackwind. We had you in here for accelerated growth some months ago.”
    Marine blinked. “Them…types? What do you mean by them types?”
    Four-eye grinned a white, flashy smile, covered with metal railings. “Yes, them types, from that awful, AWFUL place, Dobe or whatever, Jobe yes?”
    Marine shook her head slowly. “No, I’m from Rubi-Ka, born and…” Four-eye interrupts her. “Oooh..You’re HER! Well I’m sure everything is in order then young lass, just go ahead and sign on that pad I showed you earlier, over there.” He points at the pad again, which is blinking ready for information.

Marine sighed confused by the silly man, and began to type in information.
    Four-eye smiled and stared at her on occasion, winking and pointing at her to some of the personell who the awed in amazement at Marine, who grew more and more annoyed.
    Last edited by Cham; Mar 19th, 2004 at 09:13:32.
    ~Trolls~

The Awakening

Marine sits next to the bed in Omni-Med, holding her dads hand, resting her cheek on the back of her hand, looking up at him with her big, black eyes. The ECG attatched to him bleeps a little annoyingly to Marine.

*bleep*

*bleep*

*bleep*

..But it was also comforting, his heartbeats repeated through electronics. No matter how annoying the bleeps, she hoped they never stopped, unless the machine was removed from him of course.

He lay motionless, execpt for the occasional deep breath, raising his blanket. All stitched up and bandaged, with those kind of tubes up his nose to help him breath better.

"I wonder what goes on in dads head right now... Being uncouncious and all...
    Does he dream? Or... Maybe he's thinking..
    Nah..If he's thinking then he has to be aware of himself and be councious, right?...
    Then I wonder what he's dreaming of... Maybe mom and Emy..."

Marine snivles and strokes her dads hand under her cheek with a finger.

"I miss them so much...
    But...
    They're gone. And there's nothing I can do about it, just suck it up, and accept it...
    ...But it still hurts.
    Dad is here atleast...Dad's here for me...."

Marine smiles a little, a ticklish tear slowly runs down her cheek.

"I love you dad...
    Some people say that... That people in coma and such can hear you if you talk to them..But I don't believe in that... I'd rather you heard my thoughts, you know?
    ...I never think bad of you dad...
    No matter how much trouble I get in. I never ever do it to hurt you dad...
    ..Maybe I do it to hurt myself..."

The tickly tear slides down the corner of Marine's lips, she giggles as it tickles her. Carefully she lets her head up and lets go of her dads hand, pulling her face with her palms. Some mascara rubs off her eyes and down her cheeks. She looks at her hands and giggles, laying her head down again, holding her dads hand.

"I wanted to look pretty for you when you wake up dad, but I think I spoiled it right now...
    ...They say that this make-up stuff makes girls pretty... I can't see it...
    ...Mom used some I think... Mo--..."

She hulks, turns her head and lays her forehead on the back of her hand, closing her eyes tight so she won't cry.

Her efforts fail as a hand strokes the back of her head, she looks up. Black's leaning towards her, smiling at her. Marine opens her mouth in a joyus smile and leaps up into the bed, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Dad! You're awake!"

[I want to thank everyone who has read and posted to this story so far, it gives this nice feeling seeing people take time to read this story, aswell as post and help me along with it.

For the moment I think it's somewhat concluded for the "MIA" bit, but I'm very, VERY sure that there will be more to come.

Thanks again to everyone!]
    Last edited by Cham; Mar 25th, 2004 at 19:21:01.
    ~Trolls~

((Stop makin' me want to cry! Great story so far, as usual, hon!))
    Last edited by Lunya; Mar 26th, 2004 at 21:54:27.
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

"Omni by profession, Neutral at heart."~

->This link guaranteed to make you smile every time!<-

Quote:

~ "You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy, even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy ~

[ I love that Quote.. but we are reading hun.. keep it up! ]
    Last edited by Magan; Mar 26th, 2004 at 13:25:53.

[Damn it, you even made me change my name to this one, but I had to write here. I should've written sooner actually but it was different...
    You have to go on with this so I can read your stories when I'm on... Oh well I'd like you to, that's all. I'm not a good RPer but you know I appreciate what you're writing I have to say thanks for what you did already.

So please go on ]
    Millie "Ecureuille" Pillot
    Freelancer Doctor.

Things Undone

"What had she meant?"

Black looked up at the rainy sky, letting the raindrops drip on his shades and face outside Rompa Bar.
    The Mantises from the attack on him just outside of Sabulum, he hadn't been able to fight them off. There seemed to be thousands of them, though he managed to narrow them down by six or seven hundred before they had managed to reach him. Hacking at him with their broods and legs, tearing at his armor and flesh...
    She had come to his rescue.

"Was it mercy of nature? Or was it as she said... But what did it mean?"

He sighed and looked down on the path beneath him, under the small bridge. People rushed to get out of the rain and into Rompa Bar for shelter, but he just stood there. It still hurt him walking in there, but that was over now. Millie was gone from his heart, but of course, she was still on his mind. Like a faint memory of good times. There were other things that bothered him now.

"I have things undone? What things? Raising Marine is one... Telling her the truth could be another thing..."

His com-link beeped and flashed in the rain. Picking it up a small smile came about his face.

"Hi Black."
    "Hello Magan."
    "What are you doing?"
    "Nothing... Just standing around."

Slowly he moved under the ceiling opposite of Rompa Bar and leaned back against the wall, instinctivly running his hand through his long, dark hair. Shaking his hand off, he slumped down to the ground, just to rest.

"How about you Magan? What are you up to?"
    "Nothing..."
    "Need anything?"
    "No... How's Marine?"
    "She's fine Magan. She misses you."

He could feel Magan smiling, from her breathing on the other side of the com-link. It wasn't entirely understandable, but somehow he felt that through all that they had been through, some sort of connection had been made between them, like sensing feelings. Sometimes he would call her, feeling she needed to talk, and often she actually did. Same way with him, needing to talk to someone, his com-link often bleeped and flashed with Magan's name brightly shining above the others.

"Tell her I miss her too 'kay?"
    "You could just stop by and tell her yourself?"
    "Yes... Where are you?"
    "I'm just outside Rompa. You?"
    "Reets..."
    "What are you doing there? Getting drunk again?"

He smiled, teasing her. He had lost count of how many times he had to walk her, carry her, guide her, and drag her to her apartment after a party at Reets. It wasn't something he liked, her getting drunk, but he was happy that he was the one she called when she needed something like that. Sometimes forcing her to go to bed, other times talk to her in the bean-bag chairs till she fell asleep. He liked watching her fall asleep, like a sense of accomplishment, that another day had gone by and she was safe.

"No... Sitting with some friends... I need to talk with you.."
    "Sure... Go ahead hun."
    "No... Can you come here?"
    "Okay.. Something wrong?"
    "No.. But give me a few minutes, 'kay?"
    "Sure. I'll walk."

And he did. Stood up slowly and walked back into the rain, down the ramp and towards the eastern grid. He forced his thoughts back to Sabulum.

"What else did she say... They need me... Something like that..."

He sighed and punched the grid-terminal lightly, slowly materializing into digital form. Not his choice of travel, but you can't be picky with everything in life.

What happened in Sabulum had been so eerie. Perhaps because he would have been eaten entirely if it hadn't been for her...

"What did you mean... Calia?"
    Last edited by Cham; Mar 31st, 2004 at 20:35:09.
    ~Trolls~

Feelings of Old

He arrived at Reets, Magan was sitting on the ground just outside, leaning against one of the stands there, she looked tired and overly sleepy. He walked to her slowly, looking around to see if anyone else was there, and kneeled down before her.
    “You ok?”
    She looked up at him with her eyes halfclosed, barely letting out a moan before speaking.
    “I took a pill... I can't sleep anymore... Everything is wrong...”
    Black turns and sits down next to her, she leans over and rests her head on his shoulder.
    “Wrong hun?”
    “I... I left my mistress's...”
    Black looked surpised, now she was alone again, without a mistress. Sadly he knew she would most likely find another in just a few days. He sighed and stroked her cheek with his palm.
    “Oh... Why did you do that?”
    She didn't answer, there was a long silence, only disturbed by a few people going in and out of the first floor of Reets Retreat.
    “..Magan?”
    She opened her eyes just a little, letting her arm come across his chest and to his shoulder, resting on him.
    “I'm sleepy...”
    Black nodded and slid his arm under her legs and one around her back, picking her up.
    “We should get you home then.” he whispered, carefully walking down to the whom-pah's, she replied with just a moan, sleeping again in his arms.

After a little, they arrive in Jobe Harbour, outside Magans apartment. Fumbling with his spare key under Magan, he manage to struggle the door open and steps inside, carefully pushing the door closed with his foot. Magans arm was still resting on his shoulder, but slowly slid down to his chest on occasion. He smiled and took a deep breath each time, and he knew she would smile back, and she did, and slid her hand back up to his shoulder.
    Carefully he laid her down on her bed, and not exactly to his surprise, she pulls him down with her, half asleep. He sits down against the top of the bed, she sits up and leans back against him.
    They whisper.
    “Thought you were asleep.”
    “Sleepy...”
    She looks up at him again with her eyes halfclosed as he strokes her cheek, holding her close.
    “So what's wrong Magan?”
    She looks down, resting her head to his chest.
    “I .. I just can't .. I can't handle it anymore..”
    He looks down at her, listening and stroking her cheek.
    “I don't know what I want anymore... I need someone to look after me... But there is noone. I have been with many dom's.. I can' t find .. whatever it is I am looking for...”
    “I'm noone?...” Black smiles briefly, knowing he's teasing her.
    She frowns up at him. “You know I didn't mean you...”
    “I can't look after you?”
    She halfly falls next to Black, laying down ontop of the sheets, he slowly follows, laying down next to her, behind her.
    “I don't know... You always look after me..”
    “Yeah... I do...” He whispers and pauses, laying a hand around Magan, stroking her tummy, thinking briefly of how much Millie liked it when he did.
    “...And I will always look after you hun, wether you want me to or not.”
    After a short silence, he looks over her shoulder to see if she's asleep, and she is.

Time passes as Magan sleeps, still talking in her sleep, talking to him, in the past, refering to him as the Master he was to her. He sighs and holds around her tightly, sushing quietly into her ear, and she calms down, silently asleep.
    Hours pass, Black thought back to Sabulum. Trying to figure out what happened and why.
    He had been at no mercy to one mantis as the several hundreds was in a circle around them. He was on his back, and it was ontop of him. There was no doubt in his mind that this was the leader, and that he would die at the next and final sting.
    He had his insurance cancelled for his and Marine's trip, so he couldn't be traced. At that final moment as he realized his fate in the broods of a mantis, he had seen thoughts so vividly of things he would only dream of doing but never dare to, and things so horrid he prayed the mantis would drive the brood through his flesh and finish it.
    But appearently, someone had other plans. The ground had shook, the sand had sprouted around him. He had heard the mantises screech and the sounds of eremites lay deep in the centre of his brain. It was shortly over, and the silence of the desert settled, but the eremites came back and looked down on him, there had been three of them. When they were looking down on him, he was thankful they had killed the mantises, but somehow he saw it a little cliché. Perhaps not a mantis dinner, but now for eremites?
    But no.
    Above him came a great white light, slowly taking form into something so indescribable... The word angel came to mind. It spoke to him, it was a woman, or a girl, atleast he thought so, but knew it clearly when she introduced herself.
    “Ranger, do not be afraid, for I am Calia. Protecter, guardian, and watcher of all who seeks the nature and its creatures, and hold them deep to their hearts. I sense much of this in you, even though your heart lays mostly in certain individuals. Yes I have been watching you, Ranger, as I watch all Rangers, guarding them and protecting them, incase they encounter danger they cannot comprehend before their time. The ones who are there so strongly in your heart need you, thus you also have things undone.” And she vanished, the eremites sank into the ground, and he fainted just as he heard footsteps coming to him, and Marine's cry to Hayley for help.

Yawning slightly, he gently lifts his arm as he feels Magan wanting to move, she rolls over and hugs him softly, he smiles and holds her close just as she sighs and looks around the room slowly and whispers.
    “Black?”
    “Welcome back...”
    She blinks and looks up at him, “What are you doing here?” and hugs him a bit closer.
    He smiles and strokes the back of her head carefully. “Carried you home... As always..”
    “Oh...”
    “You took some pills, made you sleepy...”
    “I don't remember... Glad you're here... Feels good...”
    Black looks sad for a moment, thinking of the nostalgia, a pill making her sleepy, and she can't remember... Magan sits up slowly, and he looks up at her, still laying behind her, stroking his hand on her back, she looks around slowly.
    “You ok Magan?”
    She yawns and pulls off her shirt and unclips her bra, nodding. He strokes her naked back as he eyes the ear-ring.
    “... Remember anything yet?” he pokes the ear-ring. She nods again and slips out of her pants. He quickly looks down at the sheets as she jumps up and off the bed, looking over her shoulder with her back to him.
    “I need a bath.”
    “You could have warned me...”
    “What... You didn't see me undressing? How did you survive the wilds?” She giggles.
    “Wasn't exactly watching... Thought you would get dressed aswell...”
    She didn't hear, she was already in the bathrom, slipping into the hot water. As she was all the way down, Black got out of the bed and sat down outside the bathroom, with his back against the wall next to the door.
    “Want anything to eat or drink? I could make something...”
    She giggles faintly and splashes in the bathtub, looking behind her at the door now and again. Black turns his head to the door, incase she didn't hear him. “Magan?”
    In the bathroom, Magan slowly slides underwater and blows bubbles and activates the jacuzi bubbles.
    Black sighs and rests his head back against the wall, squinting at the windows in the far end of the bedroom, eyeing the reflection of the bathroom with his eagle-eye. Magan pokes her head up of the water and grins, with soapy bubbles allover her face and hair. She looks behind her again and says teasingly. “I wonder how will I ever wash my back?”
    Black smiles a little and shakes his head slowly. “Need help?”
    “I don't know... Do you have any experience in back washing?”
    “Well... I have two kids...”
    She giggles. “You might have to open your eyes again though.”
    Black chuckles silently as he gets up slowly, taking off his glasses and peeks inside. She sits with her back to him, looking at him over her shoulder. “And that's ok by you? Me having my eyes open?” He smiles at her and steps inside, sitting down next to the bathtub. “Where did you put the spo--...” She splashes him and laughs, scooting over to the other side of the tub, turning to him, hiding halfly in the bubbles and grins. Black smiles, dripping wet, soaked. He shakes his head, as always when wet, like a dog, the water splashes about the bathroom. Magan giggles and slides underwater, with only her nose and upwards showing. Black looks at her and smiles slyly at her, balancing around the bathtub along the wall and sits down behind her.
    “Have to make things hard hm?” He brushes off some soap from his clothes, just as Magan sighs and turns again, grabbing his legs, pulling him into the bathtub, making a large splash.
    Black looks down at himself, sitting in the tub. “Well...Now I'm just about as wet as I can get...”
    Magan scoots close to him and sits into his lap, nodding softly.
    “So...I need a bath, is that what you're trying to tell me here?” He smiles and hugs the wet Magan to his wet clothes, she nods, giggling.
    Magan whispers. “I still feel sleepy... But I feel better.”
    “Good...”
    “What shall we do today?” she says, and wraps her arms around him softly as he strokes her back with a wet sponge.
    “Relax a little...”, tossing his shoulderpads up on the floor. “Mind if I take off my shirt? It's kinda wet... And sticky... And not entirely comfortable.” he smiles as Magan giggles and helps pull his shirt off, and lays it behind him. She smiles and hugs him close against his bare chest.
    “Much better... Execpt my boots and pants.. But oh well..” he smiles and holds her close.
    She whispers and giggles. “You'll be fine, Mr Soggy pants.”
    He whispers back. “Yes... And so will you...”
    “Well I know, I am not wearing any pants.”
    He sighs, “Not entirely what I meant...”
    Out of nowhere she kisses his chest. He looks down at her and she's hugging close to his chest again. He wasn't sure if it was just some water that splashed up, she had never kissed him before, only the warm and very much welcomed hugs. He shrugged the thoughts away as she looks up at him.
    “Want me to make some of my world famous toast?” she grins. He just looks down at her, still a little baffled from what he thought was a kiss on his chest. She tries again, “I'm hungry, want some toast or not?”
    He smiles at her teasingly. “Well, do I have to wear soggy pants?”
    “Umm... No, there's a drier here in the bathroom, it only takes a second.”
    “Okay..” He looks around and notices the drier next to the towels, and his cheek meets Magan's lips as she kisses him again. He looks at her. “Hun..”
    She traces her fingers along an old scar on Black's chest. “Yes?”
    “You've never kissed me before..Now you've kissed me twice...”
    “Well.. I don't remember sitting with you naked in a tub before either.” she grins and gets up, all covered with soapy bubbles, Black looks away as she steps out of the tub and bathroom and walks into the kitchen. He looks down at his wet pants and boots, sighs and gets up, trying not to slip in the tub, and walks over to the drier, turning it on and his clothes dry up in a second. He smiles and steps outside the bathroom, pulling on a good sweater from his trusty backpack, and steps into the kitchen as Magan goes back to the bathroom, a little less soapy, but still soapy enough to not really show anything noticable, she hands him a plate of toast and grins, and skips into the bathroom. Black smiles and walks over to the dining place in the kitchen and puts down the plate, walking slowly into the bedroom and stands outside. Magan comes out and frowns. “Did I burn the toast again?”
    Black smiles, “No, I just thought I'd wait for you”. Magan gets a confused look on her face, not quite understanding why he would wait for her, she asks him, “Why?”
    He smiles and takes her hand, leading her to the kitchen. “Because I know you're hungry.”
    Black sits down on the seats in the kitchen, by the plate with toasts. He sighs as Magan sits down next to him, on the floor.Gently he takes her hand and pulls her on the seat with him. Tasting the toast, he smiles at her. “Marine told me of your toast. It's great.”
    Magan grins at him, but suddenly looks surprised as he offers his toast to her, she whispers. “You finish it.” Black just smiles and pushes the toast teasingly to her lips, she looks back at him, not sure what to do, but takes a gentle bite and smiles softly to him as he smiles back and kisses her cheek, then sighs and looks out the window, down at Jobe, Magan leans on him and looks at him.
    “I should take you out of here...”
    “Where do you want to go Black?”
    “Someplace without people... Like them..” He says, and offers Magan another bite of the toast. She does as before, a gentle bite and soft smile.
    “There's not a lot of places we can go together, you being a silly omni.”
    He whispers to her, almost under his breath. “I mean off the planet...”
    Magan chokes on the toast and coughs, Black quickly pats her back, watching her conserned. “Are you ok?” She nods and looks up at him. “Offworld..?”
    He nods and slides his hand into his pocket, looking a little nervous, but tries very hard to hide it, whispering as he lays something in her hand. “But... First I want you to...”

He thinks for a moment, of those years in the castle with the Headmistress, where he was given that young, innocent girl as a pet, and how their lives became close, yet to him, she was forbidden. He had felt the feelings growing inside of him way back then, but forbid himself to feel those feelings. After she had gone on the shuttle, he had expected that he would never see her again, but he did. A few weeks after he had met Millie and began a relationship with her, the pet was before him again, but she didn't remember him but he saw it was her, in Magan's eyes. Terrified, he had stayed away from her, continuing his life with Millie. But fate seemed to had brought him and Magan close still when he was made General of the Society of Salvation, an organization that Magan was in. He saw then that she was still a pet, the one thing he hated himself for and wanted to free her from, and she was still one.
    Things hadn't gone well with him and Millie and she had left him for another. He sought Magan then, remembering how she asked once, why he had become so 'huggy', but she only giggled and embraced her friend, not knowing who he was, time and time again. But now she knew who he was, even if she hadn't accepted it still, he felt his feelings still there, and had thought about this moment as he was under the mantises and eremites, of how he wished he had done this sooner.

Swallowing deeply and looks into her eyes, watching her tremble and looking right back at him, he whispers softly into her ear “I love you Magan ...I...Want you to marry me.”
    ~Trolls~

"YOU WHAT???"

Lunya sat straight up and gasped as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. Black's voice sounded absolutely thrilled, yet absolutely nervous, too.

She switched the earpiece from her left ear to her right and poked Avrik until he woke up.

"Oh my goodness, DG... we have to do some planning!"

Black started to protest something, but Lunya just ignored him and went on babbling about weddings.

Avrik pulled a pillow over his head and groaned. "What are you talking about, Lun?"

Lunya hopped off the wide bed and skipped accross the stone floor to the kitchen. She poured herself a cup of coffee and '****ed' it up with a shot of Hit-the-Floor-Jack.

"Okay, I said I wasn't coming back, but I'll come back for this! I can't believe it!"

Avrik leaned against the doorframe and yawned. "Lun? Who is that? It's too early to be up."

Lunya motioned for him to hush and mouthed the words: BLACK PROPOSED!

"What? To you?" He scratched his head, making his long blond hair even messier.

"No! To Magan!" Lunya kicked her feet up onto the table and sipped her spiked coffee.

"What did she say?"

"She'll say yes, she has to. It's Black. He's great! Okay, Avrik, you get on your comm and connect to my channel. Alright then... I can be the flower-leet, right?" Lunya blurted without taking a breath between sentences.

Avrik shook his head and smiled wide, sitting on the bench beside Lunya and pulling her onto his lap. It had been a long time since she'd talked to anyone, or looked so excited. "So, we're leaving our little cabin in the woods?"

"Just for this," Lunya grinned, kissing Avrik on the nose and scratching his unshaven chin with her fingertips. "I wouldn't miss this for the world."
    Last edited by Lunya; Apr 9th, 2004 at 23:57:43.
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

"Omni by profession, Neutral at heart."~

->This link guaranteed to make you smile every time!<-

The Wedding

Black stands infront of a big mirror, straightening his suit, looking at himself nervously.
    "How do I look kid?"
    Marine sits behind him, snuggled up in a blanket. "You look fine dad, really. Aren't you going to be late?"
    Black looks at his wristpad. "****, yeah, I gotta go!" He says and walks quickly to Marine and hugs her. "You get well, alright? There's food in the fridge, and.. Yeah you know the drill." Black smiles and quickly walks out of the small low-cost apartment in Jobe.
    Marine waits patiently for the door to shut, then a few minutes before she tosses the blanket off her. "Thought He'd never leave.." She whispers to herself and lays on her tummy on the sofa and reads a magazine.

Black rushes out of Jobe, into the Borealis Whom-Pah, through the mainstreet, feeling akward in his suit. Quickly he turns and heads into Stret West Whom-Pah and up the long alleyway to Reets Retreat, up the stairs and to the roof.
    Priestess Janian and Magan was already there, Magan had a coat on, it was a little windy up there on the roof. Janian nodded and smiled greetingly, Magan smiled shy. "Sorry I'm late.." Black smiled and walked up to Magan and gently kissed her cheek.
    "Don't worry Mr Blackwind, I was just telling Ms Magan what I'll do. So please join us." Black nodded, And they went through the recital.
    Slowly, people began to gather, and Black got more and more nervous. They were mostly clanners, and they all loved Magan, gritting their teeth at him, giving him looks saying "Treat her nice or else".

Slowly the sky cleared up, the Best Man and the Flower Leet, Avrik and Lunya, finally reached the roof, and the wedding began.
    Black smiled sideways at Magan, while listening to Priestess Janian's words.

"Welcome, friends and family of these two young that stands before you on this day!"

Janian smiles warmly at the two.

"We are here to celebrate the commitment that Black and Magan has promised to show one another.

This is the time that you have chosen to become husband and wife. We are here not only to witness your commitment to each other, but to wish you every happiness in your future life together.

Marriage is founded on sincerity and understanding which leads to tolerance, confidence and trust. We believe that those qualities which have attracted you both to each other, can be best developed during a life spent together.

A happy marriage will enable you to establish a home with love and stability where your family and friends will always be welcome.

Two lives, two people, so very different, yet so similar. Together we stand as one, sharing our future as it comes. The past is that past. Buds are yet to blossom, with care and trust, the best is yet to be revealed. Honesty and kindness, are the fruits of love.

You have both crossed a boundary today. Where many people set down codes in concrete and never allow for the possiblility of change, you have looked past the obstacle of the conflict between Omni-Tek and the clans. It is truly a joyful moment when you two today choose to live your lives together, and a marriage
    between your souls becomes a reality.

Everyday you live, learn how to receive love with as much understanding as you give it. Find things within yourself, then you can share them with each other.

Do not fear this love. Have an open heart and a sincere mind. Be sincerely interested in each other's happiness. Be constant and consistent in your love. From this comes security and strength. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us on this day of your
    marriage. Try to commit yourselves fully and freely to each other."

Janian turns to Black and smiles at him.

"You may now say your vows of love to Magan."

Black nods and turns to Magan, tilts his head and
    looks into her eyes, smiling a little sad.

"Whenever you called for me, I came to you, but I stayed behind...
    Whenever you looked at me, I looked back, but I looked at you from afar...
    Whenever you were sad, I was there to for you, but I hid far away...
    Whenever you held me, I held you tight, but I never felt close to you..."

Black sighs and smiles a little more.

"You were forbidden for me.. Forbidden by me..
    But I can't escape the feelings that have always been in my heart...
    I love you, Magan, I always have and always will.."

Black smiles brightly and relieved as Janian turns to
    Magan

"You may now say your vows of love to Black"

Magan looks into Blacks deep blue eyes and speaks
    softly.

"In the depths of my dispair..you have lifted me up.
    When I am lost and afraid.. you have been my safe place.
    Whenever I am weak.. you have given me strength.
    You are everything to me..My Warrior in shining Armor.
    For as long as I can remember.. you have been right here, looking after me.
    I will always be yours my love.. for I have come to realize, my heart has always belonged to you."

Janian smiles and looks at Black.

"Black, do you take Magan to be your wife, will you love her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health and forsaking all others to keep only unto her until life is no more?"
    Black looks into Magans eyes. "I do."

Janian turns to Magan.

"Magan, do you take Black to be your husband, will you love him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health and forsaking all others to keep only unto him until life is no more?"

Magan looks up at Black smiling. "I do."

"Then seal this vow with an embrace. For it is yours to treasure and keep."

Black takes Magan's hand and pulls her close, holding
    her against his body.

"As you have consented together to be bound to one another in lawful marriage... as you have made special promises to each other which have been symbolized by the joining of hands and taking of vows..."

Janian smiles warmly.

"I am happy to pronounce you as husband and wife. Hold one another now, as you will for all the days that are to come.

Now that the ceremony is over and the experience of living day by day is about to begin, go and meet it gladly."

Janian looks up and smiles at Black.

"You may now kiss your wife, Black."

He smiles and kisses his wife lovingly and holds her still as Janian turns to the guests and speaks.

"Please welcome Mr. and Mrs. Blackwind as a newly wed couple embarking on their journey together."
    ~Trolls~

*applauds* More !

Some people are so talented!

I know how it is to be alone in rubi-ka with a child .. *smiles softly at the tiny being that sleeps calm in her bed while she thumbs on the engagement ring that hangs in a chain around the neck*

Many blessing to you both
    True love is rare now this days

Sharle
    Last edited by Sharle; Jun 9th, 2004 at 11:10:59.

Paradise Isles

The blue skies were eternal and endless, nothing to really complain about, it was perfect. The sun wasn't too warm either, it was just right, it didn't sting the pale skin as much as the ones on Rubi-Ka, even though he hadn't noticed untill he went away.

Of course, he hadn't left alone. A shadow was thrown over him, laying there on a blanket in the sun, wearing his black shorts and sunglasses. He looked down beyond his feet, a shadowy figure, feline, easily noticeable by the way she stood.

"Are you just going to lay there all day lazy pants?" She giggled and he smiled. "I just might. Too lazy to walk down to the water."

All of a sudden another shadowy figure jumped out from behind the first. "THEN THE WATER COMES TO YOU!" the girl shouted, and Black jumped up wet from a bucket of water. "AAAHHH!! Why you little..!" He grinned and ran after the sprinting girls into the crystal clear water, Magan and Marine, wife and daughter, both giggling, happily, with no worries, for once.
    ~Trolls~

Originally posted by Sharle
    I know how it is to be alone in rubi-ka with a child .. *smiles softly at the tiny being that sleeps calm in her bed while she thumbs on the engagement ring that hangs in a chain around the neck*

Many blessing to you both
    True love is rare now this days
    I'm curious Sharle. That ring around your neck... and the baby inside you...

hmm...

Does the name Malcom Vein mean anything to you?
    Last edited by Kioko; Aug 11th, 2004 at 04:44:40.
    Signatures by Kioko... a unique service brought to you by KiokoWorld.com
    Mind Gamez r HERE!

*almost faints and gets a shock when she reads the post* yes! i mean god do you know what happend to him ??? Could you if you around in rubi ka give me a call ?I would like to know!

and the baby is borned...

8 months ago

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast