Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: Dream mission...

Good Idea

BUMP on this

This is one of the best ideas on how to actually keep the game innovating and fun for all levels. Would make ppl actually put some effort in trade skills again.

I think this thread was the most imagination inspiring ive seen on these boards.It reaks of well thought out ideas and suggestions.Makes me all misty i tell ya.The kicker is these ideas could probably be implemented without massive changes in code.Wich would translate into less cascading bugs(hopefully).Good ideas, good read,great suggestions.Now if we could only bump it to the head devs desk.bump bump

How about instead of just bumping it, post some more ideas?

Originally posted by Sean Roach
    How about instead of just bumping it, post some more ideas?
    bump

i dont want more ideas. I just want the posted ideas ingame.
    that would be a first step. After that we can bring up more ideas..
    /tell Oezcan

I dont have time to write my own suggestions right now, and besides - the ideas for new missions in the start of this thread are absolutely GREAT!

As the missions are now, the whole idea is to kill every mob in mission - if you dont, you risk not getting a token. In other words, doing thousands of these types of missions is utterly, totally, completely BOOOOOOOOORING!

Rescue, rendevouz, assassination of hostile infiltrators etc. type missions where the point ISNT to kill mobs (in its self - if you do, its just a bonus), but doing complicated, skilldependant, profession reliant manouvres as a TEAM, sounds like REAL missions - variated and not copies of what you have been doing for MONTHS (or in my case, much over a year now).

Essentially they REALLY need to improve mission design, -layout and -type variety, because as it is now, I will quit AO as soon as SWG comes out. Not as a threat, but out of boredom and rinse n repeat kind of work that AO is filled with.

[edit: One important aspect in the life of AO, is the upcomming release of Shadow Lands! FC has promised to add "new and exciting" types of missions, so I hope they keep true to their word!]
    Last edited by Killerdoc; Jan 7th, 2003 at 17:19:44.
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Wow, this kind of missions would really be wonderful *bump* (but its a bit frustrating there was no feedback since april)

by the way... Suggestion for an Adventurer-puzzle: A room full of Leet-Watchdogs only avoidable in leetform

This is just an awsome idea. I saw it ofcourse on another thread in another dept. but just as a little note. Anyway.. i just got into this thread and read about 2/3 about it =) so I might be repeating something here... but here is my ideas:

I saw someone naming examples:

Fixer: Damn, this door isn't locked, it's broke. [Engi] get it open plz.
    Engi: Sure will *takes tool X and tries to fix the lock*..... Guys, my infrascanner device shows moving targets on the other side. Can't tell what's out there tho.
    Agent: I sneak out and scout ahead....

*team awaits a few secs*

Agent: You were right The entire room is filled with movementscanners and sentryguns. Plus 4 red Atroxenfs.
    Fixer: Hmm.. *pulls up his gridvector analyzer and moving it around the room*... There is a securitycontrolpanel behind this wall here.
    Engi: *Pulling up his weldtorch and loosens the panel* Ta-da! =)
    Fixer: Ok team, I need you guys to clear a path to the main security gridpoint. I suspect heavy AA-programs and Gridguards on the way.
    Enf: AA what?
    Fixer: Anti-Avatar programs. I'm gonna grid you into the internal securitygridsystem.
    Enf: Oh ok.... I think
    Engi: *packs his things up again* Aye aye... grid away =)

Just playing with this "dream" a little. Don't flame me for not using all professions in this very tiny scenario =O)

Another thing I noticed was "What do we do about xp? Money? Items?". Well... I think we should still get xp from welding a door, sneaking past a mob, charming the hell of a NPC to get info etc + completing the mission ofcourse. For a lvl125+ player the mission often gives average 2-3mil XP and maybe 5mil worth of creds. Still, there could be chests on the way ofcourse. But the missions that are more "sneaky" and/or "tradeskill"- based shouldn't be depending on -mobXP-. Make the completing of the mission worth more instead.

If you need "power XP" then make more camps like SWMine in Lush or 8x8 in PM etc etc etc.

Traders vs Engi tradeskills *sigh* This is a huge mistake from FC side. Anyway on my behalf. Traders are better with tradeskills but alot of players use their traders for PvP only. But maybe this "dream" will make FC create some new nanos so that Engis can be good at Tradeskills too.

Hope this was a creative Bump =O)
    Drmys - 216/18 Healmonkey
    Znyper - 220/15 Assassin
    Keepyxa - 203/5 Keeper
    Atomyxa - 152/0 NT
    Intoxica - 157/0 Soldier

- THE RENAISSANCE -

Ok this will be a PvP match.

A Soldier sitting in Newland.

A few mins later a [Trader] :" Hey Soldier how about a match?U against me?"
    [Soldier]:"I think u shouldnt try that. I ll get u anytime and finish mission. U will be the looser."
    [Trader]: Lets team first of all.
    [Soldier]:"Ok i warned u."
    [Trader]:"Items or cash?"
    [Soldier]:"i have 15mill cash.is that ok for ya?"
    [Trader]:"ok for me. i have "shades of Lucubration",should be
    little more worth."
    Both in Team now.
    Trader activates MissionTerminal
    [Trader]:"Hey i got a nice place here in a big hall. Wanna Try?"
    [Soldier]:"Ok."
    Trader accept this mission and both get a message.

Messagebox:"Ok guys. Team has 2 ppl. Each of u pls put an item of ur choice or cash in the window."

[Soldier] --> input 15mill cash.
    [Trader] --> input "shades"
    After both pressed accept.
    please wait while loading zone
    Both warped in a big hall.
    They cant see eachother.
    Random places they got in the arena .

its a bit dark and they hear everywhere mobs,but cant see anything near.

Messagebox to Soldier and Trader:"Stay alive as long as possible. The first one in team who dies is the looser.
    U have to kill allur teammembers(if they survived the attacking mobs)to win this match.But note: Enemies near u will attack u both. To Survive is the top priority!"

Trader gets a new messagebox.
    Messagebox:"The Soldier(btw. ur opponent) is rdy-he/she already pressed "accept").
    Please press accept to start fight."
    After trader buffed himself he press Accept and they hear a "GONG".
    Soldier turns around and see 3 mobs attacking him.
    He begins to attack.
    [Trader]:"Damn 1 red mob on me."
    he also start to fight.
    After 3 mins fight the Trader killed 3 mobs and bufft himself again while the Soldier tries to kill the the last mob.
    Trader: Hey i see u
    Trader begins to attack the Soldier who has now to fight against 2 enemies.
    2mins later.
    Soldier lost the match and both get a new messagebox.
    Messagebox: " Winner Trader! u won 15million credits.Plus 20k exp per killed enemy."
    please choose one of the following options: Warpout/Startagain(with new rewards)

is that ok with ya guys?
    /tell Oezcan

Woaw!

Now that's a alternative PvP match...
    Awsome idea. Nothing hard actually. Could be used to create a mass PvP scenario too. A whole team in a "labyrinth" trying to kill eachother... but mobs spawn a little random here and there to make things difficult.

"Dream on" guys... this thread is awsome =)
    Drmys - 216/18 Healmonkey
    Znyper - 220/15 Assassin
    Keepyxa - 203/5 Keeper
    Atomyxa - 152/0 NT
    Intoxica - 157/0 Soldier

- THE RENAISSANCE -

c'mon guys . this shouldnt die.....
    /tell Oezcan

more alternative pvp

How about an NPC extraction mission like those stated at the beginning of this thread, but with a twist. Opposite side teams of appropriate level looking for missions will be able to roll a mission to prevent you from finishing/completing the mission. NPC is in a locked cage/cell in boss room...key is boss loot. In the mission description include the possibility that releasing the prisoner may set off an alarm, in which case members of the opposite side will arrive and try to prevent the removal of the NPC. The NPC won't actually join the team so can't be gridded out. Once the rescue team has defeated the boss (if an opposing team has chosen the 'stop NPC/team from escaping' mission) and the cage is opened the gas goes to 25%, half the mobs respawn, random doors relock, and rescue team gets another mission. Get out alive. The opposing team enters mission. Both teams have mobs to deal with as well as the 'live' opponents. The mission reward for this second part would have to be greater for the rescue team than for the prevention team, since they have no choice but to forge on. Cash reward for either team would be increased by 50% if all members of the opposite team are killed.

If noone from the opposite side chooses the mission, then no alarm goes off and the original mission is complete as soon as the team hits the outside door.

I have to say that it's very disheartening that this thread has been around for so long with no implementation of any of these ideas. Sigh, once again, maybe Shadowlands...
    Randome. Proud General of Link Dead, a mercenary organization. Available for assistance with blitzing, raiding, tower defense, etc. Send a tell to any of our members for more info.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617