Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Question (READ THIS FIRST!)

Frequently Asked Question (READ THIS FIRST!)

This is the place we will try to keep updated with answers to those frequently asked questions. Please read this before asking.

• Where can I find good guides for the agent profession?

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...hreadid=253487
    • Why is sneaking not working?

Sneaking is currently bugged in PvP and PvM.

In PvP you will sometimes be visible no matter what.
      In PvM you will always be unsuccessful on your first sneak attempt after a zone.
      No estimate on a fix for either.

Solution:
      To avoid the problem in PvM, sneak, unsneak, then sneak again. No solution in PvP.
    • How do I know what nanos we can and cannot use in false profession?

Use AODB.info's nano listing
    • How is Aimed Shot damage calculated?

Aimed Shot is based on a normal maximum hit multiplied by a multiplier. The multipliers are decided by your AS skill, the higher your skill is, the higher multipliers you gain access to. Higher AS skill also increases the chance of hitting a higher multiplier instead of a lower. Aimed Shot ignores AC, and can crit. When an Aimed Shot crits, it multiplies your crit damage instead of normal maximum hit.

Let's say your weapon hits from 200 minimum damage to 1800 maximum damage, with 3000 critical hits. (Note: This is not the stat in your weapon description, this is the actual damage the weapon hits for). At 95 AS skill you can crit an AS, and for each 95 skill points after that, a new multiplier is available. Note that the number 95 is not 100% confirmed. Lets say you have 665 AS skill, which means you should have a max multiplier of 7. If you hit a 1x multiplier on a non-crit AS, you will hit for 1800 damage. Now, let's say you hit a 7x multiplier on a crit AS, your damage will be 7*3000 = 21000. AS is however capped at 13000 damage, meaning you will never hit for more than 13000.

For PvP: Absorption shields and reflection shields are calculated at the end, so if your target has 500 absorption you will only hit for 12500.

(Thanks to SirAronar for providing numbers)
    • What decides my Aimed Shot recharge time?

Aimed Shot recharge is first and foremost based on the Recharge stat on your weapon. However, you can reduce this time drastically by increasing Aimed Shot skill.

Weapon recharge time = r
      Aimed Shot skill = as

(r*40)-(as*3)/100

Example:
      Your weapon has a recharge time of 2,3 seconds. Your Aimed Shot skill is 1500.

(2,3*40)-(1500*3)/100 = 44 seconds
    • Does QL of my Repressor matter?

Yes, the higher QL, the higher the detaunt effect. Meaning that a higher QL Repressor will have a higher chance of getting aggro off you.
    • Is False Profession ability being removed?

No. FunCom have discontinued FP, meaning they won't add to, or extend this agent specific ability, but there are no current plans to completely remove it. The current plan is to leave it as it is.

Reply here if you have other questions with answers you would like to share, and I will add them.
    Last edited by Morphex; Jul 25th, 2004 at 23:49:59.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

AS multipliers

I've got almost 200 AS skill on my agent, but he still only hits for the 1x multiplier every time. Is the number you need different between weapons?
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

No, the number does not differ from weapon to weapon, but the number 95 is not 100% confirmed to be correct. At 200 AS skill you should be able to crit an AS and get a 2x multiplier, but as you have "almost" 200 AS skill, you might be just on the border of getting that 2x. Try to get a higher level agent to cast "Take The Shot" on you and see if you deal more damage.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

The 95 fits the profile very well on AS scores from 300-700 (where the focus of my test was using my Agent and MA). It also fit in Sneak Attack from 200-600 (which I believe use the same multiplier method especially after testing) for melee users.
    One thing to note is the curve is heavily weighted to the bottom, and slowing moves up as your AS skill increases. Typically, your best muliplier only shows up about 3 to 5% of the time, so at 200, you could just be unlucky.

Oh, I see. I thought you got the 2x modifier at 95. Thanks for correcting that.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

What determines the crit modifiers? Attack Rating vs Dodge Range? Or is it AS vs Dodge Range?

Originally posted by Krebul
    What determines the crit modifiers? Attack Rating vs Dodge Range? Or is it AS vs Dodge Range?
    Your crit chance is your base crit % (3 i think) plus any crit buffs. Its then thrown into an equation that determines the damage you rolled or if it crits. If you are talking normal shots, then your crit % is factored into your rifle skill + any ams buffs you may have in relation to the targets dodge range, and that will determine if you crit. The exact formula is unknown but you can make pretty decent guesses at it.

I hope thats what you were asking
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

So if I understand correctly, the only AS damage factors are:

* AS Skill which increase total POTENTIAL damage

* Crit modifier which helps reach maximum potential.

* Attack rating is not involved at all

Is crit chance halved in PvP just like regular shots?

Originally posted by Krebul
    So if I understand correctly, the only AS damage factors are:

* AS Skill which increase total POTENTIAL damage

* Crit modifier which helps reach maximum potential.

* Attack rating is not involved at all

Is crit chance halved in PvP just like regular shots?
    AS Skill is vital as it determines the max multiplier, as well as weights the average.

Crit mods are useful, but can be replaced by weapons with high max damage which don't need to crit to do heavy damage.

AR is important in modifying the max damage and crit damage. In a 1-200(0) hypothetical weapon, 400 AR results in 400 weapon damage vs. 1000 AR's 700. Less dramatic after 1k AR, though, but still affects the average AS, expecially on a poor multiplier roll.

Crit chance should be halved on all AS (and Sneak Attack for that matter) weapons per standard PvP rules. There have been no structured tests to verify AS/SA crit rates in PvP to my knowledge, though.

lol.. he said AS/S... but getting serious for a minute

Yes that's how it is.. a weapon with higher max damage is more useful then a weapon with higher crit damage when it comes to AS. The only problem there is our only real nice max damage weapons are X-3, Caterwaul, and the Pinpoint/Revolution rifles..

They really do need to add a decent agent only rifle with 400-900(600) damage so that agent's can get decent damage compared to other professions.

Re: Frequently Asked Question (READ THIS FIRST!)

Originally posted by Morphex

Absorption shields and reflection shields are calculated at the end, so if your target has 500 absorption you will only hit for 12500.

(Thanks to SirAronar for providing numbers)

erm, this isnt true for pvm

i've often capped my AS damage on mobs even with absorbs and reflects, but it is true for pvp

ps, not a flame just clearing this up

Re: Re: Frequently Asked Question (READ THIS FIRST!)

Originally posted by Impeh

erm, this isnt true for pvm

i've often capped my AS damage on mobs even with absorbs and reflects, but it is true for pvp

ps, not a flame just clearing this up
    Thanks, I'll look at it later today
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

I've noticed this in PvM as well. Something like...

Mob absorbed 324 points of projectile damage.
    You hit mob for 13000 points of projectile damage.
    [ Traboom | Adviana | Docleeta | Boomfx ]
    ---------------------------------------
    Account playable until August 18, 2004

You can reactivate your account at any time using the account
    interface at https://register.funcom.com/

conceal??

How hi does conceal need to be?? for example hunting legos in totw, I am sneaking around the corner and the lego at the other end sees me immediatly. At the time my conceal was in the low 500s, there was an agent there I asked about it and he said I wouldnt have a problem after I hit 600. Can someone explain this to me I am confused.

lol, I thought AS had been nerfed lately.
    It has happend 3-4 times that I got AS damage a little over 15k on ely hecks
    But I havent seen that for a couple of months now so I thought they nerfed it or there where something that I did wrong. Must have been bugged patch or something then.......

Quote Originally Posted by Morphex
    This is the place we will try to keep updated with answers to those frequently asked questions. Please read this before asking.

Sneaking is currently bugged in PvP and PvM.

In PvP you will sometimes be visible no matter what.
    In PvM you will always be unsuccessful on your first sneak attempt after a zone.
    No estimate on a fix for either.

Solution:
    To avoid the problem in PvM, sneak, unsneak, then sneak again. No solution in PvP.
    Its actually the same bug - Spamming sneak until you get the lock on Concealment (i.e Concealment Skill available in 10 seconds) will work. Well after you wait 10 seconds that is. PvM and PvP provided your conceal is high enough, someones perception is low enough, of course.

Concealment indoors is broken in the sense that your character is still visible - For all intents and purposes however you are 'concealed' - IE you cant be targetted (providing you passed the concealment/perception check). Though it takes some of it out of it when they see you sneaking there and can prepare themselves for whatever you plan to do.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

What is better 200 ELLTS or 270 VE ? If weapon damage is 1-121(584) ?
    Gimpy Fixa - [Cypok] [Equip] [Perks]

Guess that all depends on the speed of your weapon. And the deepness of your pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypok
    For PVP ql200 ELLTS should be better since they have only 30ish less AS then ql27x scopes.. and considering your weapon is highly crit dependant (presuming that huge init debuffs on ELLTS are not important here).
    Last edited by Linell; Jan 31st, 2005 at 12:31:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypok
    And if its for PvP and weapon with AS ?
    Gimpy Fixa - [Cypok] [Equip] [Perks]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast