Thread: Non-twink "free" agent armor: ofab vs Gloomfall

Non-twink "free" agent armor: ofab vs Gloomfall

I was just wondering what your opinions are regarding the upgraded set of ofab QL 150 vs Gloomfall in terms of pvp/pvm

Gloomfall set
    Ofab set

Ofab adds evades, more health, some nano skills and crit chance
    While gloomfall has the added 50 something damage modifier.

Since these are pretty good armor choices for poor people (like me) to level in, I'd like to have an opinion of what you guys think. And what about further along? Some suggest proactive/reactive, so I might look into that as a non-AI armor alternative.
    You know you've been playing too much AO when:
    - You wish you had GSF while walking to school
    - You see a guy in a suit and wonder if has a ...bureaucratic bodyguard somewhere >.>

Some of the gloomfall pieces are have a really bad droprate. I remember spending 8 hours in IS and my mates agent was still missing head / boots, maybe just my luck though If you have the time and the friends, get as much Gloomfall as you can farm in a sitting and then work on some Ofab as replacement pieces in certain sections, ie. Sleeves / Chest. If this toon is @ lvl150, then you can get higher ql ofab than ql150 as well as having the option of Swamp Hag armours (Reactive / Proactive) which can be quite nice

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

tho you have to admit, 8 hours IS is not as bad as prolly days of BS ^^
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

When IS first came out I just tagged along with agent-less teams and asked to loot ^^ got full set except gloves when I was 125 or something.

Ofab pants don't give health so I'm probably gonna stick with the gloomfall or something else. I'm just wondering if the added total of 50 something damage would help significantly in PVP?
    You know you've been playing too much AO when:
    - You wish you had GSF while walking to school
    - You see a guy in a suit and wonder if has a ...bureaucratic bodyguard somewhere >.>

Quote Originally Posted by bianpaul View Post
    I'm just wondering if the added total of 50 something damage would help significantly in PVP?
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphecy View Post
    tho you have to admit, 8 hours IS is not as bad as prolly days of BS ^^
    I'd much rather do a couple days of BS than a few hours in IS. PvP > PvM, always.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?