Thread: Midia - Naming names (Rimor)

Midia - Naming names (Rimor)

Well, we've been whispering the su****ion for over two weeks now. So let's just cut the cryptic moniker and name her for who she is. Besides, I'm sure all of you who've met her, would not exactly ink the moniker "Lady" when refering to her.

For those of you that don't know who she is, Midia is a former ICC representative who jockied her way into power through the more pedestrian means of blackmail and deception. Driven by a need for power and narcissistic greed, she originally came to Rubi-Ka in an effort to control the planet by her own whim. Her atlas-sized ego has taken on the unstable need of a power-mad control freak. She doesn't give one iota of a damn about the people on Rubi-ka, except how best to control, puppet and annihilate them.

Now we're faced with her again and her new allies, the Dust Brigade. This time she's wielding a new weapon. One less tangible than her previous hordes of cyborgs, medusae, and manic assassins. This one is a nano-virus and although smaller and less visible, potentially far more deadly.

What I'm issuing is a call to all who would be willing to lend their expertise in isolating and neutralizing this new threat. It has already been unleashed upon the populace on Rubi-Ka and affects all strata of citizens. Rich, poor, farmers, scentisits, Omni, Clan. This new virus is not discriminatory.

So, those of you that would be willing to help develop treatments, preventatives and ultimately; a cure, please step forward. Because if Midia gets her way, chances are, you and anyone you care about, won't be around much longer.

-Juri

She sounds like my kind of people! I must get the number of her publicist!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

*Message handler is scrambeled, but you can make out Omni-... Sisters .. .mercy, Ym..sai*

Investigative report, biothreat hazard, borealis sample #00001, conductive test person, Belle.

Sample origin and location: "Belle", clan, borealis

*Information scrambeled, seems like it was sent from a very isodemetric location.*

Highly Haz...ous, bio...re signal isotype shows ...ative res..ts, contamination danger code status RED.

Usual signs of virus infection: wommiting, di..yness, cold.
    Com....son diseases: Flu.

Death ratio: High/extreme. 8/10 infected dies, with treatment.

Sample #00002

Medicine stim packs
    Source: ICC scientists, borealis

Shows so.. effect, but have ..lfuntio.s as DNA sequenc.. *scrambeled text makes the remaining text unreadable*

Ymlisai, Omni-Tek .....rs of Mer.y, cryogenlab #4, Rome Gre...

Interim testing of preventaive measures have indicated that the nano-virus needs to have viable host cells in order to propagate. In the absence of living tissue, the virus appears to lay dormant. What this means in effect is that we have a very rough but simple solution for now in arresting the bio-effects of the virus strain: The Grid.

Once digitized, the host will still carry the nano-virus, but in the absence of having a viable source of living host cells to infect, the virus remains dormant until the host exits the grid and is re-constructed.

For the time being I would urge all of those infected to spend as much time in gridspace as is tolerable in order to help arrest the nano-virus' effects until such time as a more concrete treatment is established.

-Juri

This info was posted by Ymlisai recently:

Medical Research Protocol, 29477-10-23 12:30
    Protocol author: Ymlisai
    Detachment: Omni-Tek Medical Academy, subdivision Sisters of Mercy.

Case: #42300-1A
    Codename: <name unknown>

This is an investigative research, conducted in the event of confirmed contamination in following locations:
    - Borealis
    - Newland

Unconfirmed locations:
    - Old Athen

Confirmed signs of contaminated hosts:
    - Heat / Cold sensitive
    - Coughing
    - Dissyness
    - Womiting
    - Fainting
    - Fever

Contamination danger: High, code RED

Treatment info:
    There appears to be no cure for this virus as of this writing.
    However, several isotopes, medications and nano-bot programs seems to have a certain effect on the virus, in terms of slowing it down from the normal 15-30 minute contamination time. Successful tests have shown an reduced activity of nearly 34.54%, which results in a prolonged contamniation time of 19-40 minutes.

It appears that this virus is dependant on a host to survive, as the decay rate of the virus's DNA, without a host to multiply in, is decaying with a rate of 43% each hour, 62% each hour if exposured to notumcarbondioksyd.
    This gives an impression that this virus was not designed on Rubi-Ka itself, as the notum seems to be working as a natural toxin against this virus.

However, it does not seem to help once the virus finds a host.
    Once a host is found, it multiplies with a rate of (2xsin 5x).
    This gives a time of 15 to 30 minutes, depending on breed.

Other tests, conducted by other instances, shows that the virus is put in a dormant state, if the host is rendered through a DNA sequence, as by most known as entering the grid.
    Once the host is digitalized, it seems that the virus can no longer function, as it is transformed into bits and bytes, as well as it's host.

Therefore, should you happen to be infected by this virus, or you fear that you have been, please locate the closest grid terminal and enter the grid. Once there, try to contact authorised medicine personell as soon as possible.

Log end
    Ymlisai of the Omni-Tek Medical Academy's Sisters of Mercy project.

At this time we still have need of any that would be willing to assist in developing soild treatments and an eventual cure for this outbreak. Medical expertise is not necessary as we will need those experienced in nanobot programming, notum manipulation, biological enhancement, reclaim evaluation, materials aquisitions, materials distribution and personnel management. Please come forward to lend what assitance you can. Thank you.

-Juri

Originally posted by Jake Russi
    At this time we still have need of any that would be willing to assist in developing soild treatments and an eventual cure for this outbreak. Medical expertise is not necessary as we will need those experienced in nanobot programming, notum manipulation, biological enhancement, reclaim evaluation, materials aquisitions, materials distribution and personnel management. Please come forward to lend what assitance you can. Thank you.

-Juri [/B]
    Shattered Dreams and myself offer any assistance we can make to anyone inflicted with this virus. If anyone has information, research, or wishes to voulenteer their help feel free to contact me or go by Borealis. Any help, even if it doesn't seem much can make a difference.

Safe travels
    -Falikos
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Hmmmm Interesting, I didn't think about her, mainly because I don't know her :-) But anyway, I had others in mind but I'm still warry about posting or saying anything because if I'm wrong I could cause throuble for inocent people, and if I'm right I could cause trouble for myself, and I'm not very high Lvl right now, so I probly couldn't handle the trouble if it came my way. Once again keep incontact with me here or /tell me if there's anyway I can help (I may only be Lvl 50 right now, but I'm a rich Lvl 50 :-) )

Later on Rubi-Ka
    Raven Darsh,
    General, Seraphim Cleric