Guild leader event channel:

First of all, Kudos to the Faction leaders that came up with this idea in the first place, I think it rocks and thats why i'm shoutin it from the rooftops

This was suggested in OT Faction Leader chat tonight, and has been suggested by a few guild leaders on occasion in the same channel.

This channel should be Dimension wide and should be accessible to all faction leaders (OT, Clan and Neutral) This would be an invaluable tool for player organised events, adding the ability to co-ordinate with the oposition on player storyline tactics.

As a GM of many games such as Runequest, Trinity, Abberant, Earthdawn etc, I really like the sound of this. There are so many budding storywriters out there frustrated because they have to send tells to 50 different people at once to get a player event organised.

For example, faction A sends troops to patrol around 2HO after hearing that some of faction B's troops are causing havoc and slaughtering everything in sight.

Faction A gets to the area and are prompty ambushed by a well set up attack from faction B. In the fight, a squad leader is taken hostage (all done through co-operation) and is held for ransom. Faction A must find the squad leader and rescue him/her with only the aid of clues from a event co-ordinator.

Although not many leaders would sacrifice thier troops for a fun storyline to an ambush of enemy troops and a kidnapping, it would give us the ability to do this, to set up realtime stories, and could bring out a new level of guild participation to the events.

A trial of this would be cool, and more than likely appreciated by many guild leaders.

Add comments folks, I want to know who else wants this badly

Dairahn.