Thread: Multi ranged

Multi ranged

This is a crosspost from the fixerboard. I thought I might have a better chance to get an official reply here so that's why.
    -------------------

As you all know there are some new SMGs in the database, some of these are dual wieldable.

MTI Russian good day
    Summer fling SMP (hybrid)
    Summer shells (hybrid)

All of these have what I think is a very high Multi Ranged requirement.

We also have some old ones:
    The Severus' fusion sprayer and void spinner, does not work well as single guns at the level when you can use them (lvl 71), and by the time a fixer is able to push multi ranged up to 600, s/he has high enough SMG skill to equip a QL 200 Mausser, given the right circumstances.
    The Duke Lugger SMP, a B'n'B-gun, does not work well as single gun at higher levels afaik (I've only tested the lowest QL). The multi ranged for a QL 200 is 1477. Right up there with the other SMGs.

Using 2 guns does NOT double your RoF. Depending on what gun (atk+recharge) you use it gives you an performance boost of 30-60%, if the formula (R atk+ L atk + both recharge) calculated by the players is correct. As usual there is absolutly no official information from Funcom to be found anywhere. That performace boost will only be there if you use a weapon with the same QL in your left hand as in your right hand. If you are using a lower QL weapon in your left hand the boost (damage that is, speed will be the same) will be less.
    There is also the problem with FC not telling us how Ranged initiative (or any initiative) works. Check out Crin's thread here and Hextorr's thread here.

That's the background, these are my questions:

1. Funcom (Cosmik, Cz, any dev that by accident could have stumbled on this post), why is the Multi ranged skill requirement set so high that we are forced to use a lower QL weapon in our left hand, when the damage output clearly isn't worth the IP spent?

2. (This is a question for the players). Is there any medium-high level fixer out there that have extremely good multi ranged implants (we're talking full medsuit and stepping here, not QL 125 at level 100), that also has the ability to max out multi ranged? I'm not asking you to hit Accept. Just to see how high it can go with maxed skill and very good implants. Your INT makes a difference too, so don't forget to include that one.
    Or, if anyone knows a foolproof way to calculate max skill at any given level. Strand's doesn't work for this, or atleast my version doesn't.

The things that got me thinking was when people said that a fixer never will be able to equip a QL 200 MCS without help from a trader. The SMG skill requirement for that gun is 1061, according to AG, yet again an unofficial source of information.
    (The SMG it takes to equip a Hand Made Duke Lugger SMP would be 1083, a weapon that lasts for 2 hrs and you cant even equip it by yourself.)

If a fixer should change from dual-wielding gamma ejectors to Russian Good Days s/he would have to use 2 QL 150ish RGDs for it to be worth it (again, player experience and other unofficial sources). That's right, 2 of the same QL, not one QL 150 and one QL 100. And even then, I'm not sure it would be worth it. It would depend on things like crit-chance and initiative.

It seems to me that the only reason there is for a fixer to dual-wield is for style, not counting the 30-40 levels you can dual gamma ejectors.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Re: Multi ranged

Originally posted by Gene13

1. Funcom (Cosmik, Cz, any dev that by accident could have stumbled on this post), why is the Multi ranged skill requirement set so high that we are forced to use a lower QL weapon in our left hand, when the damage output clearly isn't worth the IP spent?
    The same question applies for all pistols as well, I would like an answer on that too...

Got some 'real' numbers from guns found after the patch:

Russian Good Day QL 128: Multi Ranged 812 (JimmySav).
    Russian Good Day QL 174: Multi Ranged 1205 (Teknolord).

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

QL 200 Russian is 1431 (A fixer CANNOT get the skill this high, even with 200 implants and buffs)

I maxed my skills at 108

Prof: Fixer
    Breed: Opifex
    Level: 108
    AGI: 339 (Maxed, no implants)
    INT: 288 (No implants)
    Multi Ranged: 445 (Maxed, no implants)

127-128 implants give 137+ in MR.

This is what you got to look forward to if you're a low level fixer and RGD and Summer fling is what you want to use.
    And have a look at
    what JimmySav's got to say about the Summer Fling.

Oh well. It's better than having no guns. Ungrateful sonofa*****es aren't we.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

/g13?
    /G13? wtf is that?
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Originally posted by Ouzzelle
    /g13?
    /G13? wtf is that?
    Slow day on the board Quzzelle?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

Answer

Got the answer:
    I am sorry but we are not allowed to give out that information. I know
    that is not what you wanted to hear and I understand that it is very
    frustrating but part of MMOs has to do with discovery of how everything
    works. Every one of your questions must be answered by players who do
    research and then either post it on fan sites or spread the word in
    game.

--
    Best Regards,

Geoffrey Higgins
    Funcom Support
    /G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

Re: Multi ranged

Originally posted by Gene13
    Using 2 guns does NOT double your RoF. Depending on what gun (atk+recharge) you use it gives you an performance boost of 30-60%, if the formula (R atk+ L atk + both recharge) calculated by the players is correct.

It's not correct. When you multi-weild any weapon, you never lose a damage round from either weapon. Both weapons have independant attack bars.

What happens is if you dual weild the exact same weapon, the main hand will shoot, and immediatly the offhand will shoot. And from there the attack bars will be offset slightly and when its either rhand or lhands turn to fire, it will. You never actually *lose* anything. Meaning if you dual weild 2 exact same qlvl weapons, you damage will be (with no AC) 2x. Sort of. Since specials only count on the main hand, you main hand weapon will always do more damge. But without specials, they will never actually skill a damage roll.

Lucid Flow,
    I don't get the "you never lose anything" part of your post. Care to elaborate?
    Are you saying that one gun fires when the other is recharging? So the formula should be: (R atk first shot, and then) L atk, R recharge + R atk, L recharge to fire two shots? That would give you (with a 1:3 gun and 0 init) 2 shots every 6 secs instead of 1 shot every 4 secs. This is the way some designer explained it around release.
    Or, do you mean that each gun will fire independetly, both Right and Left gun will fire and recharge like it was the only gun? Which would give 2 shots every 4 secs.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N