Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invitation to clan and neutral parties interested. [IC]

Razishlyat, your final words are also true in regards to the Clans.

The ICC has kept independant records of many events that have occured over the years on all corporate interests, including Rubi-Ka. The Clans have betrayed the trust of Omni-Tek far more than the opposite. This is not mentioned with the intent of inciting an aggressive response, but merely a statement of fact. There is a long history on this world which we share now, and I do not care to delve into the circumstances of every event that has become worthy of being recorded into the collective history of Rubi-Ka. Both sides have always felt justified and true in their respective actions - it is, perhaps, enough to leave the past in the past. Learn from our mistakes and move forward in the hope of making a better world for all parties involved.

For those who support the Clans, and long felt that the military might of Omni-Tek can be overcome with a conflict of arms, I ask that you reconsider such a stance.

It is publicly available knowledge that Omni-Tek Corp., whom invented the technology of Cellular Scanners, later invented and stockpiled the necessary technologies to prevent Cellular Scanners from functioning on an intended target. This was done to prevent tragedy in form of criminals who could commit heinous acts which called for such extreme, and regretable, measures when rehabilitation was not a possible option. These weapons have never been fielded against the Clans, regardless of the scale of the battles engaged at the time. There should be no doubt that Omni-Tek Corp would be unrivalled in it's ability to manufacture and issue such horrible weapons, if this were ever the intention of the "evil" corporation.

It is rumoured that the Clans have also been able to develop similar technologies, a fear amongst some Omni-Tek employees to date. While the number of such produced could certainly not be very high, it is commendable that if they do exsist in the Clan Territories then they have also never been fielded against Omni-Tek personnel.

There are certainly other corporate interests which the same could not be said. In fact, some corporations would have determined it to be more fiscally viable to bombard the planet from orbit and deploy new mining operations entirely in the remains on the surface afterwards, rather than exhaust resources over the decades in an effort to maintain production during a civil rebellion.

There is a point to these statements: Both sides of this struggle have, at least on some level, an inherent respect for life. I geniunely believe that the majority of peoples, both in the employ of Omni-Tek and the free Clans, would like to see a peaceful end to these conflicts. I would call for the Clans to view the current politics with a certain degree of empathy towards your "enemy", as Omni-Tek is doing the same. It is in Omni-Tek's best interests to end this rebellion as quickly and peacefully as possible. Not surprisingly, the same can also be said for the Clans.

The hour for peace is growing late, and their are rogue factions on both sides working against our best interests. We've shown the galaxy what we are able to accomplish in times of need when working together. Surely, there must be a reasonable solution to which all parties can walk away from with satisfaction. I leave the finding of this to the capable hands of our Bureaucrats.. restore the confidence of all peoples on Rubi-Ka!

On these matters, I can only speak for myself, a single Omni-Tek employee of no great significance... signing off to begin my next shift.

No, I understand exactly what you mean. The Clans have some extremist madmen, just as Omni does... it is the position of the Clans to safeguard Rubi-Ka from ALL threats - as we did when we joined with Omni-Tek in fighting Sol Banking Corporation.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Next Meeting Time

Greetings citizens of Rubi-Ka,

It is with great honor that I reinvite all clanners and neutrals present at the previous meeting that have shown an interest in furthering peace between Omni-Tek and the Clans to meet once again. This time the Omni organizations that share views similar to mine will be present. I hope we can start working out our differences in earnest.

The meeting place will be:

April 17 at 22:00 GMT

Happy Rebel in Tir (North of where you grid in.)

Because of the larger number of people present, a minimal security force will be present provided by my organization not for my safety but the safety of the other Omni representatives.

[Edit/Added]
    If you will be attending can you please reply with your name and the organization(if applicable.) that you are representing.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Apr 14th, 2002 at 01:55:00.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Does anyone actually realise that Omni Tek is the creation of Dr. Roman Dragovich Zubov, AKA Dr. Roland Drake the head of Farmatek, AKA the head of the Omega who enslaved the Homo Solitus almost 12000 years ago?

Do you think that a hypercorporation headed by someone like that is not an "evil" corporation.

True perhaps, none evil in the sense that most of the OT employees have not a clue as to who the founding members of the corporation are, and of course, no idea to the fact that the Omega who failed to dominate the Solitus by force has decided to make everyone else in the universe slaves indirectly.

I will try to join your meeting in Tir at the appointed time, my name is Brenden "Gouku" Zanter and I'm a neutral, my fight is neither with Omni nor Clan, its against whoever is behind the Omega. My guild is called "Operation: DemonSeed".

Define Evil..

*chuckles softly* Actuary, could you define 'evil' for me please? The world is full of necessary evils. Is death 'evil' ? Death is something that we all fight against but with the knowledge that we will one day lose that fight. Yet without death we could not exist. If nothing died how for instance could we eat?? We would starve...a horrible existence when you consider we could not die of starvation.

Omni Tek is in itself not evil, it is the same as any large collection of individuals led by the few. If those few are misguided, intrested only in themselves or simply fools....their orders to those they lead can be 'evil' to outsiders. But to themselves, those who stand against them are the 'evil' ones.

I see this term 'evil' used too often....it would be better to use terms such as mis-guided, wrong or foolish.

But I digress......I will try to attend this meeting, I cannot promise as events beyond my control may intervene.

I can only represent myself, my views and Blade Corp views may differ. I will not place my Corp or friends in the position where they must defend views they may not share.

Max 'Alteredstate' Marsalis
    Lvl 59 Crat
    Blade Corp Neutral
    RK1

*LOL*

((OOC This is how NOT to role play, brother bear))

Post ?

Is that comment directed at me?? If so all I can say is....never let me near a keyboard when I'm drunk .....frankly I'm quite amazed at my lack of spelling mistakes and that I didn't repeat letters for no reasonnn

I only knew of this post because of the auto e-mail

(OOC) Nah, you are fine. It was directed at Actuary, who is making these references to the book, of which no person on Rubi-Ka except for one person himself would know about AT ALL. There are some connections, but nothing that strong. As far as the players are concerned, the Omega are no more, and certainly not on Rubi-Ka.

Talking :)

In that case I can get back to my drinking lol

But joking aside, I will try to get to this meeting....I might even stay sober for it.

Vrach: "There are some connections, but nothing that strong. As far as the players are concerned, the Omega are no more, and certainly not on Rubi-Ka."

(OOC) I was under the impression that to role play is to follow the story line and act out your part in it. That was the story line Gaute Godager, Ragnar Tornquist etc. wrote. Since they are also the ones to write the story that continues to unfold in Rubi-Ka, why would knowing it not be role playing?

You are quite right though, the majority of people who play AO dont know the book. Some have no idea who the Omega are. As far as anyone is concerned, they know only about Omni and Clan, nothing beyond. I was only trying to share with other players a story, that I've read.

If Vrach is not interested then so be it. As for the connections between the book, yes I believe there are.

In the epilogue the Omega Roman is on Rubi-Ka in the year 29,475, he continues to follow orders to carry out Project ARK.

Ah, yeah I agree One-eye, I should be more careful with my wording, my intentions was not to call anyone evil, just referring to the post by Ramiel where he said "evil" corporation, yeah misguided would have been better.

(OOC)

Well, I was trying to leave out the spoiler of the end of the book, but whatever.

The fact is that, in role playing, you often know a lot of things from sources outside the game that your character could NEVER POSSIBLY know about. One of those in AO is knowing that Roman is chilling on Rubi-Ka, or that the Omega survived at all. For all we are concerned, the biggest threats are Omni/Clans/Sol/Dust/TBA/UF/zoning.

Yea, it is hard seriously trying to argue about some stupid fight in some backwater region knowing that at ANY MINUTE the Omega and David Merlin are going to throw down majorly in our backyards... the general education I see that the population of RK SHOULD have is knowing about the Omega and Solitus revolution, who David is, the structure of earth, ICC, etc - and, of course, the history of RK itself. Not much should be known about the Omega in general.

Unfortunately, most AO players haven't even read the timeline, and have no clue exactly why the Clans were formed, their political history WITH Omni-Tek, Sol Banking Corporation, the nature of the RK Civil Wars, the Corporate War, etc etc... thus, we end up with dumbasses wandering around screaming for Omni to be slaughtered and pushed off RK, which is FUNNY if you know exactly how big Omni's foot is.

/OOC+

I used the word evil in refrence to Omni-Tek, which is entirely subjective to personal opinion(re: IC), hence why it was also in quotes, since my character in no way, shape or form believes OT to be an evil or malicious corporation. Merely quoting Clan rhetoric. Hey, I've led a sheltered life, receive high pay and an excellent health plan as an employee of Omni-Tek. Zaphael has a conscience, but hasn't witnessed anything which would make him question the moral integrity of OT.

Regarding this novel, where could one find information pertaining to this storyline within the storyline? Have to purchase the novel, or is there some online source files that might add some depth to information available regarding the Clans, OT, ICC, et cetera, etc.?

Cheers!

/OOC-

(ooc)

You can find an online source here:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/story/past/novel/

Its free, but only has up to eight chapters perhaps they will add more in the future.

Vrach: Unfortunately, most AO players haven't even read the timeline, and have no clue exactly why the Clans were formed, their political history WITH Omni-Tek, Sol Banking Corporation, the nature of the RK Civil Wars, the Corporate War, etc etc... thus, we end up with dumbasses wandering around screaming for Omni to be slaughtered and pushed off RK, which is FUNNY if you know exactly how big Omni's foot is.

Yes, Vrach, I agree with you, which is the reason why I feel that other players should be made aware that there is a story behind it all. Most importantly, that this story is not just Omni versus the Clans, but something further reaching.

Perhaps then, more players would be inclined to role play, enjoy the game from a different perspective rather than simply slaughter the Omni or Clan whichever may apply.

One would hope.

Also, anyone interested in the storyline NEEDS to read the timeline. EVERYONE should have read the timeline.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ika/index.html

just an FYI

OOC
    I am playing the leader of theDust brigade to the T.. she is going off the knowledge that she knows and yes to her everything is a story since all she cares about is getting her "story" in the news.. SHe knows that omni created her.. and for that she's extremely glad, but omni created the origional Obifex... she is a spawn of her parents and her parents had some reason to hate omni.. which is why since she also happens to be a power hungry b*****... it kinda made sense for her to join the DB split it and gain control.. now she will get vengance for her parents and the other obifex that she feels have been wronged.
    I as the player know the storyline i have read the timelines... I also know that he game is also about politics i'm not just a moronic kid with a computer trying to be one of those annoying characters that we all just want to shoot and be done with.. i actually have reasons behind everything bayala does.. no one has ever asked me.

IC
    To each their own when it comes to opinions, but i myself dislike and distrust all omni... and i have met some omni that i do happen to like, but they are now clan after talking to me...
    I don't think that peace will ever be attained simply because there are quite a few others who feel the same way about omni that i do.
    I feel that with this attempt for peace that only more of my fellow clanners will be killed int he process of trying to find "peace." I do not wish for that to happen but if they wish peace with omni.. they must be wanting to be omni, and in my eyes.. that is treason...

Bayala
    President
    Dust Brigade
    Ka 2

OOC
    oh yeah and in case you didn't know funcom does not recognise the DB on ka 2 as the DB.. so i'm acting all on my own here and with the actions i have done... not the NPC's.

(OOC.Personally I think that you are doing a fantastic job with the whole Dust Brigade thing.I was in Newland last night an there was someone preaching about the brigade and I was thinking "Holy crap! Hell is a coming!" If I can get a cold chill just from hearing the name,then you have to be doing something good!
    "Did you ever notice how in the Bible, whenever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?"

Talking

OOC
    Thank you.
    a few others have told me similar things and i appreciate it all...
    (especially from someone who hates my char's views...)
    oh yeah and BTW i'm a hippie IRL... which is why this char is soooooooooo fun.... I get to see the other side of teh universe...
    i mean to be raised to love and cherish every living thing and then to play a char that kills almost everything... it's quite a change.
    But again.. hey it's just a game right?
    It's all in fun and i feel that Bayala makes the game on ka2 interesting... as well as the rest of her guild.. they are very cool people ooc and darned fine roleplayers... i should hope that is what draws people to joining my guild.. the opportunity to do a massive amount of RP... I mean you can do RP in other guilds... but my guild forces you to RP.. if you don't then everyone would be calling the DB a bunch of *******.. and we aren't... The DB (PC version) backs all the talk we do... if we can't back it.. we don't say it. That is a rule of my guild... if you can't back it don't say it.. if you do... you better be paying someone to finish it for ya....
    Anyway... i do appreciate your approval and really appreciate you telling me that!!!
    And with deepest respect.. thank you.

Bayala
    President
    Dust Brigade
    KA 2

There is an audio log available of the peace confrence along with an open entry from my personal journal.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=20775
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Bayala and Charles,

I just wanted to thank both you for providing me with a fresh outlook on the whole Anarchy Online game.While I have read the timeline,I have never really saw anyone roleplay until I saw your posts.I find myself rereading all the information that I can find on the history,hoping to breathe more life into the character that I play.While I am not a hippie as you put it Bayala,I can understand the joy you get in playing your character the way that you do.Perhaps one day I will run into you in the game,I jsut hope that I have my armor on and I am close enough to the grid in case you are in a bad mood..lol
    "Did you ever notice how in the Bible, whenever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12