Thread: A polite request (EVENT! Rimor)

A polite request (EVENT! Rimor)

Event:

Newland City Sit-In

Neutrals and citizens of RubiKa while not having an elected governing body all have opinions on the hiring of Loren Warr and entourage; as well as other concerns about the city and future improvements. There has been gross misrepresentation by the Newland City governing body in their attempt to formally represent all neutrals with their decisions in the selection of security, and otherwise in Newland City. As President of Shattered Dreams, I would like to offer my support to Evan “Itel” Blue in his continuing effort to reach the city council and ‘mayor’. Furthermore, I propose that anyone with questions, comments or concerns about anything pertaining to city government to have the opportunity to speak to them; so I suggest an open forum meeting to be held in Newland City.

No weapons should be present, and disruptions kept to a minimum, so person with something to say will be heard and the city council can respond and give a statement of their own effect. By claiming governorship of the city, they not only have a responsibility to ensure that the city thrives financially as the business people they are, but responsibilities like all leaders to the people that chose to live in the walls of Newland.

Please understand this isn’t an effort to voice support or condemnation of the current guards in Newland, but a request of an opportunity for neutrals of every persuasion and others to have an opportunity to speak their minds on the city dynamics in a peaceful setting. Those that have financed the current guards have explained their reasons and this is not a political statement or attack in any effect; simply a request for an audience.

In the event that the council declines to attend, I also propose a peaceful demonstration of civil disobedience. Again no weapons and no disruptions please; simply a more visible show of hands to entice the council to meet with those that wish to see them.

OOC Event Mechanics:

In the event the council accepts an open ‘town forum’ type of atmosphere for anyone with questions/concerns on anything to do with the city to have their say. Hopefully it will be more than just questions on the ‘thugs’ although obviously that would be a ‘hot topic’ of sorts.

In the event that the council declines there would be a (hopefully) disruption free demonstration in Newland city near the midtown gate where the street sign hangs of supporters for the meeting sitting quietly ‘blocking’ the street.

The time and date for this event is currently: Saterday, Oct 11, 19:00 GMT
    Last edited by Falikos; Oct 5th, 2003 at 20:45:55.
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Thanx Falikos and all you out there supporting this sit in . I will be there you know i will .. just had to strecth my legs after a few day´s of sitting my self.

[ OOC : This will take place on RK2, so wil anything and everytiing i do since Im a RK2 player ]
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

[ooc: since I"ll be out of town that weekend I guess I'll just have to:]

/me camps out at the NLC sit-in point with her nifty bonfires and makes hot chocolate with marshmallows to pass out

[ooc: does using brackets along with an "ooc" make a double negative OOC remark and this is now IC? Just curious.]
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

[ Naa OOC within brackets is just as good we use barckets just to mark that a comment is ooc Guess Im to lasy to tyoe OOC: every time ]
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

hello? anyone else gonna be at the sit-in?

hehe, I was just being facetious. :P

and now I'm just bumping for a great RP event.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Yes Jaja, I hope there will be many in attendance. Seems that there are a number of people with things to bring to the attention of the NLC government.

*dashes off to pin up more fliers*

-Falikos

Ah you're quite correct it was somewhat unclear in my attempt at keeping it brief. I was speaking in reference to the rampant assumptions and banter that have gone on since the institution of the guards as to who 'controls' the neutrals. I know as well as you do that we are in control of our own minds and bodies, and it was in error of me to make my statement less than clear.

I personally feel that it is not responcible or respectful on their part to not address the assumptions as to the reasoning behind their choices and their level of influence; and equally shamefull the tenor of most of those assumptions in the first place. They did however leave it to your guild to make the choice to say what was said, and that was quite honorable of you to step up and declair why what was done was done. I feel that they should have the chance to make clear their motivations under a peaceful setting.

Anyway, my opinions on the guards aside, I still belive that an increase in communication no matter the situation is a wise choice; guess I'm just funny that way. Motivations are often just as important as the result and in the interest of fairness (since they are frequently the target of verbal attacks) they should have the opportunity to speak and be spoken to.

((Thanks for the support, should be interesting even if it ends up a brawl (which I doubt) ... but either way a little unpredictablity never hurt anyone, well... thanks to reclaim

Advanced thanks to those that will be attending, it should be a blast no matter the outcome. ))

Near 18:00 GMT many people of all factions (yes all) began to gather in Newland City today. Durring the hour long wait to the appointed time of invitation to the city council (19:00 GMT) people shared thoughts on the guards, how the city is run, songs, even one person did a bit of performance art to pass the time.

I am pleased to say, that despite a few interuptions from Loren Warr and party that the meeting was as peaceful as it was intended. I am, however, disapointed that the City Council failed to attend the sizable gathering; disapointed, but not without hope.

While waiting to see if they would attend I recieved several comm messages offering to assist in raising funds to make a very large donation to the city. Their generosity in promoting this effort has brought additional hope that things will indeed change through nonviolent means.

Again, thank you to everyone that was able to attend, and safe travels.

-Fali

((ooc shtuff: Thanks to everyone that came, and thank you for all behaving as your character's would. It was played well, and I was personally impressed with all of you. Nice work to everyone and I'll post with information soon (a day or two) for the fundraiser event... I've got something in mind that will be most entertaining! Whee!))