With all this talk of over-equipping, (de)bufiing, wrangleing etc. And peoples proposed changes to the way professions use/wear equipment. Basically, it seems that people want the same set of rules for all professions...

Well...this is a real pity...because if it happens, it will degrade the game. It is great having to basically "learn" the game again when you choose a new profession. I see a lot of people thinking that "balancing" the game means making everyone abide by the same rules. That's a shame because it really doesn't have to be that way. All that needs to be balanced is the damage output and AC and maybe NCU. For a lot of players AO is about equiping higher level equip then your level. (NO, I don't mean equip 50+ levels higher than your character...but maybe 5-10 lvls). I think a large part of AO is about customising your character, making them the best they can be. Obviously twinking a lvl 30 character to be able to destroy a lvl 90 character...or take on mobs 10 - 15 levels higher than themselves is taking things too far.

Basically what I am saying...is that a good percentage of the "over"equiping should remain. Also, the differing equiping and calculation rules for Casters and Weapon users should remain. All that needs to change are the calculations that work out the damage dealt and the benefits of AC. Obviously PvM and PvP will need to be balanaced accordingly.

If FunCom mess with the professions...and as some people want...make all professions essentially the same...AO is going to loose a lot of what makes it so good.