Thread: question on new MP

question on new MP

is it gimp that my heal pet is grey and my att pet is red? my next heal pet isnt for like 40 points of mc ts... also.. are bows good? i can barley solo anything redish orange to me with pet fully buffed

First of all, what lvl are you?
    Mickbinda: Redbow(zubok) Play's AO from a padded cell,he is a certified maniac
    Milk & Moochieez for everyone!
    Redbow 215 MP
    Illuminati President

Join my zombie army! Sign!!! *evul grin*

it is bad:)

The MPs have a best toolset to buff higher lvl pets from all the professions.With all the buffs you have(and some not so rare,hard to get items) you should be able to always cast a pet much higher than you.The only exceptions are: just before new title,when u r unable to raise your nanoskills And after about lvl 120 when you should be able to cast all your RK pets and just have to wait for SL ones(pets will still be red for you for a long time anyway,since caco is ql200 or something).
    Also,many new players(including MPs) forget about one basic thing.In AO you should always use items higher that you are.Its kinda easy to equip implants at least 30lvs higher than you are(and that is without using any kind of rare items etc.).Same goes for weps/armor...So if you lack the skills try to upgrade your implants first,then get a Nalebs robe or reanimators cloak,ergo ring,ring of presence etc...
    Another thing i can think of is stepping buffs.Like cast teachings to get into masterys etc...If this doesnt work you can always ask a higher lvl MP to cast mochs on youthats a nice 140+ to your nanoskill which should easily get you a better pet.(i do not really like that way,never done it myself but if you cant think of anything else then...).

The next part...There are many posts about MP weapons(and rooted guides btw) which you should read.Bows are allright,but keep in mind that you will suck with dmg anyway at low/medium levels(if u r new and have no skills/money to get fat weps).I have not used a wep on my MP till lvl 140.I used nukes to add to my pet dmg and some creation weps for mods.About the soloing...With cacodemon at 120 you can solo ely hecks that are 180-190,not bad.But the main thing is you will only be able to solo things that your pet can solo.At lower lvls you just wont have enough defence to take the blows(also depends what breed you are,nanogimps die fast and your pet is not going to keep agro of you.So the soloing method for low/med lvl MPs is to hide behind something and send you attack pet with a healpet on him to kill the mob.
    Last edited by K4lib4n; May 19th, 2005 at 13:58:19.

guess i shoulda said what lvl i was =D im 28 ATM but... im not new got 58mill... what bows should i use pre AI bows?

Don't focus on weapons yet.

If you want to get into a non-SL bow, use a Schuyler or a Bow of Ferocious Appetite.
    In case you have SL then go for a Bow of the Double Nimbus, then later on you can switch to a Sancrosanct (or Inamorata if you're a stinking Omni) Bow. Using a Turn Spirit of the Shifter will give you an even better Sprite Bow.

On a side note, quite unfortunately the stinking omni bows look better.

At your level though, weapons, whichever they are, should be one of the very last things you invest IP into.
    Nukes will do much better damage for a long while for one thing, SL bows, even at low level, are desperatly slow for a second, unless you go full aggro (which you can't indulge yourself to do).
    I too will direct you towards X' guide, rooted at the top of the forum. Before you get a weapon on, atleast try to determine why you'd want a weapon and which one fits you best.
    Last edited by Wizz; May 20th, 2005 at 12:51:48.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

Quote Originally Posted by youwantmochs
    guess i shoulda said what lvl i was =D im 28 ATM but... im not new got 58mill... what bows should i use pre AI bows?
    Then dont worry about healpet being gray. Healpets in lowlvl are aprox 100 skillpts apart, but you will soon find yourself grinding red ones when you hit 30 and get those 75 implants running + hotbuffing those expertise/teachings/masteries as K4lib4n mentioned

Again... Hit x's guide, i recomend it allso.
    Mickbinda: Redbow(zubok) Play's AO from a padded cell,he is a certified maniac
    Milk & Moochieez for everyone!
    Redbow 215 MP
    Illuminati President

Join my zombie army! Sign!!! *evul grin*