Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tier 1 Walkthrough

Tier 1 Walkthrough

To find out what visions and novictums you need talk to your local IPS!

Novictum:
    I found these to drop in two locations, one was outside of Ergo's Cave in Scheol dropping from both spirits and spirit hunters, the other is a camp of soul dredges and wandering souls at the end of the peninsula S of the word "East" in East of Elysium (730x990). You need a total of 6 of these to upgrade all parts you can to Tier 1. The drop rate is slow.

*Confirmed Drops*
    Ergo Cave Location Drops of Novictum:
    Novictum of Mud
    Novictum of Sand
    Caustic Novictum
    Compact Novictum Stone

East of Ely Location Drops of Novictum:
    Novictum of Sand
    Mist of Novictum
    Caustic Novictum
    Carbonized Novictum Stone
    Radiant Novictum Gas
    Pure Novictum Liquid
    Compact Novictum Stone
    Transparent Novictum
    Spongy Novictum
    Porous Novictum Stone
    Crystalized Novictum

Embryo's:
    Drops off mobs in the Redeemed Temple "Roch's Keep" static dungeon in Scheol just NE of the portal into Upper Scheol off of Archaic Guardians and the mobs in the same area. Entrance to Temple is 1715x380 Upper Scheol. You can also farm Visions there, easily doable with a team 2 if one is a healer and both high levels. The drop rate on these is not bad, but not extremely good. You will need a total of 6 to upgrade all parts you can to Tier 1.

Visions:
    Two locations one being in Scheol as stated above and the other is the redeemed dungeon in Central Elysium which is soloable beyond all means now and these can be collected at quick rates. You will need a total of 18 of these to upgrade all parts you can to Tier 1.

Canister of Pure Liquid Notum (QL 50+):
    These are dropping off Esoteric Hiathlins (1427x1245) Near the blue trees in Lower Scheol, also in Upper Scheol from Chimeran Canine (1450x1850) just east of the portal to Lower Scheol. The drop rate is pretty high so they are easy to get. But for every piece of armor you want to upgrade you have to make a return trip since this item is Unique.

To upgrade your armor:

Step 1: Talk to your IPS tell him you have parts for armor, next tell him you have parts for your glyph. Give him your three visions and one embryo. He in return will you give one Glyph. This is unique so don't use anymore until you upgrade your armor.

Step 2: Combine 1 Pure Liquid Notum Container with your glyph. You will need someone with 550 QFT to do this if you do not have that skill. This item is tradeable so it is possible to have someone do it for you.

Step 3: Combine one of your prof specific Novictums with the activated Glyph. You need 600 psychology for this. This item is tradeable so it is possible to have someone do it for you.

Step 4: Combine the glyph to the piece of armor you would like to upgrade to tier 1. The pieces you can upgrade are Chest, Sleeves x2, Gloves, Pants and Boots.

Step 5: Click away until you max the lvl out on this. And please don't be surprised if you cannot lvl it much, it seems if you are not a specific breed for some of the armor that you will have an extremely hard time to lvl it.

Have Fun!

If any other locations are found or if anything needs to be changed then please post here and I will update. Also a confirmed list of where the novictums are dropping would be nice. I only did a run through of both places.

Research Gathered by Tubarolean and SuperSolid (RK2, Adrastus II)
    Last edited by Tubarolean; Oct 15th, 2003 at 15:21:32.

Thumbs up

Very good guide Tuba

Two thing:
    1: Yes, you need 600 in Psychology for Step 3

2: The "East of Elysium" part drops Novictum Sand, I got all my 6 pieces there. It also drops other parts of Novictum, I found several other pieces.

This is THE guide other MA`s need to start this quest.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

You know, you should put this guide out on the Shadowlands Library, its a easy, specific and correct guide on how to get the armor.

Also, following Novictum items drop too in Elysium by the Spirit Hunters:

Spongy Novictum
    Porous Novictum Stone
    Crystalized Novictum

I am over the worst shock when I put the armor on, at least now I can look like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

hey I'm trying to give love to the fellow ma's first :P

Thanks, much appreciated.

Re: Tier 1 Walkthrough

Originally posted by Tubarolean
    Embryo's:
    Drops off mobs in the static dungeon in Scheol just NE of the portal into Upper Scheol...
    Can you be a bit more specific on how to find this dungeon? I can't find it. I assume you mean the portal that you enter into Scheol from Elysium...

Graan
    ---------------------
    Retired: 211 Soldier
    Active: 17 Froob Soldier for when boredom sets in

sure...its the Unredeemed Temple just across the bridge, the Embryos drop from the Archaic Guardians and such. I'll update the guide to show the coords. I'm sure its the same in the redeemed temple in Scheol, just haven't tested it that.
    Last edited by Tubarolean; Sep 28th, 2003 at 21:11:28.

Canisters of Pure Liquid Notum also drop from the Howling Minxes (and similar) in West Elysium. Coords are approx. 660x1350. Mobs are greenish-yellow to me @ 127.

I've already looted two canisters from there.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

very nicely done, this should be sticky.
    Crackasama RK2 Soldier
    Crackasan RK2 MA
    Proud General of Alpha Omega
    Clan for life!!!

Well done, Tub. Thanks for the details that will make this less frustrating for everyone.

/me starts scraping up credits for armor...
    Marquess - Martial Artist (Rimor)
    Countdmoney - Doctor (Rimor)

Member of Project EDEN

*stick!* (haven't used the glue in a while )

Also the pure notum canisters drop frequently off of the dryad mobs in central Ely - you can pick one up easy on the path from Plaza warp -> redeemed temple when doing the Spec2 quest

for those of you who can't and or don't want to go to Sheol, you can get both visions and Embryos off of the mobs in the Nero dungeon in West Elysium. the Embryos drop off the various bosses but not as frequent as in Sheol
    Littel GrlDragon Tarasque

yeah they do drop off the bosses, but if you have a team that can handle them then camp for the next spawn you may as well just save your time and head into scheol since you could get a whole team a set for all the upgrades much much much faster.

When I talk to the local ISP dude, he tells me I can choose between 2 armour types, the basic and "helmet, shoulderpads, life support system etc"

wich guide is this one for?

Might add the specifics for MA's.

Visions of the Unshakeable
    Novictum Sand

450 Comp Lit required to combine the "Glyph of the Six" with the Jobe armor (probably not specific, but i didn't see this mentioned ANYWHERE else *grumbles*).

Hmm... I only got lvl 100 out of my pants... I want 160! What went wrong?

*EDIT* Ahh... rightclick! =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast