Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roots...TO POWERFUL

That you can be rooted and still kill someone.

Wow...great...My pistols have no range..I will just walk over to him and kill him...oh wait...I am rooted....what was I thinking?

As I have stated before..I am not asking for a BOT DE-ROOT...I am just asking for a way that the ENG can escape. Heck...any class. This power has completely destroyed any chances we have to survive if we are attacked. Root = dead engineer

Angry

Get scopes to increase your range, or longer range weapons. Your trade-skills should be no problem to use the range devices.

Seriously, if you don't have range, and just want your bot to fight, don't PvP. Everyone will be trying to kill you of course. The only want to combat this is to equip a good weapon. Look at Ouzzelle or any of the good engys with titles out there. You need to be able to protect yourself in case your bot gets rooted.

And some pistols can be quite good with a crit buff.

PvP

I am not attempting to PvP in the least...but they sure feel free to attack me. I am not looking for a title. I am looking for a way to survive.

I will make this statement now so you will quit telling me how to be a PvP master

I WILL NOT, HAVE NOT, NOR EVER WILL PvP.

I hope this clears up my reasoning.

I just want a chance to LIVE

Best chance to live is to stay out of 25% zones when opposing forces are around don't you think?

Originally posted by LastJourney

I always run full defensive so as to not get agro and let the bot work....it never does anything...ROOT
    The highest Fixer root has a resist rate of 99%. The Trader's and NT's highest roots both are 100%. Fixer snares have resists as low as 70%.

Now my understanding of how nano resist works is your nanoresist is your AC against getting hit with a successful nanoexecution. The resist rate of the nano is the % of your nanoresist used to defend against. The attack skill, however, is whatever nanoskills are defined to use the nanos. So what does all this mean?

Well ignoring what the agg/def bar does to nanoresist for the moment, if an attacker has significantly higher nanoskills than your nanoresist you're highly unlikely to resist any nano they use against you. So if you're getting ganked by players higher in level than you, you're worm food.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Re: Roots and annoyance of them

I get hit...I take 1 step...I am rooted again...I get hit...I take 1 step...I am rooted again...I am dead

It can be you get hit, you get healed (by doc or mp pet), you take 1 step, you get rooted, you hit back, you get healed, you get hit, you take 1 step, you get rooted, you hit back ....

Or me against a group of you, I hit you once, your group each hit me once (total 6 hits), I root, you get healed......

It can be done. Someone has given some suggestion.

Your particular tactic of using the wall, so we can't see you are there, targeting us, and then area rooting

I run around the place to build up my army, I got myself a ninja, a tough bully and a master lasersniper, but then my army couldnt reach you, so I must petition to get you banned !
    You couldnt target me, therefore I mustve exploited ! Or could it be my run speed is so fast that I get out of range as soon as I get you guys grounded with root then I slowly pick my victim one-by-one.

Im a pet class myself, I face more pet problem than you do, becuz I can have up to 3 pets, my charmed pets can be ranged, can be melee, and all have different speed and they get lost or rooted a lot of times. But I dont whine like you. Seriously you do need a little more strategy in this game other than clicking macro /pet attack.

Originally posted by Kuroshio

The highest Fixer root has a resist rate of 99%. The Trader's and NT's highest roots both are 100%. Fixer snares have resists as low as 70%.

Now my understanding of how nano resist works is your nanoresist is your AC against getting hit with a successful nanoexecution. The resist rate of the nano is the % of your nanoresist used to defend against. The attack skill, however, is whatever nanoskills are defined to use the nanos. So what does all this mean?

Well ignoring what the agg/def bar does to nanoresist for the moment, if an attacker has significantly higher nanoskills than your nanoresist you're highly unlikely to resist any nano they use against you. So if you're getting ganked by players higher in level than you, you're worm food.

THere are ways to boost nano resist. Implants, Nano ..... FYI Crat has a speech that adds nano resist. I dont have the nano, so I dont know how efficient it could be.

In another thread (or possibly even this one) a player claimed that lowering their agg/def bar to more defensive had a significant effect on their ability to resist nanoformulas. So this would bear 2 questions:

1. Has anyone attempted to do this to either confirm or refute this claim?
    2. If this is true and you're running full aggressive during PvP whose fault is it that they can't resist a root, Funcom's or the target's?
    I am ALWAYS at max def when I pvp. Im lvl 173 NT, with maxed NR + faded and bright QL 200 NR implants. Yet, I have NEVER resisted a traders debuff.
    NT phone HOME!!

Someone let me know if this is right but just say a root at 100% NR is 50% Psy Mod and 50% Sens. Imp. Total, I would have, say, 620 in that AR. If you had 620 NR you would have a 50% chance of countering the NF.

On the other hand, if you had 310 or lower it would hit you every single time.

That is my understanding, if NR is even working. I know I tried to hit Kinkstaah (without RL or whichever ups the resist) at lvl 110 and he countered all of 50+ of my nukes.

I have not heard about any official statement from FC authority (I mean GM, not the idiot ARKs) that nano resist is broken, nor about nano resist works as intended.

But everytime when I ask, they said they will investigate and ask me to send email to bla bla bla

From my experience, Id say nano resist works as intended on mobs, but not on players, like the example Garzu and I have given, with max nano resist and we have yet to resist a 190% debuff !

False.

Fixer have 2 lines of roots, one with 99% resist, the other with 96% : ).

Also take in consideration how high is the nano skill(s) compare to NR.

Originally posted by Garzu
    I am ALWAYS at max def when I pvp. Im lvl 173 NT, with maxed NR + faded and bright QL 200 NR implants. Yet, I have NEVER resisted a traders debuff.

Traders have 2 stackable line of debuffs. One is 100% NR and the other 190% NR.

This second one is often resist, maybe you don't have even notice it, as you are already debuff by the 100% one.

Originally posted by Garzu

Which line of the trader debuff nanos, ransack or deprive? Has the trader laddered his nanoskills (though at level 173 there shouldn't be any way to ladder his skills any further). Have you stopped and asked any trader that's merrily debuffing you what his PsyMod and T&S skills are?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I have never resisted any of them... The two examles I can specifically remember, and that can be confirmed if Mrink remembers it, was in Battle Royale 2 weeks after each other. Both times he landed both debuffs on me in a matter of 5 secs. I have just been confirmed my actual NR skill with implants is 758, that is including the psy ability bonus and implants. With 190% chance of resist, and the trader probably dont have much more than 700 in the skills the debuff requires, I would say I should resist it about every single time its cast on me. I do NOT have this problem with Nano Shutdown... it has 160% chance of resist, and I seem to resist it fairly often.
    NT phone HOME!!

I just think roots are fine the way they are.

Usually what happens is I root something:
    • cast a big bad nano at it
    • it runs up about halfway
    • starts shooting me
    • I root it again
    • move away
    • it shoots at me till i am out of range from it
    • I nuke it again
    • repeat

By this time, I get attacked by something or someone else, helloooooo reclaim.

[Addendum]
    If you think that root is too powerful, what do you think should even the odds between melee and NF-based classes. Play the devil's advocate for just a moment. If roots were cut down to 75% effectiveness as well as breakable with no chance of recasting because of a long recharge time...what would be the advantage to playing an NT who is PvP'ing versus an Engineer, Metaphysicist, or a Beaurocrat. Or for that matter, an Enforcer or a Martial Artist, who is melee. That would mean, 1 out of every 4 fights would result in dying, in addition to variables like blackholes, fumbles, and resists. Oh, and this would take into account that any meleer could easily outdamage in less time than one that could do more damage in the long haul.
    Last edited by Deaddreamer; Apr 5th, 2002 at 00:04:10.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

for those profs that dont have roots...

WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN ENGIES UNLEASH THEIR PETS ON US ???

NERF ENGIES !!! NOW

hope you see the smile on my face...

its not too serious... bet you know the color of the grass on the other side of the river as well... far better... must have, or must destroy

Simple solution

Group with ranged attack weapon users while in PvP areas. If ya get rooted it won't matter because even if your team members are rooted too they can attack that player within the 40 m range cap. At present snares are only even remotely effective in PvP or when used against a player. Snares on a mob is a joke. Roots against a mob is only moderately effective since most mobs always have ungodly nanoresist and they also have ungodly range at best its an escape tactic since if you hit the mob regardless of how far away it is (or what obstacles are in the way) it will just teleport to you. Do us all a favor and just team up with someone that has ranged attacks...they more than likely won't be chain rooting you if they're being attacked. Your pet uses melee attacks has tons of health, and attacks ungodly fast roots are your weakness...live with it and group up or stay out of PvP areas if ya don't have a group. If your worried about getting deprive/ransack/divest/plundered bring a trader of your own along to counter the effect. Team PvP works a hell of a lot better for balance than the retarded duels and ganking that is called PvP now.

simple solution

Roots against pet handlers are fairly easy to balance a bit.

1: make the roots on the pets break when the master is shot.

2: limit the root to 1 target so only the master OR pet can be rooted. This way the master can flee if the rooter doesnt feel like dealing with the pet and he has to deal with the pet if he wants the pet master to stick around.

3: change recharge on roots and make them break easier

as it is today anyone with roots will win easily over pet handlers because pet's have ZERO nano resist. Basicly a lvl 75 rooter can take out a lvl 140-150 with relative easy if he knows what he's doing
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

Best way to avoid Roots.

Stay out of Mayhem and Political areas.

When you hunt i ACES, then is it a High Gain High Risk area. You pay a price for being able to lvl and gain XP so fast.

The price is occational PvP, and the possibility to get rootet.

Stop whining please.

We all have a chance to get rootet, it hurts some more than others. Also keep in mind it break's ass soon you get dmg.

I hate PvP, i have 2 solutions to PvP.

1) Stay away from areas wheres it possibel.
    2) Fight back when i get attacked.
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast