Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General tips and hints for new bureaucrats.

Stable charms are called so because they always last for the duration of the nano (unless you do something like free/terminate or attack them). Unstable charms allow the mob to constantly roll to see if they break the charm - it won't last any longer than the nano duration, but they could break it at any time before. Why would you ever use unstable? Because you can only use stable if you have 0 charmed mobs (i.e. it's your first charmed mobs), but you can use unstable with 1 mob (stable or unstable) already charmed.

Could someone go over how to free (not terminate) a charm? /pet free isn't a recognized command. I would love to have a way to get around /pet "%t" terminate 's problem of releasing both charms if they have the same name.
    Oren "Vitocorleone" Timmer -- 73 Omni Sol Crat, Atl
    "Larriso" -- 22 Omni Sol Sol, Atl
    "Hashpat" - 12 Adv, Atl
    "Cyraxin" - 19 NM Crat, Atl
    "Cyraxinar" - 8 Op Shade, Atl

"Hasphat" -- 22 Clan Op MA, Rimor
    Stefan "Christophus" Marsalis -- 16 Neut Sol Eng, Rimor

By your definition of (un)stable, all crat charms are stable. So maybe it's better to call them "long" vs "short", because the only difference is their duration.

/pet free "%t" is how I usually free pets. However, iirc it is like /pet terminate in that it frees all pets with the given name. So it's best just to make sure all your charms have different names.

Ok maybe a dumb question but how can you tell which charms are "long" or "short", and which are the "stable" and "unstable one. Is it something in the name or description? Obviously higher QL charms last longer, but I do not think thats what you guys mean by long vs. short.
    Steelyeye, Omni soldier 192 - The original, RK1.
    Goodcoffee, Omni crat 121 - Because crats are cool, RK1.
    Suppo, Omni trader 20 - First time on Rimor *smiles*, RK2.

I know for a fact that some of the lower level (<100) unstable charms have broken in less than a minute - they can definitely break at any time. Maybe some of the high level ones (since almost everyone on here seems to be 200+) don't have that problem.
    Oren "Vitocorleone" Timmer -- 73 Omni Sol Crat, Atl
    "Larriso" -- 22 Omni Sol Sol, Atl
    "Hashpat" - 12 Adv, Atl
    "Cyraxin" - 19 NM Crat, Atl
    "Cyraxinar" - 8 Op Shade, Atl

"Hasphat" -- 22 Clan Op MA, Rimor
    Stefan "Christophus" Marsalis -- 16 Neut Sol Eng, Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyeye
    Ok maybe a dumb question but how can you tell which charms are "long" or "short", and which are the "stable" and "unstable one. Is it something in the name or description? Obviously higher QL charms last longer, but I do not think thats what you guys mean by long vs. short.
    Yes, you can tell from the description. Compare the long charm Temporary Glamor with the short charm Lesser Pheromone Control. The first requires that you have 0 mindcontrolled pets, so must be used as a first charm. The latter allows 1 mindcontrolled pet, so can be used to pick up a second charm. Also note that that the duration of the ql20 long charm Temporary Glamor is 2 min 28 s, longer than that of the ql189 short charm Displace Thought Patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDFaDDa42
    I know for a fact that some of the lower level (<100) unstable charms have broken in less than a minute - they can definitely break at any time. Maybe some of the high level ones (since almost everyone on here seems to be 200+) don't have that problem.
    Maybe it's just that the lower level short charms last less than a minute? What you say could be true but I don't remember it ever happening to me and it seems unlikely. Probably just a misperception caused by the confusing terminology "stable" and "unstable".

Long and Short Crat Charms

Since I'm planning to try out a crat again, and there seems to be some confusion about long and short charms, I collected some data (from auno) about RK charms. So, a simple collection of some of the basic stuff, maybe this clears something

And skills needed for charms are BM, PM, SI of course. Same req on all skills.

Code:
    Short                          QL    NCU   Cost  Dur   Cast  Skill
    S Lesser Phermone Control      27     9     79   0:44  4.25   138
    S Soft Siren Call              40    13    111   0:49  4.38   195
    S Personal Magnetism           53    17    145   0:55  4.52   258
    S Phermone Control             76    24    195   1:01  4.68   364
    S Lesser Charismatic Rapture   96    30    249   1:09  4.89   456
    S Siren Call                  123    38    296   1:16  5.08   572
    S Enrapturing Bondage         149    46    346   1:24  5.29   687
    S Temporary Allegiance        159    49    363   1:32  5.50   732
    S Charismatic Rapture         169    52    415   1:40  5.70   781
    S Displace Thought Patterns   189    58    455   1:51  5.99   871

Long                           QL    NCU   Cost  Dur   Cast  Skill
    L Temporary Glamor             20     7     54   2:28  4.19   109
    L Bend Will                    33    11     84   3:27  4.31   167
    L Dominate Psyche              47    15    120   4:40  4.46   229
    L Solicit Support              63    20    154   5:54  4.59   304
    L Impose Will                  86    27    201   7:36  4.76   402
    L Captivated Thoughts         109    34    255   9:42  4.97   506
    L Allure of Servitude         136    42    305  11:30  5.18   633
    L Insidious Bequilement       152    47    348  13:20  5.40   711
    L Inveigle Support            162    50    378  15:00  5.60   751
    L Total Mental Domination     179    55    418  17:24  5.84   827
    //Syystuuli@rimor.rubi.ka//MA192SOL/CL/Ascension//

Mandatory Bureaucratic Disclaimer: There are no errors, if you think there are, it is your perception that fails, even if this not true. This data is provided as it, and the provider can not be held responsible for any damages resulting from (mis)use, either direct or indirect.

Sorry to necro an old thread but is it possible to re-charm the same mob you already had charmed or there's a limit / debuff that block you?

Thanks

You can recharm same mob as much as you like. More complicated situation is when you have 2 charms. No matter which charm times out you can only use chort charm for 2nd pet, so if you want main (long) charm again, you need to release short charm and then cast long.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    You can recharm same mob as much as you like. More complicated situation is when you have 2 charms. No matter which charm times out you can only use chort charm for 2nd pet, so if you want main (long) charm again, you need to release short charm and then cast long.

why would you charm 2... wouldn't that lead to problematic situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    why would you charm 2... wouldn't that lead to problematic situation?
    When you learn how to manage 2 charms, you will not be using just 1 again
    i R not spik engrish

Don't worry you will learn how to handle up to 4 pets ^^ in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    Don't worry you will learn how to handle up to 4 pets ^^ in no time.

...Wiping the same team a few times whilst juggling blood red Vorts is an excellent learning curve.

I promise you *grin*
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Well thats standard learning curve for teams with non xp totem pole crats.

The one and only Person in an inf team you never have to let die is the nice fellow lvl 205 crat with his 259 vortex and his 258 malah ;P and his only 6k life or so ^^

If you let your double charm crat get ****ed up, your team is gone most times, thats just about it. Actually the crats that do use double charm mostly know exactly what they do, so in over 90% of the cases that such a crat whipes the entire team, its due to failure of other team members. Failure of tanks, failure of the healers, failure to not attack the calmed short charm while recharming in progress etc. etc. ...
    "Iyraclea" // PvP done / PvE done - just another crat

Quote Originally Posted by Iyraclea View Post
    Well thats standard learning curve for teams with non xp totem pole crats.

The one and only Person in an inf team you never have to let die is the nice fellow lvl 205 crat with his 259 vortex and his 258 malah ;P and his only 6k life or so ^^

If you let your double charm crat get ****ed up, your team is gone most times, thats just about it. Actually the crats that do use double charm mostly know exactly what they do, so in over 90% of the cases that such a crat whipes the entire team, its due to failure of other team members. Failure of tanks, failure of the healers, failure to not attack the calmed short charm while recharming in progress etc. etc. ...
    that sounds sooo familiar :P damn n00bs attacking calmed mobs... then wiping whole team >.> and then blame crat -.-
    i am not an expert, i am just sharing MY experience
    janpeter lvl 220/15 bureaucrat http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=70513
    Gothis lvl 49 GA fixer

I would not use a 2nd charm until I learned the team was a capable one.

I would not use 2 same named charms unless team is experienced one. Being able to free just one pet at a time of my choosing for recharm is great help.
    If pets recherm is countered I pop nanomage endurance booster absorb and rest of the team wont even notice
    I use Last Minute Negotiations (instant cast) instead of regular mezz to clear pets hatelist when recharming both pets.
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

I made a new crat toon(filled my paid acct up), its VERY interesting, im mainly gearing him tward pvm...so my questions for you guys:

1) I assume viral comp in deck 6 is a must, what about hardcore cpu? deck 5, and nf range? deck 3.

i have all exp so i will be using viral mem's also.

2) I choose to go pistol, so the stepping stones would be? dark pistol is the only one i can think of, along with remod(but thats way down the road) ive read about cdr's also, but wouldnt the dark pistols be better? and i know most of the dmg will be from my pets so

3) psycology skill? as a calmer should it be maxxed?

im really new to crats but i like what ive played around with so far, hes one of the strangest prof ive played
    Last edited by styles999; Mar 11th, 2009 at 17:57:07.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

NCU totally depends if u wanna solo or do lots of teams... in teams u need NCU for the outside buffs... because crats are rather squishy
    on the pistol thing, i personally used darkpistols, OET guns for the trickle on nano skills, and later DPoTR with a flux pistol worked quiet nice for me. later on its pretty straight forward with kyr'ozch/peregrine and the dreadloch freedom arms.
    psychology is for charms, it's not really needed, but it might help charming higher lvl mobs, less chance of getting your charm countered.
    though i've heard stories that u can land them just fine without psychology aswell.
    i am not an expert, i am just sharing MY experience
    janpeter lvl 220/15 bureaucrat http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=70513
    Gothis lvl 49 GA fixer

pistols is easy: dark pistol of the revoked in the one hand, other hand cdr just all the way, youŽll get second stun proc with 125 I think or even earlier and youŽll find the burst / fling recycles of the cdr worth more than anything.

Later youŽll use Dreadloch balanced Freedom Arms and 199 kyrzoch pistol type 4 until 220 when you switch off hand to 300 peregrine mk 6.

Thats all there is to pistol crats ;P rather boring but worth it.

As High Pistol crat youŽll need the hardcore ncu upgrade, youŽll have massive lack of nano delta cluster due to burst triple implants, IŽll have to use 250er nano spindle on recharge in bossfights and missions including improved soothing calm. With Legaxy of Xan youŽll use the compiler, range increaser and hardcore as standard, combined with 3 max NCU 6/6 196 ncu mems youŽll have no problems at all. (only in pvm, otherwise youll switch some around)
    Last edited by Iyraclea; Mar 11th, 2009 at 20:12:30.
    "Iyraclea" // PvP done / PvE done - just another crat

Quote Originally Posted by Iyraclea View Post
    pistols is easy: dark pistol of the revoked in the one hand, other hand cdr just all the way, youŽll get second stun proc with 125 I think or even earlier and youŽll find the burst / fling recycles of the cdr worth more than anything.

Later youŽll use Dreadloch balanced Freedom Arms and 199 kyrzoch pistol type 4 until 220 when you switch off hand to 300 peregrine mk 6.

Thats all there is to pistol crats ;P rather boring but worth it.

As High Pistol crat youŽll need the hardcore ncu upgrade, youŽll have massive lack of nano delta cluster due to burst triple implants, IŽll have to use 250er nano spindle on recharge in bossfights and missions including improved soothing calm. With Legaxy of Xan youŽll use the compiler, range increaser and hardcore as standard, combined with 3 max NCU 6/6 196 ncu mems youŽll have no problems at all. (only in pvm, otherwise youll switch some around)

^^Sweet , nice indepth post, yeah ive figured the dread+type 4 for endgame but thats a ways off (im working on all 7 or err 8 toons at once, maybe drive me insane but take it one toon at a time/one day at a time..)
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast