Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Keeper Guide to Rubi-ka and Shadowlands

Please add:

Where is Fury?

to the FAQ section.

I guess I really want to know which abilities to up that AREN'T Green... Dimach is obvious, it's on every 2h weapon on the list... but what about Melee Energy or Piercing or Sneak attack? Those weapons listed are not always the easiest to find I think (It could be just to my Newb-ness tho...) and I have found quite a few 2h weapons that are quick and do decent damage for their ql that need stats other than 2h and Demach... can someone help me plz?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think that anyone's written a full guide because it takes a long time before someone has the understanding of the profession to be able to do it. And, let's be honest, the kind of people rushing to be the first 200 Keeper aren't the kind to sit down and spend a few nights writing a guide to IP expenditure as a Keeper.

In my personal opinion, hybrid weapons (weapons that use more than one attack skill to determine your attack rating, i.e. 2 handed edge 67%, melee energy 33%) are BAD. They lower your attack rating dramatically because professions generally only have buffs for one weapon skill, and implanting multiple main attack skills is difficult. To see if a weapon is a hybrid, look at the 'attack skills' when you examine a weapon.

For example: My main, Aameul, is a fixer. In a recent patch, Funcom introduced Illicit Lasers. They're cool weapons... easy to multiwield for a profession that's been asking for good multiwield weapons for a while, and they do good damage. One of the drawbacks to them is that they're 67% SMG, 33% Pistol. My selfbuffed attack rating with a 100% SMG is over 1100. My selfbuffed attack rating with my intras is approximately 990. It goes down because I can't get pistol as high as my SMG. Lower attack rating = more misses and less damage. The Lasers overcome that by having a lightning fast burst refresh, so you get an 'automatic' triple hit every 10s.

Most of the hybrids in the AO database, however, are not so well designed as the Illicit Lasers. I'd say probably 75% of the hybrid weapons that survive in the DB from release could be taken out of the loot table and the players would be better off. Newbies wouldn't be tricked into using bad weapons.

However, things like different specials aren't as bad. Special attacks on the melee side are dimach, brawl, fast attack, and sneak attack. Dimach is obviously a good thing for Keepers, since it's easy to raise and has a nice healing effect with it. The same can be said for fast attack. Most of our weapons are designed with the fast attack special and we have pretty good sneak attack buffs. Brawl is slightly less of a nobrainer for keepers. It's a good special from what I've been told, but it's blue and we don't have a buff for it. Sneak attack is blue, but we have a buff o.O. However, IMO, it's not as useful a special since you have to use it before the mob notices you.
    Aameul - Fixer - RK1
    Hethradiah - Keeper - RK1

Greetings.

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive listing for IP costs for a Keeper on this forum (my apologies if I missed it).

So, in light of that, I came up with a little chart that lists out the IP cost for each skill for a Keeper. I have triple-checked all IP cost figures, but PLEASE let me know if something is amiss and I will fix it ASAP.

Keeper IP Chart
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

Max Nano woes

Many Keepers, especially our Atrox brethren like my Keeper Hethradiah, have problems with casting our buffs due to not having enough max nano. Here is a list of items I compiled in another thread that help get around the max nano problems.

There are two ways to get around the max nano requirements on a nano... add to your max nano so you can cast it normally, or use items that bring down your nano cost, which is figured in before it checks against your nanopool. Both items that reduce your nanocost and nanoprograms that reduce your nano cost (available from NT's and Meta-physicists) will help lower the max nano needed to cast a nanoprogram.

• CAS armor helmet - adds to max nano
    • Carbonum armor- all pieces add to max nano
    • Angellin's Wristband - A guildie found a low QL one of these in SL for me, but I haven't had to resort to using it yet. Good +max nano per QL, however
    • Exarch Robe - -1% nanocost and offers excellent AC's for the level at which you can acquire one. Available in the Temple of the Three Winds from various Exarchs.
    • Notum Splice - adds 195 to max nano in the left wrist implant slot... I'm currently using this implant rather than making a normal QL150 left wrist implant since nothing important is in the left wrist. Available in the Temple of the Three Winds off of the Defender of the Three.
    • Dark Memories - NCU memories that add to max nano, and a very nice amount of NCU for the comp lit required. Available in the Temple of the Three Winds from Lien the Memorystalker (down past the Deathless Legionairres)
    • CPU Upgrades - goes in a NCU slot and reduces nanocost of programs, which can bring the nanocost under your max nano.
    • Dodga/Alvin pads - part 1 is very easy to get for 75 max nano, part 2 is only slightly more difficult, and fully upgraded dodga pads are one of the top 5 or 6 shoulder items in the game
    • Viral Triumvirate Eggs - +150 max nano, +15 int/psy, in a shoulder slot... one of the OTHER top five shoulder items in the game.
    • Token boards - some serious +max nano and just requires some time spent token farming. The omni equivalents have the same bonuses.

Most things listed at QL200 or QL300 are actually available at a variety of QLs. AODB will let you interpolate to other QLs if you follow the links.

I'll continue adding to this list as I use new and different methods to get rid of max nano problems.
    Aameul - Fixer - RK1
    Hethradiah - Keeper - RK1

wow what info

WOOT WOOT got my implant plans off this baby ROOT ROOT ROOT
    TROX, my one friend, ally.... enemy

I upped... all on the nano/aiding series except the matter nanos... raised 2h, FA, run speed , melee init, nano resist... mmm all my abilities ... it'll come to you as you progress in the game though, is really a personal choice... I maxed everything I wanted with no trade skills and have 700k IP free at 182 so eventually you dun have to worry about it
    Lenaic - First 200 Keeper on RK2
    Nanomage Keeper - Still better than any Omni Opifex Keepers on RK2 *cough*
    "The fur is so smooth against my shaved groin" - Keeryx, in a discussion about rodents

Just wondring if anybody have a clew where I can get this diffrent keeper armors?
    What kind of quests/missions/bosses do I have to do?
    SL is at the moment just a big mess for me! :P

For the most part, armor isn't a huge concern until you can get the really nifty stuff you'll be wearing for a long time. I used Carbonum for my first few levels, then just patchwork stuff I picked up in missions. I was wearing that until I finally got around to making some ql 200 CAS, which I wore for a few days until I finished getting the embryos for the Tier 1 armor. Really, if possible, get Tier 1 armor.

Refer to the other sticky thread concerning armor.

You can get infantry armor off some mobs (sorry, not really sure what mobs) which is pretty nice. I want to say Unredeemed/Redeemed mobs drop it, but I'm not positive. And I can't get ingame to check at the moment.

Originally posted by Dagfinn
    Just wondring if anybody have a clew where I can get this diffrent keeper armors?
    What kind of quests/missions/bosses do I have to do?
    SL is at the moment just a big mess for me! :P
    umm, hehe yea Balrog’s Armour and Weapons Guide for Keepers

I've tried looking but can't find a guide on where to put my IP's.. I wanna start myself a Keeper but have no idea what to do

at the start just raise all your body skills.
    others to raise are:
    melee init
    2h edged
    fast attack
    evade clsc
    evade ranged
    comp lit
    speed
    bio meta
    psycho modi
    sens modi
    first aid
    treatment
    time and space *as much as you need to use certain nanos*

Try to save as much ips as possible and only use them to pool certain stats if you need them to equip certain weapons/use certain nano's

Talking Thank you but it needs more details for the noobs like me

For Who ever made this guide big Thank you.
    But could not you while was you doing this great effort give some walkthroughs of how to get things.
    for example Sword of Sir Tristram it said it drops from mops, but what mobs? where r they? what positions on maps
    even the item is in a shope tell us please
    in short words we need how to get as we need what to get
    not every one been on shadowland before
    a noob shadowlander like myself did knew where to buy his nanos until level 15
    and I am sure there is alot of the basic shops in shadowland I don't know yet. geting help from the players inside the game is like begging for money from those who gives no money.
    thank you any way and after all great work, at least now i know what to get

You may notice that no one has posted in this for 4 1/2 years; I doubt they care anymore about this thread.

Tons of sticky posts have been made since then; read those too.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12