Thread: My solution to static dungeon pop camping.

Lightbulb My solution to static dungeon pop camping.

Each static dungeon should have a type of key distributer, whether its a npc or a machine i dont care, npc would be more propper as far as role playin is concerned though i spose.

The key is just like any other mission key, it accesses the location of the static dungeon and can be duped to share with team members, each key pops a totally seperate dungeon so there is 1 dungeon per key.

This way entire organizations can dungeon raid or smaller teams would have the ability to have thier own dungeon experience without having to compete for the pops with other players.

Granted it makes items that are "rare" more accessable but the thing is every player is paying funcom the same and should have the same benifits in preportion to what they put into the game, meaning anyone who takes the time to get a group together with the power to go kill the tarasque should at least have a chance of fighting it, not to be turned away because someone else has been forced into hogging the pop for thier own gear.

So what if it makes certain items downright common and everyone is walking around in the same gear like clones.... if thats not allready happening i must have something wrong with my vision.

The only way to fix the problem of cloned characters is to add additional items that have the same basic stats just with different models, partical effects, and skin jobs. Maybe even different damage types heck at high lvls most AC is good anyway so alt damage isnt really anything too special alot of the time, that and it makes different weapons better in different pvp cercumstances ****ing the game up a bit. This would make it so a player can choose how they want to look without having to sacrifice a better weapon.

Really nice gear that should be extra rare should be from static missions recieved from npcs, similar to the EQ epic weapon quests, just make the related monsters and NPCs randomly pop in different zones and incorporate dungeons that need specific quested keys to get into so its a mater of pure luck not a matter of how long you can sit in one spot waiting on something to pop.

Melbringi 92 Clan Fixer

Here is an example, take the Dodga quest for monster parts clan side. Instead of running out to the trash king pop, or bot mountain this happens....

You go talk to Dodga he discusses things with you and gives you a key to an area where certain strange robots are roaming about. You proceed to the dungeon where amoung normal bots there are special named robots that drop the parts you need to complete the quest, after spending the time clearing the mission mabye fighting a harder "boss" bot for the final piece you return to dodga (who should never depop the fact that he does now is totally irritating) and hand in the parts he is happy and rewards you with the clan shoulder pads of the su****ious.

it adds an element of purpose to what you are doing, just camping bot pops till you get all the parts you need is stupid, with this type of quest play at least you are going someplace to do something specific, otherwise its just pop camping and cheezyness.

Unhappy

bah! robot parts the quest is for robot parts!

This idea has been going for awhile...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=14074

Most people seem to like it.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

Exactley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Make the boss drops as random as any mob. Lets see someone camp for 3 hrs and get a ql 150 limb or better yet a ruby....lmao.. The next guy up waits 15 minutes and gets the shades.....Keep it all random and vary the XP.

Originally posted by chrish
    Exactley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Make the boss drops as random as any mob. Lets see someone camp for 3 hrs and get a ql 150 limb or better yet a ruby....lmao.. The next guy up waits 15 minutes and gets the shades.....Keep it all random and vary the XP.

translation: I have thought absolutely none at all about this and would like to make camping more of a problem because for some reason i think the guy who camped 3 hours is just going to go away and stop trying after finding the crap loot.

Question Camping

Does anyone know if there is any camping in DAoC?
    Im leaving this crap and lookin for a new game, if DAoC has no camping then Im there.. I will play any game that does not require Camping of mobs for good items.. FUncom falsly advertised this fact and now camping is becoming more and more rampant with every new 'feature' it makes me sick

I went to Lush outpost to see if possibly noone was at Alvin, but there were 3 people there, and guess what, there was a very nasty shouting war going on, these people really wanted to kill each other in RL.. Cussing each other out and saying crap like get in line i was here first and all that stupid ass crap that I left EQ for.. Its here big time now and Im not standing for it.. I just wish everyone would do the same so Funcom would just be put out of their misery..

Too bad they have to ruin such a great game with this stupid crap. Oh and the lack of any customer support on these boards and also the every patch adding new bugs and more lag and the nasty imbalance of the classes to name a few more.. bah

Please, if anyone knows if DAoC has no camping for items that would be helpful.. Because I dont know if I can even play the rest of my subscription out on this one.. Or wait for a new MMORPG..

Sorzella 139 Nano NT -
    -Omni-Scummette Pistol Slinger Extraordinare
    -Mother and Provider to her little family of Omni scum Alts
    -President of the Insomniacs Foundation
    - You can pry my pistols from my cold dead hands, wait no you cant they are in reclaim..

Scum Alts include:
    Sorzetta 46 Opi Agent
    Sorzanna 24 Opi Fixer <---- Evil Clanner, outcast of a sister...
    Sorzina 21 Solitus Soldier
    Trancefactor 29 Solitus Trader
    Tranzmetic 56 Atrox Doctor
    Brakkhus 16 Atrox Enforcer
    Hollownymph 5 Solitus Meta

- The world is a reflection of the sensory apparatus that registers it - Deepak Chopra