Thread: FAQ: Bureaucrats in Shadowlands v1.0

FAQ: Bureaucrats in Shadowlands v1.2

Compiled a list of the most common questions asked from the forums and in-game via tells about the bureaucrat profession.

FAQ: Bureaucrats in Shadowlands v1.2

General
    Q: What is the role of the bureaurat in Shadowlands?
    A: We are supposed to be quote "Masters of Crowd Control." in Shadowlands. This has been acomplished by being the only profession with Shadowlands versions of single mez and roots. Thus by default, we are the best at crowd controlling regardless of them being a drastic downgrade of their respective Rubi-Ka counterparts. Also, monsters immune to roots and mezzes will still be immune to the Shadowlands versions of those nanos.

Q: What can I do as a bureaucrat in Shadowlands?
    A: We can be one of the most self sufficient professions for exploring the Shadowlands up to Adonis. How can we be good at soloing? You know how others are complaining about insane monster(mob) hp and damage? With our charms the insane mob hp and damage becomes your pet with high hp and damage!

Q: Where can I get this cool/funny/weird looking top hat that I see on Kithrak? *New*
    A: Suzerain's Political Chief Headwear is what you are looking for. It can be found at Hollow Island. It is quite diffcult to get and dosen't always drop.

Further information:Hollow Island guide at AO Stratics

Perks
    For more information: Analysis of Bureaucrat perks

Q: Why is the Psychology bonuses in my Directorship Perk line so small?!? *Updated*
    A: The bonuses were accidentally removed from the 15.0.6 patch and were later restored to a lower value. As of patch 15.3 they have been restored again. This should be of great aid for those needing psychology as a tradeskill.

Q: What is this talk about a Persuader perk line?
    A: It was supposedly one of the perk lines that can be found in the database but is inaccessible in-game. Persuader line in the database. Rumor has it that it had our psychic debuff specials but was cut out for one reason or another.

Pets/Charms

Q: Do we get a new pet/droid in Shadowlands?
    A: Yes, we get a new QL 205 nano called Corporate Guardian. Noone has found or seen it in use yet.

Q: Something is wrong with my Team Empowered Charms! *Updated*
    A: Some versions of Team Empowered charms do not work at the moment. This has not been acknowledged yet.

Q: Do my Rubi-Ka charms still work in the Shadowlands? *New*
    A: Yes, your charms still work as normal in the Shadowlands with a few minor exceptions. The psychic checks of high level monsters/creatures in SL are marginally higher than their Rubi-Ka counterparts of the same level. Max level charmable useing Rubi-Ka charms is level 209 on Rubi-Ka and only 205 in the Shadowlands.

Nanos
    More information: List of bureaucrat nanos requireing specalizations

Q: What are specalizations?
    A: Specalizations allow you to cast certain Shadowland nanos that require them. That's all there are to specalizations, they let you cast nanos that require them. There are four specalizations total.

Q: How can I get specalizations? *Updated*
    A: Answer by Didel
    List of Guides on AO forums
    The Shadowlands Library
    AOVaults Guides

Q: Help, I can't mez/root/snare anything in Shadowlands!
    A: This was done delibrately. Bureaucrats need to use the 'specialized' Shadowland versions of single mez and root. (There are no area versions of these nanos.) Unfortunately, their effects are far shorter durationed than their Rubi-Ka counterparts.

Q: Help, I STILL can't mez/root anything useing Shadowland nanos! *Updated*
    A: Yes, our Shadowlands single mez/roots are bugged at the moment. Mez stops the mob from attacking but does not cause it to break aggro(ie, you cannot recharge because you are in combat mode.)

All Puissant roots above Momentary Daze do manage to root but causes some de-synching issues where the mob appears as rooted on your screen but it is auctually pounding you flat 5m away. Note: This issue has not been acknowledged as a bug yet.

Last updated: 11/28/2003
    ---------------------------------

Q:
    A:
    Last edited by Kithrak; Dec 7th, 2003 at 03:09:49.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Unhappy

OMFG..dang Charles not sure you shoulda put all that in one thread cause readin all that says crats totally blow and are useless in SL.how depressing...could you plz put just one positive bit of info in there somewheres,even if you have to make it up!

A positive thing about crats in Shadowlands? Our RK charms work.

As a downside, note that the team empowered charms while having a shorter duration than our RK charms also seem to be bugged, cascade effect of checking all reqs it seems.

There's literally almost nothing good about Shadowlands for bureaucrats. Ride the punches... if you can.
    Returnpolicy,Mayhape,Naelorin,Adumbra,Miamia

Wear a cloak when the moon is out for fear of exposure

Re: FAQ: Bureaucrats in Shadowlands v1.1

Q: Why is the Psychology bonuses in my Directorship Perk line so small?!?
    A: The bonuses were 'accidentally' removed from the 15.0.6 patch and were later restored. Alas, the numbers don't quite add up to their old values.....
    ]

whave u adressed fc about this? i want the skills back. especially psychology :P pls help

snow
    Zcope 210 Agent
    Snowhawk5 200 Crat
    Snowi
    175+ Enforcer
    Ancarim Iron Legion

Yes, I have reported it...again. So many bug reports, so little responses.....

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Outstanding job Charles. Our old issues were mostly design related, but this time we talk about truly broken game features.

Not that fixing all the nano bugs would help the major gripes with the increasing crowd control denial, but since we are looking at pure game mechanical issues ( broken ones ), and not philosophical paths, it is a real and urgent message we are sending out here.
    Sernon.

Maybe this is how things are 'supposed' to be. all crappy and stuff, Maybe it's a feature to make sure we don't calm our mobs heal then keep fighting them. I hope not but I gotta consider the possibility, That would Really piss me off.
    Originally posted by Brueskie
    In fact, it can quickly become a pain being begged to enter teams when you have no desire to level at all. It's kind of like a slap in the face; all these teams want you for your SK bonuses so they can level up quicker and become all the more uber while you don't get diddly-squat for leveling comparison. No thanks.

Is it a bug that the gallant slave line has a set req to upload with a higher value to use?
    Where the heck is that?!
    Rucio

Q: Help, I can't mez/root/snare anything in Shadowlands!
    A: This was done delibrately. Bureaucrats need to use the 'specialized' Shadowland versions of single mez and root. (There are no area versions of these nanos.) Unfortunately, their effects are far shorter durationed than their Rubi-Ka counterparts.

I've been successful using the lowest level mez in the shadowlands with my very low lvl crat. Has the issue been fixed? Or does it not effect the noob mez?

Unhappy Re: FAQ: Bureaucrats in Shadowlands v1.1

Originally posted by Charles
    Q: What is this talk about a Persuader perk line?
    A: It was supposedly one of the perk lines that can be found in the database but is inaccessible in-game. Persuader line in the database. Rumor has it that it had our psychic debuff specials but was cut out for one reason or another.
    Well they could had just taken out the specials... but why the whole perk line? the psycology buff was neat

SKINGIRL
    .: RK2 Omni 214 Dictator :.

This char is totally RETIRED since 15.5.5 patch. I apologize to all crats that I laughed at for them being ONLY a XP Totem, since now I am clear that it is the only role planned for us. And don´t come to me with the Master of Crowd Control BS, plz. Not again!

Skindoc - RK2 Omni Eternalist :: MY NEW MAIN
    Freka - RK2 200 Omni NanoTecnician :: MY 1ST CHAR :: RETIRED
    Lemmedrain - RK2 TL4 Omni Trader

Charles a lot of this has been updated. Might be a good thing to provide those updates here.
    - En Tequila Es Verdad -

I'll take a look at the FAQ again sometime.

As far as I can tell we haven't recieved any bug fixes per say, the directorship line is still bugged, team empowered charms still bugged, mez is bugged, our first sl root is still bugged.

Re: FAQ: Bureaucrats in Shadowlands v1.1

Originally posted by Charles

Q: Something is wrong with my Team Empowered Charms!
    A: Reports are coming in that they are bugged at the moment and do not work correctly. There has been no acknowledgement of this problem yet.
    Hmmm Not sure but Team TMD seems to work fine. I don't know about the lower versions though.

Q: How can I get specalizations?
    A: You need to perform a quest for each specalization. There are no guides available on the forums at this time.
    List of Guides on AO forums
    The Shadowlands Library
    AOVaults Guides

Q: Help, I STILL can't mez/root anything useing Shadowland nanos!
    A: Yes, our Shadowlands single mez/roots are bugged at the moment. Mez does not mez and roots do not root. Note: This issue has not been acknowledged as a bug however.
    Again the only ones that I use Empowered Anger Addlement and Puissant Illusionary Paralysis seem to do the job. All be it I have to back up the Mez with a RK one to finish the job it gives me about a minute to work it out. The roots have been made AOEs above a certain level and seem to work well in the cases that I've needed them.

That was the quick and dirty that I had seen. I may be missing something or I've just taken for granted some of the things as intentional, by all means if there is still some work to be done on them or lower levels that don't work then I can completely understand.
    - En Tequila Es Verdad -

I've updated the FAQ with relevant information.