Thread: Soldiers and minimum damage

Lightbulb Soldiers and minimum damage

I have read some discussions in the soldier thread about the necessity for higher minimum damage on our guns. As a level 79 soldier I am obviously biased and agree with such an idea, but I offer some valid reasons and a solution to the trouble.

First, the problem: 90% of the guns have damage output 1-???. For instance, my nova flow does 1-174 or something like that. Its a sad day when someone higher than level 50 goes about shooting for less then 10 on occasion, but it happens. I had a burst the other day that only did 25 damage. Normally I do over 100 damage, usually around 200, but...

The reason soldiers want higher minimum damage is because at high levels a player needs to hit a monster consistantly over 100 points of damage. If we are soloing or doing a mission and get three attacks in a row with damage say: 39, 43, 57- even to a green or grey monster- then its time to put up the mirror shield and run, because that's a battle we're going to lose. Soldiers are supposed to be tanks, but we cannot stand around if we are sometimes unable to lower a monster's health significantly. Say a soldier only gets low damage output 1 out of every 25 monsters. That does not sound too bad, except when one realizes that it takes hundreds of monsters to level and that one out of 25 can mean death. No experienced is gained if a player dies every now and then.

The solution: put the minimum damage a soldier can do in comparison to the level that they are on. Example: I am level 79, so my minimum damage would 79. A person on level 50 would have a minimum damage of 50. This raising of minimum damage should not and does not need to effect maximum damage output. This would simply make it so the dreaded: "You hit leet for 17 points of energy damage", never appears again when I am level 18++!

I'm a baised soldier as well, and I too would like to see a higher min damage. Hitting a monster for 20pts 5 times in a row at lvl 70 sucks, and it isn't all that rare an occurence either. I have no clue why a ql200 novaflow has the same minimum damage as a ql1 nova. It just makes no sense.

Unhappy agreed

I have a lvl 62 soldier useing ql 88 weapons that is now retired because the minium damage is killing him. I made my soldier for solo play so I didn't have to rely on teams.

But guess what, I can't servive without a team now becuase I get low attacks all the time. I have to zone to kill greens half the time, because my attacks go something like this:

179, 30, 79, 25, 304, 25, 38, 15, 89, 24

If I'm lucky I'll get a good burst in for 1k but mostly I get 200 or 300

For a profession that is sussposed the be the master of guns and damage, I feel pretty weak.

The part that is even sader that I rerolled and made a NT, guess what at lvl 34 he does better damage than my lvl 62 soldier because his mininium damage with nanos is 119 so he never hits for less than 119!

Please take a look at this funcom, I really loved my soldier until I hit lvl 62
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Gonna do this? Do it for melee weapons also as well.

They start from 1. It makes more sense that a heavy blade hitting you is going to do at least *some* damage. Not 1.

Or a hammer.

Realize that yes, we weapon users can overequip into WEAPONS, but the thing that CASTERS have, and PETS have, is high min damage.

Thats the offset you have to live with.

I think they are more worried about PvP, where you would be able to output HUGE amounts of min damage hits in rapid order.

I think that is unfortuante, because yea, you get screwed in the regular game, and a good chunk of people don't PvP.

The way I see it, it could EASILY be a function of QL - say, 1/2 QL is min damage. That way, a QL 100 weapon would do at least 50 (a marked improvement from 1), but a QL 10 weapon would only be doing 5 min. Hell, if you were really concerned about overloading, just make it a function of CHARACTER level... explain it away as saying that you know how to aim the bloody thing better or something.