Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPCs in Jobe throwing you back to RK = bad

NPCs in Jobe throwing you back to RK = bad

Just want to tell the story about my first trip to shadowlands after installing the expansion pack..

I started off by traveling to Jobe through the portal in Old Athen. Then I proceed to go through the portal to Plaza because I was curious to see what the various shops there had to offer and maybe talk to some NPCs and get the background story, maybe some leads for quests etc.

Once I go through the gate I see some female NPC, can't remember the name right now, but it's not important. I go over to her and start a dialogue. It starts with me asking her if I can as her a question, she says yes, and I ask the question. Based on her answers I want to ask her another question, and I start doing that. Bla bla, yada yada, end of story is that she throws me off the island and I end up in the middle of the newland lake.

I then have to spend 15 minutes running all over the place to try to get the hired thugs away from the newland grid term so I can get out of there. When I failed to do that I blitz through newland to the ICC whompa and barely make it out with a sliver of health left.

Exactly what is the point of creating this hostile atmosphere from the beginning? The whole expansion evolves around quests and talking to various NPCs, asking questions etc. But already on the first possible mob you can talk to you learn that trying every possible dialogue (like any old adventure game player would do) can have dire consequences like throwing you off the planet or whatever. Instead of encouraging people to talk to NPCs, this does the opposite and makes people afraid to do so.

Made you play for 15 more minutes?

I think the point is to read the dialogs -- a lot of the quests later require you ACTUALLY read them and pick good paths.

Anyway, everyone either took that plunge or got told not to.

Happened to me too, but I thought it was pretty funny. Then again, I wasn't on any kind of quest, I was just exploring.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

happens to everyone

lighten up a little and learn to laugh it off ^^
    Littlelove - lvl 211 Doctor
    Shiguru - lvl 206 Martial Artist

"If you die it's not my fault, blame the TV"

granted, it is annoying, but like Shiggy said, it happens to everyone. I got thrown to the middle of Hollow Island as a lv. 8 shade. Long story.

Actually if you read the text you'd have seen something coming. The NPC also calls you a 10-year-old before throwing you off =P
    Pillow wielding NT (TM)

yah... i got thrown off too once, but i felt it coming from the way the dialogue was going. I just wanted to see what she would do to me if I kept bugging her... boy, did she show me... thankfully, I am neutral, so landing next to NLC was fine for me. I'm just glad none of my leaps off SL have landed me in Tir... :P
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

I was thrown right into a 25% area the other night too. So much for consentual PvP in this game I guess..

Wouldn't want to be the one who just spent 10 hours for some pointless quest item only to fall into 4HO and be killed and looted.

I got thrown off once from Jobe Market. I knew I was getting in trouble because I was annoying the NPC. I don't know the one in question for the first poster, but mine wasn't trouble and I had a good laugh about it
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

What rights do these NPCS have to throw you out of jobe just when your trying to be friendly, I demand an act of retaliation! Lower the gas and we'll see who throw who out of jobe. =P
    bye

Heh, it's funny.

Reminds me of some OT officer in Avalon that kills you if you piss him off when talking to him. I did find that fun too :)

Getting kicked off the station made me laugh my pants off.
    If you can't live without them, why aren't you dead yet?

It's fun to just sit and watch people getting thrown out of jobe! I spent 20-30 minutes on saturday doing this (while eating) and I counted 7 or 8 people taking the dive

(Yes I was thrown over the edge too.)

I thought it was pretty funny too. I had a feeling something unpleasant was going to happen to me, but I just had to find out how the conversation was going to go .

Got kicked off too, landed at Tir South Gate and got a warm welcome. Good chuckle )
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

Amused the hell out of me.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

I didn't find it that ammusing. However, I was surprised that the NPC actually had the nuts to do it.

:P

I was mostly annoyed because I had spent a good hour cleaning the glue off of my discs to install. Then after I thought I had the disc clean the install froze at 96%, and so I had to clean the second disc again and restart the install. Of course after the install I have 20 minutes of patching... So after a total of about 2 hours of install and patching, the first person I talked to launched me to the middle of Clon**** and it then took me another 20 minutes before I actually got to play SL.

However, now that it's happened to me, I hope it happens to everyone!
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Did those NPCs have "Bouncer" in their name?
    My Legion of Madness
    Shiggee
    Screws

Officially wiped by: a Leet

Slyyk: Real Fixers don't PvP because there is no money in it

Originally posted by Detonate
    I didn't find it that ammusing. However, I was surprised that the NPC actually had the nuts to do it.
    What, nobody told you they don't allow 'your kind' in SL? Silly, silly boy.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Is this going to be the new Jello trend to just do a find all posts by Detonate and troll them? It really wouldn't bother me to add you to my ignore list.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast