Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shere Garden Quest (Spoiler)

Shere Garden Quest (Spoiler)

OK, here's what you need to do....

Open this map: http://www.aeonflux.co.uk/sherekeymap.jpg - all positions are marked for the below references.

1. Pick up quest from Prophet Nar Shere at the temple. The first three Unredeemed you need to pass the letter to are also here.

2. Travel to Storm Shelter Temple. Both Yutt-Ixi and Dom-Xum are on the top of a small building just to the east of the main ramp.

3. Fortuitous Jorr-Fes Shere is at the base of that funnel shape on the right (below Port Five), just south of that mountain range... he's on a platform there.

4. Now the tricky one. Ardent Pi. The reason he's tricky is because he's not in a normal Unredeemed camp, but is on his own. The other reason he's tricky to find is because the West Ely map functions are badly out of shape and are totally unreliable for using as a guide. I've circled the map anyway so you have a rough idea, but the important bit is this:

1119 , 1148 Sabre's Cradle

Work on the basis that you have no map whatsoever and use the co-ords as your guide. If you're new to AO, then remember the first number is west (0) to east(x) and the second number is south (0) to north (x), so 0 , 0 would be the south east corner of a zone.

5. You need to head back to the Garden next to give Garboli Chi Shere the letter. Don't bother with Son-Len as he'll just tell you something about not being blessed. Garboli Chi Shere will give you a task of finding some Redeemed people now. You don't have to kill the targets, you only have to select them and wait.

Quick note about Garboli Chi Shere. He's in the hedge maze in the North West "cell". If you can't find him, zoom right out (-), put the camera right above your head (num-key 8), then move around until he pops up.

6. This is where I forgot to write down all the names, but the Redeemed stages are far far easier to find as the temples show up alot better on the map. Firstly head to the town to the North East of Central Ely. The first 3~ are all in a building in the temple (when I say in a building I mean that they are through a doorway, but are still in the external zone).

7. Next head to Barter in West Ely. The map may lie to you, but it's fairly easy to get there. The 4 you need to see are all down in the town part of Barter in a deep hollow. *editted as I was getting tells from lots of people about the fact there are 4 there - despite me having said 3~ - which means approx*

8. Now you're in the finishing straight. Head to the Redeemed temple at the centre of the map. The first one you need is on the start of the ramp that leads into the Utopia building itself, and the other is on the grassy field next to the water, near the low buildings (the north part of the grass).

Now you should be able to head back to the Garden again, and give Garboli Chi Shere the full cannister.

This is a hard quest to say the least if you don't know where things are. Ardent Pi is expecially tough, as when I managed to get the letter to him, a clanner killed him instantly. Took me about 3 hours to find him, alot of forum searching, multiple tells, and a whole heap of running.
    Last edited by Poweredge|vault; Sep 14th, 2003 at 18:14:35.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Thumbs up

What exactly it the reward for this quest then?

nice guide tho with the map and everything.

Cheers!

At the end, you get The Key To The Garden Of Shere. Means you don't have to use Shere Insignia on statues to get there.

Also, you get a bit of faction rise with Followers, Operators, Unredeemed.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

thanks and a good job.
    laterz
    The Smurf ME!

and

A Bigger non-smurf ME!(so far!!) UPDATED: SMURFED!!
    UPDATE-UPDATE: Char Deleted.

and the newest edition:

A ugly MP!

Quoted:" nothing to quote anymore:" "Quote nurfed" Laterz

A permanent garden key to the Shere garden.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Thumbs up

Great post, thanks so much, I was going mad trying to find everything for this.

Nice one PV
    Cephous General of Alphastrike

Originally posted by Cephous
    Nice one PV
    NP Ceph... that's my attempt at keeping up with Ne's map making skills... btw, tell him that we need a Raiko-SL map sharpish.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

nice

thanks for the post...I'd like to see more people helping out like this because we are all in the same newbie boat once again. I hope the elitists and crazy omni/clan role players put aside their issues for now and come forth with some good info on the basic quests.

this map wasn't created by a player...it's on IGN in the blueprint #8 article...shows whole map of jobe starting from training grounds all the way up to inferno.
    Specs://
    /Abit IC7 Canterwood
    /P4@3.3Ghz(1100mhz FSB)
    /OCZ Gold PC-3700 Ram
    /Tyan 9700 Pro@385/700
    20200 3dmarks

Hairstyle 201 MA (Equipment)

I need help with number 8 I cant find them anywhere and its impossible to look when people are killing the mobs.

Can anyone help? Im looking for Devoted Enel Cama-lux
    Darklynx - Agent on RK1

Originally posted by oplix
    this map wasn't created by a player...it's on IGN in the blueprint #8 article...shows whole map of jobe starting from training grounds all the way up to inferno.
    The circles and the numbers were tho. Without those it'd be a bit tougher.

Maps are only as useful as the information on them.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Originally posted by Darklynx
    I need help with number 8 I cant find them anywhere and its impossible to look when people are killing the mobs.

Can anyone help? Im looking for Devoted Enel Cama-lux
    He does appear at Utopia either on the grassland part near the buildings, or at the end of the bridge that spans the water to the entrance door to Utopia.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Devoted Enel Cama-lux is in Barter, so you have to look for 4 there.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

The 3rd(?) Craig-Or that you have to give the letter to in Nero can be a little twit (he's the one on the right of Prophet, standing on a little pedestal). So here are the dialoge options to choose (assuming everyone gets the same options and order):

1 3 1 1 2 1 1 1

Hopefully this will save someone 5 or 10 mins

-Dal
    Dalmatia - 207 Eng Board Member of The Vigil
    Rostislav - 180 Doc
    And more alts than I'd care to admit to
    1700 total dings and counting

holy s h i t all those quests, insane
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

NVM I'm a dumb ass.
    Last edited by Manusra; Sep 13th, 2003 at 02:16:22.

One part is missing.... at least when I did it. After visiting the Ardent, you are told to return to the Prophet.
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Part 4 is killing me. I cant find the NPC for the life of me. Any other hints. I'm going bonkers =]. I only see one Unredeemed mob in the area, and ist just a regular one. =/

Also, you say three Redeemed at Barter. There are actually four, the last beginning with the word Devoted (I lost the paper with his name).
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast