Thread: ALL dungeons in RK need lvl restrictions!!

Angry ALL dungeons in RK need lvl restrictions!!

Its pretty pathetic to see lvl 200 players take over dungeons such as SoM just because they want an easy out to get the parts for the Ergo quest.

There is lvl restrictions on some dungeons, Condemned Subway and ToTW to name two. I vote ALL of them should have them.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."

Question

If by SoM, you mean Steps of Madness... I thought the Steps of Madness were 30-50 level limited. How would 200 lvl chars get in there?

I am pretty sure any levels can get into Steps of madness, it is just designed for lvl 30-50.

What dungeons are there besides subway, TOTW, foremans, and SOM? Two of them are already locked to higher players and foremans has highish lvl loot in it (TIM). SOM doesnt get that much travel anyway due to the hard mobs for the intended levels. The only reason I would personally go in there is for neleb and to explore...

I really think that putting restrictions on all dungeons is a little over the edge just because some people want to do a quest a little easier. Give people some time to do the quest and SOM will probably be back to the way it used to be...

The problem isn't level restrictions on dungeons; it's putting in new quests that everyone has to do. Once the bulk of players have done the quests, it'll all return to to normal.
    Neala, Adventurer
    Iphimene, Bureaucrat
    Caelwynn, Meta-Physicist
    Unity of the Roses

Originally posted by Flitwik

What dungeons are there besides subway, TOTW, foremans, and SOM?
    There are 9 dungeons in RK. Supposedly SL will have 150?

Anyway for info the various ones in RK check them out here:
    AOStratics Guides
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Originally posted by Neala
    The problem isn't level restrictions on dungeons; it's putting in new quests that everyone has to do. Once the bulk of players have done the quests, it'll all return to to normal.
    No the problem is the lack of common courtesy among players. SoM is the only dungeon sort of appropriate for my level to solo, I still have a hard time there, and it never fails I'll be whacking away at one of the mobs and here comes this lvl 170+ Atrox "Whack, whack, whack..." he loots the mob runs on further into the dungeon. A few mins later here he comes back. Rinse and repeat.

FC can stop this by making all dungeons lvl restricted on RK. The high lvl players have dungeons they can get the quest items from but NO, thats too hard, takes too long, lets go gank the mobs from the lower lvl players in their dungeon.
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Steps of Madness has no level restrictions in place. Adding level caps to this dungeon would not be fair, because it contains a nodrop item that is (arguably) useful to players of any level: nelebs robe. If FC wanted to add level caps to SoM, they'd need to remove the NODROP flag, or provide high-level characters another means (another location?) to get said robe.

You can chalk this one up to poor quest implementation on FC's behalf. Every static dungeon has been camped since people wanted their rings, not just SoM.

Also, high-levels were not taking any 'easy way out' to get pieces for Ergo's ring quest. The parts were made available in static dungeons, so that's where people are going to go. No matter which one we choose, we're going to be faced with killing easily-overpowered grey mobs. This is because an appropriate-level static dungeon for level 200 players does not exist (the only exception would be Inner Sanctum... but there were no reports of ring-quest pieces dropping at this location).

As far as kill-stealing (attacking mobs that another player has engaged first) goes, I feel that this is rude behavior... in most situations. The majority of AO's playerbase would probably agree. However it is not illegal as per Funcom; this is how players compete for mobs that are universally deemed free-for-all.
    Lucas "Madhava" Graves || Gear
    Level 203 Chief of Staff Surgery
    Advisor of Synergy Factor

Chakra "Accessory" Red || Gear

Originally posted by Clearspirit
    No the problem is the lack of common courtesy among players.
    D'oh!

You're right.
    Neala, Adventurer
    Iphimene, Bureaucrat
    Caelwynn, Meta-Physicist
    Unity of the Roses