Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aelynns guide to the Shadows.

AO Shade = EQ Rogue
    will make a shade and a keeper if nothing else to try em out, sounds like the shade at least can be challenging(fun).

Ohh and a nice guide, thanks for making it.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Exclamation Specials:

If you maxout Piecring Mastery, Spirtit Phylacratry, Totemic Rites, Shade Touch and buy 3 points in Sublime Rapport you'll get 27! specials (Link) And add to that brawl, fast attack and sneak+backstab...

If your wrists and fingers can handle the stresses of swapping through 3 hotbars with specials, you can watch your opponent dissolve in a fine red mist
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Shade dimach progresses beyond 1000 skillb but it will not cycle faster.
    However seeing the gain from 600-900 skill(about 100dmg/60heal), i'm kind of dubious how much it will change past 1000 skill and if it's actually gonna be worth it.

Shade has little in common with the EQ rogue. Essentally the backstabs. Other than that shade can do much more , and EQ rogue can other things. I don't think you can compare between games really as rulesets and such are so very diffrent.

And indeed
    you will get some serious wrist stress trying to get them all off, found out if you use one hand to swap hotkeybars(shift+[1-0]) and click the specials with your mouse instead it's not quite so stressful on your wrists.
    Aelynn of the Shadows
    Pain so close to pleasure...

Get this stickied. Now

And to add to the discussion : not only do you get many, many specials, but these are most powerful if they are applied in a certain order, and are even more powerful when they are applied together with other professions perks (again, in a specific order).

I bet that there will soon be many guides on these subjects
    Stabdude Opifex Shade, Atlantean (and my new MAIN!) - native of the Shadowlands
    Slapster - Retired
    Retriever - Retired

This is it

Hugs, great guide, I'll read it properly later (kinda supposed to be working at the moment )

Also, bad luck guys, I have started a shade, and liked her last night (got to a whole level 2, I'm powerlevelling now!!) So it looks like you might be stuck with me round here

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

using piercing mastery attacks solo.

To use piercing mastery perk abilities when soloing, or if you just have aggro, theres a lil trick you can do to get them to reveal their back, run forward into the monster, and to the other side of it, than back step quickly back to where you were, hopefully than it has its back revealed and you should be mashing your stab button If it doesnt work keep trying, works for me always

Thumbs up

This thread deserves to be rooted.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Awesome guild with some excellent info--I especially like the color coding you did with the skills. I wish I had found something this percice, informative, and well layed out when I was first starting my agent almost two years ago (sure there were guides, but I really like how this one is arranged and how it focues on skills, explaining everything so well). It's just too bad that, as the leading contender for Keeper Professional, I must disavow any fraternization with shades due to the whole keeper vs shade rivalry (which I am in no way resposible for starting ).
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

I made a shade yesterday, and he is 20 now. Nice playing something new.

But i havent found any nice weps yet.

I'm using 2 ql14 Silvertail daggers, and they are great dmg for n00b lvls. But i'm starting to feel gimped with weps lower than my lvl.

I searched around for new piercing weps, but those i saw was sucky dmg, atleast half of dagger, compared to ql.
    I looked at ITD, might be nice, if you have a other wep with sneak attack. Blue Brawl, but i dont care, as long as i do dmg.
    would there be difference in special dmg / perk dmg, if i only use 1 wep with SA, instead of 2 ?

So.. Anyone know any good piercing dmg ?
    Powerbull Ganjidoc Marweloz Nukebull

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."
    Brendan Francis.

You should go with

a) Sigd
    b) Bronto Vet Lancet

probably in that order. Stay off piercing weapons with brawl requirements - as brawl is dark blue to the Shade.

They are only buyable off faction vendors. Those are vendors that look like normal monsters, but usually have names like

xxx-El of Protection

etc. There are faction vendors in atleast Ely and Scheol - but they can be a bit hard to find. I finally got my Shadowlands box today, so I'm gonna get online and get the exact coords for these later.

Not sure if there are Noob vendors in the Nascense playfields, but if there are, they are most probably in the temple locations to the extreme east and west of the playfield group (Unredeemed West(Frontier), Redeemed East(Swamp)).

The faction vendors only want to do business with people of Clan or Omni alignment (respectively for Redeemed and Unredeemed), I think, which is kinda weird since Shade starts off as Neutral, but anyways...
    Last edited by Stabdude; Sep 11th, 2003 at 12:18:54.
    Stabdude Opifex Shade, Atlantean (and my new MAIN!) - native of the Shadowlands
    Slapster - Retired
    Retriever - Retired

This is it

Tnxx, good to hear i'm not stuck with crap

Going clan, and trying to find the vendors you described
    Powerbull Ganjidoc Marweloz Nukebull

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."
    Brendan Francis.

since we started neutral...when do shades get to pick sides? and how?

great post btw

Get some faction with the appropiate side, buy an application form, and use it.
    Aelynn of the Shadows

Thumbs up Thank you!

Great guide! I made my Shade, killed a few coilers, then realized I had absolutely no idea what nanoskills and weapon skills Shades use. So I ran over to the forums, hoping some helpful soul might have posted a little info. Even better, I found your guide.
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

Aelynn for Shade Professional!
    Yagyu for life

So far as a lvl 20 shade i experience soloing as no problem yet
    In Rubi-Ka i'm a very damaging creature in solo missions

many thanks to Aelynn for the great guide.

i'm a casual player, so the less time, perk points, credits, etc., that i waste down the wrong road the better. two years on AO and my NT has yet to break L100. VERY casual.

again, THANKS TO AELYNN!!!

p.s. i made the effort to leave out the l337... uh, i mean *leet* stuff. need to practice in case i ever hafta /tell ya someday.
    -=::::::::: Kaghe Shade :::::::::=-
    -=::::::::: Korash Fixer ::::::::::=-
    -=:: Korant MP Meta-physicist ::=-
    -=::: Korant Nano Technician :::=-
    -=::::: All living on Rimor ::::::=-

Updated the perk section. Contained a small error. Had listed all shade perks under piercing which is not true, Shade Touch is based on Martial Arts.

and did some minor touch ups to the perk section.
    Last edited by Aelynn; Sep 21st, 2003 at 16:43:00.
    Aelynn of the Shadows

Argh, stupid brain.

Alright, now I'm beginning to get a little confused. Shades have 2 types of Nanos. Are they all sold in the IPS? I got my NCU tinkered with at the IPS, then bought nanos from the Shade there. Are there some I'm missing out on, or am I alright for now? Currently level 16, with a Zombie Slap, Ritualistic Touch, and ye olde Whetstone Effect. If there's some quest I should be doing, can someone point me to a thread about it?

Thanks!
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

shameless plug before I go off on holiday for a week

Check out the website in my sig Vivaryn

Regards, SG
    =============
    AO Shades, a website for all shady characters

Saipo - lvl 200 MA
    Greyman - Agent
    Shadedgrey - A shade of course!
    =============

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast