Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobe Community Denies Conflict Allegiance

Accully maybe I used the wrong wording but by clans, I ment guilds, and honestly I dont care if they side with claners or omni, but JAME should not be charging taxes to either side, if you notice, they are not charging neut's a tax, just omni and clan, does that mean JAME is neutral, yeah apprently thats the case, but charging a tax without any of mine goverment "Clans" or "Omni" with their own representation I feel a tax is wrong, and very unjust tax, if omni want to pay it go ahead, I know all omni's are very rich with very fancy high paying jobs, but us clanners are too busy killing leets for peices of mobs making our living and taxes take away from our very hard earned credits, + whatever else the tax might be, I have a feeling its not just a credits, we will see....

I want to know who is really backing JAME tho, it seems a very expensive endevor to make a portal to another world, there must be someone behind the portals in the first place, and placing a tax on ppl going through it for upkeep and maintnaince seems weird.
    Ryokucha First Gimped Novice 220 Adv.... Leets are people too!!!
    Ryokibin 220 MA - Dreams are short, but nightmares last forever...
    Ryochi 215 doc - Just another gimped healpet! :P
    Ryomeiji 205 MP - Healpet/Dmg pet/mezpet, what more could a girl ever want? MORE!
    Ryosekushi 213 Trader - Huh?!? Who?!? What?!? ahhhh...

Eternal Fury Forums

Originally posted by NT ~ Culann

Did it ever occur to you chummer, that if Jobe can pretty much ignore Omni-Tek? "Off-world forces?" Laughable since Jobe could conceivably open a portal and drop a few dirty planetbuster nukes right on Omni-Prime. Bummer for OT's stock at that point.

You ever wonder what happens when someone dies, and has reclaim insurance but no where to go cause the reclaim center is so much glowing blue slag that it makes daylight look like a chemical lightstick?

Jobe has the final, irrevocable power, and OT is running scared like a Terran rabbit before the Hound (smirks to himself at the inside joke), because OT knows this could be the end, plain out, straight up, game over.

The portal needs to remain free of faction control, taxation is fine so long as Omni chokes on it just like the clans do.

-Culann
    I hate to point this out Billy, but Jobe is inahabited by humans, not Gods. They may be able to build and operate a basic quantum field within a notum-rich environment on an already weak point in space-time. But I doubt a single city can survive more than thirty seconds against the wrath of an irked hyper-corporation.
    I never lost a patient I liked

Originally posted by KingLinux

I hate to point this out Billy, but Jobe is inahabited by humans, not Gods. They may be able to build and operate a basic quantum field within a notum-rich environment on an already weak point in space-time. But I doubt a single city can survive more than thirty seconds against the wrath of an irked hyper-corporation.
    Well my short-IQed friend..think past the mental blinders your grey matter cringes under for a moment about what I just said. Jobe is inhabited by humans, yes..but...If this "basic quantum field within a notum rich environment" is so basic, why didn't Omni-Tek already do it? Answer is simple clueless, it's not 'basic' This is advanced technolgoy that OT has already publically announced it wants.

As for cities surviving..let me present to you...Tir. West Athens. Old Athens. And you are telling me the clans haven't irked Omni-Tek enough? Laughable. Please, use a intelligence boost if you want to consider this conversation..your entire subjective babble has factual data against it on every level. The clans still have our cities..and we will _continue_ to have our cities as well.

JAME already seemed well satisfied they can defend themselves in Jobe against OT from the news reports..so once again, we'll go through this slowly for you since something just doesn't seem to be sinking in..

JAME maintains a stable front to keep the portal safe here on RK. I'm guessing the clans would be more than happy to help.

They acquire by their own means, dirty nukes with enough megaton capacity to level large portions of a continent. Of course this is a option..they could also go with hyperspatial or antimatter nukes as well.

By using star charts, spatial constellation navigation and other general intersellar data, they plot the location of Omni Prime, Omni-Tek's home base.

They open this "basic quantum field" and deliver a payload of armed, short timered nukes through the portal to Omni Prime, then quite simply close it behind them.

OTRK finds it has no backing...because well the corporate HQ is a cinder..and I hate to say it..but history shows the clans slaughtered OT in the past, two seperate occasions. And my dimwitted friend if you look around, the ongoing Notum Wars and the inability of OT to maintain a high level rig, shows the truth of the situation.

With no one to back you here, and likely faced with JAME/Jobe on one side, and the clans all pissed to hell and back on the other..can you say rock and hard spot? I knew you could. Just stop drooling.

As you so well put, Omni-Tek is a hyper-corporation..not immortal, not omnipotent, and certainly not immune to unconventional and advanced technology used for warfare.

Again, this portal needs to remain free of Omni-Tek, so that anyone may use it freely, regardless of faction.
    Last edited by NT ~ Culann; Sep 9th, 2003 at 13:24:53.
    "Power...is living in a sea of information, directing and manipulating the flows so that the end result is a escalation of one's authority, one's reputation for knowledge, and one's ability to get things done in a timely and businesslike fashion."

It's nice to see that whatever's masquerading as the Clan Education System hasn't skimped on those essential basics, insipid insults and arrogance. Still, your history and academia could use a little work.

All the clans have ever fought is Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka. A single branch of the galaxy-spanning giant that is Omni-Tek, allow me to break it down into terms you can comprehend. Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka is an individual clan member; Omni-tek is the clans. A single clanner can't do much, but together all the clans can pillage, destroy and steal to their heart's content. Get it now?

No? Okay, I'll try again. Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka is part of Omni-Tek, yet they are separate entities with, often, separate agendas. Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka is concerned with mining out notum, that's how it reaps its dividends. Omni-Tek is only interested in distributing it to the rest of the universe (where the real profit lies) and, as long as output stays high, they don't particularly care who does the mining. Ironically, while you think you're hurting the corporation by destroying its towers, as long as you erect your own (which you inevitably will, mammon drives you as it does us all) the corporation only profits. I see you finally have the gist, so I'll move onto your next point.

So, why haven't Omni moved to take back Athen and wipe out Tir? There are many reasons. The corporate Wars, ICC rulings, the lease on Rubi-Ka and the fact that the corporation REALLY doesn't like fighting. War is expensive in both people and credits, off-world you only get one death, and the corporation is only that, a business. We don't rally behind any ideology other than its good to be rich and happy, and to use that wealth and happiness to fund ventures that make us more wealthy and happy. As soon as you clanners stop deceiving yourselves into thinking you're obeying some long-dead rhetoric from a group of mistreated menial workers and look around at the selfish, angry and deluded people you've become, the sooner we'll all be happy and stop throwing credits into this vortex of conflict.
    If the Omni-Prime was ever motivated enough to launch a full assault on the rebel factions here on Rubi-Ka your 'cities' would be gone in a nanosecond, and in their place scorched and irradiated land. The death toll would be huge, vast tracts of notum-rich land unmineable, the ICC beside itself with rage and the lease on Rubi-Ka probably terminated. Omni-Tek's not going to shoot itself in the foot to cure an itch, no matter how boisterous and self-important that itch becomes.

Again I must state, the Jobians are humans, people, Ex-Omni employees. They may be brilliant thinkers, but they're no soldiers. Jobe lacks the materials and expertise to build trans-atmospheric weaponry, seeing as Omni-Tek is the only importer to Rubi-Ka and a smuggler wouldn't be suicidal enough to try and get planet-busting materials out of his door, let alone to a floating city.
    Oh, and as for your idea that there's even the capability to warp anything within fifty light years of Omni-Prime? HAH! Do you think that they learnt NOTHING from the corporate wars? Don't you think Sol would have LOVED to warp something big and lethal into low-altitude over Omni:AF HQ? The place is surrounded by space and sub-space disruptors, Omni-Engineering has some of its best quantum physicists maintaining and upgrading a defence array so large and intricate it makes the average revolving cold-laser look like a wooden sword. Do remember there are finer minds than Jobe's out there; they just don't have the benefit of living in a notum saturated atmosphere that can support nanotechnology.

As for your claim that the technology's not 'Basic' Well, I suggest you grab a textbook not written in crayon, pull your eyes away from your neighbour’s ass and learn something, namely that Interdimensional portals are reasonably easy to build. The only spin on it is that JAME seem to have figured out how to utilise the stabilising effects of notum to keep the damn thing open for more than a universal tick.

So, my dear petulant friend. What makes you think JAME would aid the clans? Last time I checked it was Omni who trained the founders, Omni who funds them and Omni incorporates Jobe's research into existing technology. Jobe is another Omni department in everything but name. Without Omni support Jobe would come crashing to ground, literally and metaphorically, we support than and reap the benefits.

I do hope you'll muse on what I've said. And with any luck I'll meet you in Rome Park, bathed and neatly dressed, on your way to yet another day of happy employment.
    I never lost a patient I liked

Originally posted by Viss88

I would like to see this portal 'as free as possible' for use of all the citizens of Rubi-Ka, but simply 'free' would be nothing but thievery from the scientists of Jobe, and Omni-Tek, whom financed most everything involved. Should those not pay for the use of what is not theirs, as we all pay for everything else in life?

I detect a kind soul in you; is this why you've joined the Clans? Do not believe their words; they have propagandized their latent ill-intent and lust for Omni-Tek's power, and have fooled millions into following their horrible and lawless agenda. Are you familiar with the ancient writings of the Prophet Orwell? Some citizens of Rubi-Ka are "...more equal than others". Leave their bloodlust! Omni Applications are sold in the shop!

Omni-Tek has helped bring all the people of Rubi-Ka the wonderful and free Grid system, and the Whom-pah used by billions every day. Join the ranks of Omni-Tek, and put your goodwill to proper use!

Warmest Regards, Citizen!
    Lawless agenda? Omni infects new worlds like a plague. Destroying the land, squandering away the natural resources to line it's own pockets. All that will remain is an empty shell. A ghost of what used to be.

Don't let Omni poison your minds, with talk of what good they have accomplished for the citizens of Rubi-ka. Omni has no compassion for us. They have no qualms about decimating anyone, and anything that stands for a free Rubi-ka. A free Rubi-ka is a threat to their way of life!

You may call it bloodlust, i call it revolution. I would rather die as a free man than live as a slave.
    hmm... that's funny...i see your mouth moving, but all i can hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH -Coldsilence

You will never see me, but my caterwaul will let u know i was there. -Coldsilence

Talking Punctuations

Originally posted by Viss88

Be sure to be punctual. And use punctuation (signature) =P

See you there

Regards,

-Omni Scum

PS., It's "Lather, rinse, repeat", Clanner
    Well uhm i suck at that.... So you will just have to live without
    /tell Caide in-game

Tax? I am neutral, what tax? *giggle*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

rhetoric from a group of mistreated menial workers and look around at the selfish,

I wonder, is it possible for either side to make statements about either side without the backhanded insults and personal attacks on individuals? I am happy that you Kinglinux are not a member of any negotiation efforts, whatever else you may have said I don't know, since I stopped reading after this comment.

As to the tax/fee. I not much interested in the term used, to me we are splitting things a bit to fine. As long as the portal is open to everyone (fee or no fee) Im happy with that.

Niether side has a 'Claim' to the portal. This idea that the research was funded by Omni-Tek...I'd like a bit more proof than what has been presented so far.

Hopefully war has been avoided with the JAME announcment. I await offical Omni-Tek response with baited breath....
    Last edited by Crimsonfyre; Sep 19th, 2003 at 11:35:12.
    Speed kills ..... you

Originally posted by KingLinux
    Again I must state, the Jobians are humans, people, Ex-Omni employees. They may be brilliant thinkers, but they're no soldiers. Jobe lacks the materials and expertise to build trans-atmospheric weaponry, seeing as Omni-Tek is the only importer to Rubi-Ka and a smuggler wouldn't be suicidal enough to try and get planet-busting materials out of his door, let alone to a floating city.
    I agree and what I would like to know is where JAME is receiving the funding to be able to wave such a big stick in the air. Tourism and bridge tolls alone can't support a war especially when shopping is restricted to only a few locations. Perhaps JAME should be investigated for shaking down the Yuttos and charging them "protection" money.
    Last edited by Nevver; Sep 19th, 2003 at 12:22:16.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12