Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol soldiers

Pistol soldiers

Noticed jpgpp has dropped in price from 350m to 50ish .... does this mean pistol soldiers no longer cutting it in terms of pvm DD? If you could rank 'em ...
    1. shades
    2. Ma?
    3. Melee adv's or keepers?
    4. im assuming pistol soldiers still do as well as ranged advies in pvm?

it was never 350m but about 90m....
    but yes dshark and ofab mk 6 now are much better for pvp

pistols still are probably second highest dd next to shade though

was 350 in rk1 ... sold one for that much ... thanks for the clarification re DD though

Pistols are higher dd than ofab shark 6? hmmm... I find that hard to believe.

Maybe pistol is getting comparable or slighty higher, but now the difference is too tiny to bother cripple pvp abilities for it. Smg have increases but still a loss for little to no reward today.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by enfy View Post
    Noticed jpgpp has dropped in price from 350m to 50ish .... does this mean pistol soldiers no longer cutting it in terms of pvm DD? If you could rank 'em ...
    1. shades
    2. Ma?
    if you take a pure PVM DD exercise...such as Pande...actually you will see SMG pistol folks at the top, followed by a crowd of shades/advy/MA even some keepers and some top notch AR soldiers too.

Thing is, what do you want to be in [your AO] life...number one in DD in pande..or be an accomplished PVPer/allaround PVMer/tank even.

Quote Originally Posted by enfy View Post
    1. shades
    2. Ma?
    a good pistol soldier goes with
    0. soldier
    1. shade
    ◄ Ajukusoja 220/30 | Stabby 220/24 ►
    ◄ Peyotes 165/14 | Sekacha 150/19 ►
    [All Retired]

Pay attention to the HC/APF DD lists...lots of AR sols up there.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

thats becouse there are not much pistol solds left lately :P
    ◄ Ajukusoja 220/30 | Stabby 220/24 ►
    ◄ Peyotes 165/14 | Sekacha 150/19 ►
    [All Retired]

Pistol soldiers...? Ummmm that's like so 2006...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

I just came back to the game, left right after LE, pistol soldier for life (I have RE maxed and perked too, so it's not like I have no pvp option)

Got a lot of work to do collecting Alb and Dread phats, etc, doing research and finishing off AI30, and i'm gonna save up for an RBP somehow too.

We'll see how it turns out, but i'm optimistic for the moment.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Again, unless you go 100% dd you can go around without rbp and go ofab for 5% reflect among other buffs.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    I just came back to the game, left right after LE, pistol soldier for life (I have RE maxed and perked too, so it's not like I have no pvp option)

Got a lot of work to do collecting Alb and Dread phats, etc, doing research and finishing off AI30, and i'm gonna save up for an RBP somehow too.

We'll see how it turns out, but i'm optimistic for the moment.
    welcome back to game Azza..here's a Pistol soldier that will OD pretty much everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    welcome back to game Azza..here's a Pistol soldier that will OD pretty much everyone.
    Thank you

WTB galactic burning plasma (will trade for 100 silent killer, lmao)!

A good shade will od a good soldier any day in Pande. As will a good PvM MA. Use the word uber if you prefer. Well, depends on raidforce ofc. Not talking 50+ man zerg here, but raids of 12-20 ppl or so.
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

Thank you

WTB galactic burning plasma (will trade for 100 silent killer, lmao)!
    Oh i'm longing for those too, since i'm fully pvm atm.
    Btw, to share my experience as a "Pistol soldja":

Pande/SL you'll odd every mk6 (and ofc d-shark) user easily, @ Aliens they'll come a bit closer but won't touch ya.
    RBP/DB Chest/E-Gloves/CC 4 teh win

Quote Originally Posted by Satanic View Post
    Oh i'm longing for those too, since i'm fully pvm atm.
    Btw, to share my experience as a "Pistol soldja":

Pande/SL you'll odd every mk6 (and ofc d-shark) user easily, @ Aliens they'll come a bit closer but won't touch ya.
    RBP/DB Chest/E-Gloves/CC 4 teh win
    1% crit is worth 10 damage, tops, as a pistol soldier, so I can't see a reason to drop dchest for DB.

1% crit is worth 10 damage, tops, as a pistol soldier, so I can't see a reason to drop dchest for DB.
    25 Str/Stam (Trickledown FA)
    500 HP
    500 Nano
    2k AC

Surely dmg-wise the dchest is still a lil bit better, but DB has got some extra stats.

The DB stuff is Awesome for people who dont have the millions for other stuff. Its on par or just ever so slightly below in DD regards, but has other great stats. The +dmg will be better for Alpha contests, but for overall DD on longer fights the DB is very VERY nice.

You could use Chest, Legs, Boots, and both Sleeves and be very well off DD wise, and be able to self buff just about every nano. Not to mention it looks good when in a full set, as completed it shows as a full coat with sleeves. (while with just legs or chest it may look a little odd)

I dont really agree with the Pistol soldier comment being so much ahead of Shark, for kicks I put together a +805dmg setup for the freekin Dshark (not counting nanos or perks) Its kinda insane.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause
    I put together a +805dmg setup for the freekin Dshark (not counting nanos or perks) Its kinda insane.
    Oh please, do share
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast