Thread: >> How was you lag today in BS Home ? <<

>> How was you lag today in BS Home ? <<

BS HOME Lagometer for yesterday : (OOOO*)

Just reminding the Lagometer scale here :

(*****) Full frame speed no disconnection (Quake I with a GeF III)
    (O****) Some slugginess, frame speed dropping slightly.
    (OO***) Starting to take time for zoning, lag issues : ppl pop in and out of your visual field. You walk slower.
    (OOO**) Lag is here. You may not zone and may crash. You plan how you will be moving to avoid unecessary system halt.
    (OOOO*) You cannot really move. You are disconnect every 15 min, don't try to zone you'll crash.
    (OOOOO) You fail being able to connect. Connection average duration = 15 sec.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Usually, (O****).

I have yet to crash/disconnect for the first time in BS

We are speaking of the Home city of BS where you have no lag issue ? That's right ?
    Now please, do tell us about your secret, because, well somehow I don't believe you.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I think I've broken your scale..

(OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--)

BS HOME Lagometer for yesterday : (OOOOO)

All team mates crashed and eventually we were not able to log back for 30 min.

Today...

Home (OOOOO)

20K (OOO**)

Had to get an ARK to warp me out. I told him they must have a full time job warping ppl out of places like home and 20k, and he said only 1-2 an hour.

Thats weird considering the people i team with (and me) regularly crash and cant log back on without help.
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    We are speaking of the Home city of BS where you have no lag issue ? That's right ?
    Now please, do tell us about your secret, because, well somehow I don't believe you.
    Secret ? Dunno hehe... maybe the 10mbit net connection or the GeForce3 helps.... or, more likely, the fact that I play on RK2. Although I hear others there complaining about lag, too.

Originally posted by reality
    more likely, the fact that I play on RK2.
    Ahahahahahahahahaha... yes, I think that RK2 is the answer.

Yesterday night was (OOOOO) with GeForce3, ping 135 on DSL and 512 Mo RAM with a PIII 1,8GhZ.

Will I dare say this is server side problems ? Well yes.
    I wasn't able to reconnect for 30 min after crashing in BS. The area temple being the worst. Had to petition with Gummiz for Tiberi to be relocated elsewhere ...

If there is no rapid harware upgrade, at least some more save points should be added, away from grid entrance and temple stairs.
    But I think that having 50 ppl on screen shouldn't crash my connection anyway.

(OOOO*)

Isn't it the protocol funcom's using that's the problem here, ultimately? From what I understand, they're using regular tcp packets, meaning there's error correction, crc, resending of packets, etc, going on, which creates a lot more processing load on the server... at least, I would assume that standard packets are more demanding than streaming UDP packets, which basically is more of a "get there if you get there" mentality...

At least, that's the way I understand it... I hate to say this, but look at Everquest... 3 years old now? And you can be in the midst of 100 people and only experience the rendering lag on your system's side of things...

Perhaps Funcom needs to take a look at the way other people are doing things. I know that even when there's 30 people in the same area in AO, things start lagging (and not hardware/rendering... I have the horsepower)...

New games *should* be a step forward, not 2 steps backwards.
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

My system runs AO like crap.

I very very rarely if ever got DC in Home.

WAY WAY WAY overrated issue.

And for the last time, it's NOT NETWORK LAG
    IT'S PC HARDWARE/TEXTURE RENDERING "LAG"
    sdkldslkalkdsalkdsaldlas'ds
    ;dfgl;fldg;l
    fdgf;gfd
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    quite simple he plays on rk2

Yep on rk2 at anyone time there are probably only about 300 at most 50 atleast in BS home at any one time(including people in missions)

the 100+ people hanging around tir grid and omni trade grid was enough to send me packing from rk1 i can't imagine how many people are in BS home

even then we are usually at (OO***) though

simple solution would be add grid points to TLR, SFH/belial forest and to pleasent meadows/milky way for clanners. I don't know where the omnis normally roll their missions. Really though i sit at tir and realize the only missions which are readily accessible to me are in BS.

pleasent meadows/milky way and SFH/belial forest are out of the question when rolling missions because i'd have to fly through omni trade which if i encounter bad lag can mean death before i am done zoning or taking a very long route around. And TLR is a 10 minute flight from athen and 1/2 the time they end up as non-human mobs which are way too over powered for a soloing engie like myself.

So i am left with BS. thank godness i don't play on rk1.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; Apr 1st, 2002 at 09:29:30.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

home = (000***)
    20k = (000000)

dunno y but i dont lag so bad at home i crash on average once every 40mins but....
    20k on the other hand if i even go within 2 map pages of the place i crash....
    I am a Pacman Ghost.

I like to hang around with friends, chatting, dancing, all that sort of thing. We don't appreciate outsiders, and do our best to discourage others approaching us. I enjoy occasionally wandering around randomly, and often find that when I do so, I get to where I wanted to be.

I taste of Death.

Doesn't everyone want a taste of death? Well they should. Most people deserve death. Keep away from me unless you think you're better than that. I probably won't like you.

Cpl. Damon "Moodyman" Kozar
    RSGE Division 9
    "Go For the Eyes Boo!!"
    Moodyman - 3rd Mp and last (i hope)
    lilmoody - everyone needs a break...

Originally posted by MiKEBoND

;dfgl;fldg;l
    fdgf;gfd
    It's true, AO eats ALL of your resources when rendering...it's so bad that the cpu doesn't have enough cycles left to keep the modem/network running (very bad news for win modems). It doesn't matter how powerful a comp you have as it is just poorly written code.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND

;dfgl;fldg;l
    fdgf;gfd
    With a Ge3, 512 Mo, DSL and a PIII 1.8 MhZ it's barely hardware rendering.

When my lagometer jump from ping 150 to ping 2800 and more, I put aside rendering and RAM problems.

When my whole team and 12 peeps in my guild crash at the same time in the same zone, when we can only log back 15 min later, some rational doubts exist.

When the whole server is unable to log in Tir at rush hour, my ISP is not in cause.

When more and more ppl have synchro problems (you know not able to see ppl move, being unable to sit or cast nanos, just having chat running) somehow we can see the smoke getting out of the server.

What do you think ?

Don't think RK2 is the savior...it's not.

Trade, Home, 20k are just as bad.

Hell, I can't even play tonight since everytime I zone, I freeze, then crash.

Here is a solution

Make the place 25 %. People would have to go all over RUbika again to see new places and kill some foreign (Non BS Home) monsters.

Can't believe the monsters in the mission place doesn't revolt and make a furious attack of all the people who are standing around the save spot.

Would make some sense, but not likely.

- Kairalaa

Post How is my lag almost _everyday_ in BS Home

(OOO**), Monday, Tuesday, We......and so on.

Hell, I like that AO is "turn-based" in BS
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

True, RK2 isn't the savior.... my teammates go linkdead all the time. Mission completed, zone out, bang, 1 or 2 ld. I don't understand why, but I NEVER go linkdead there. I can always move. If 50 people are standing around of course my PC will have to load textures for a little while, but that never causes any problems.