Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross addresses OMNI-TEK Leaders

Post Ross addresses OMNI-TEK Leaders

Ross addresses OMNI-TEK Leaders
    Editor in Chief Raginar, OTPC

Today, among OMNI Armed Forces security in Rome, Phillip Ross addressed OMNI-TEK leaders. “Like the pioneers of old, new pioneers are moving as we speak to the city of Jobe to ensure that again OMNI-TEK may continue its unending quest…” said Ross before ordering all OMNI-TEK employees to assist in a battle being waged outside Home.

Security was out in force, the size of which has rarely been seen, today as Rome Red District was secured for the CEO’s address. Immediately following an announcement to Omni faction leaders, Red District went to an Alpha-1 security state and fell under complete military control. As all points of access were controlled, OMNI-AF support soldiers armed with Hellspinner Shock Cannons were stationed en masse across the park and at entrances. The soldiers were supplemented by the heavy-duty firepower of automated Umpire Opressor Mk III cannons and Slayerdroids, some hidden in statues and shrubs.

Ross began his address with a tribute to past explorers and pioneers--his central theme throughout the speech. “All that you see around you we built in those 775 years, something that happened through the blood, sweat and tears of men…” he stated, then went on to honor such notable names as Captain Yves Boulez and Min-Ji Liu, the first human to set foot on Rubi-Ka.

As he continued, he spoke of OMNI-TEK and mankind taking the first “…step out of the old and into the new; again, leaving an age behind.” He then spoke of a new group of pioneers that were moving to the city of Jobe to ensure that OMNI-TEK continues on its path.

For a brief moment, the speculation rose that Ross was caught in the moment of OMNI-TEK’s glory as he fixed his eyes on a point in the distance and apparently spoke to himself in deep thought.

From this reporter’s perspective in the crowd, I couldn’t help but hear someone speak "I am the ages. I have been here forever and guided you to this place." While it was unclear where this voice came from, it was very evident that Ross had heard it too. As Ross began to reply to this proclamation, an aide rushed to his side and whispered in his ear.

After a brief consultation with the employee, Ross turned his eyes back to the crowd and shared his knowledge- “Fellow employees, during this speech, a force from Omni-Tek Armed Forces moved towards Jobe to put force behind our claim on the portal. They are under attack.”

Almost immediately, anger spread through the crowd and calls for battle were heard. Ross went on to say that the reactionary forces who threatened the peaceful OMNI-TEK exploration were driven by these so-called 'visions' that citizens were reported to have seen.

After confessing that his order must be “clear” and “decisive” in such circumstances, Ross ordered all OMNI-TEK employees in attendance to assist OMNI-AF forces in protecting the party in Broken Shores.

Ross made hasty leave to command his corporation as a column of OMNI-AF soldiers led other OMNI-TEK employees into the Whompa to Broken Shores.

Below is a complete transcript of the Ross Planetfall Address:

Citizens of Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek Employees welcome.

First I want to thank everyone that helped defend this part of the city yesterday during the incidents that prevented me from meeting you then.
    I am also informed by Omni-Tek departments that the investigation into the recent 'visions' that some employees have had is moving forward.

Now let that matter wait, we're here to honor Planetfall day, even if we this year are a few days delayed.

Many long years ago our forefathers touched upon destiny when they made Planetfall upon this planet.A moment in history, when we stepped out from the old and into the new, leaving an age behind us. A moment and when the soul of mankind, long suppressed, finds utterance.

That moment was 775 years ago when the first brave pioneers set foot upon OT3934-12; the planet we now know as Rubi-ka. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we make the pledge of dedication to Omni-Tek, her employees and to the still larger cause of humanity. At the dawn of its colonization of Rubi-ka, Omni-Tek started on it's unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with the striving and grandeur of her success and her failures.

Through good and ill fortune alike we have never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave it strength. All that you see around you we built in those 775 years, something that happened through blood, sweat and tears of men...

Nay, heroes we must not forget.

Let us remember the crew of Captain Yves Boulez who first arrived in this solar system...

Let us remember Min-Ji Liu, the first human to ever set foot on Rubi-Ka's soil...

Let us remember the pioneers who soon would follow them and disappear...

Let us remember those who stood at the dawn of this planet's history, filled with vision to become what we are today.

The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, compared to the greater triumphs and achievements that awaited us then. Nevertheless, the past is over and it is the future that beckons to us now. That future is not one of ease or resting but of incessant striving so that we might fulfill the pledges we have so often taken and the one we shall take today.

As all of you have heard, through wisdom and hard work, mankind has yet taken the step to a new future, and perhaps a new tomorrow. Again, after 775 years mankind will step out of the old and into the new; again, leaving an age behind.

Like the pioneers of old, new pioneers are moving as we speak to the the city of JOBE to ensure that again OMNI-TEK may continue it's unending quest, for endless trackless centuries to come. Let this day be remembered not just as the day we made Planetfall, but also made the first steps to c.....

------------------------------------------------------------
    [Ross looks past the crowd, as if caught in deep thought]

What do you mean by if we leave this unanswered our destiny will be forfeited?
    Who are you?
    What?
    They will receive aid
    Tell me who you are, this is...
    But then you are...

------------------------------------------------------------
    [An aide runs to Ross and whispers in his ear, silent to the crowd]

Understood. Yes. You may go.

Fellow employees, during this speech, a force from Omni-Tek Armed Forces moved towards Jobe to put force behind our claim on the portal.
    They are under attack.

Driven by these...'visions'...reactionary forces have attacked. Therefore my order must be clear.

Decisive.

I give the Omni-Tek armed forces...No.

All Omni-Tek Employees present the order to go to aid them.

That is all. I thank you.

Indeed a day to remember. I am sure even in 1 year people will still remember this day as the one where they met Phillip Ross in person. Great article
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Unhappy

Originally posted by Meister
    Indeed a day to remember. I am sure even in 1 year people will still remember this day as the one where they met Phillip Ross in person. Great article

God i wish I could have been there!
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

It was a nice event. Many people were tired of waiting 2+ hours for him to show up though. I wanted 3+.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Grr, I tried to attend but the er.. notum fields were uncooperative. :/
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

It seems all Omni-Tek employees now have a clear and valid statement from our employer as to what must be done.

I will obey President Ross and pledge the support of Division 9 RSGE to any duties he may ask of us in the future.

(and yes, it was an event that only happens rarely. I, for one, am glad that I was able to attend.)
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

Yes, The Clan forces pused back the OmniTek, and I was among those who remained behind to make sure no Omni were left.

I beleive Mr. Ross will soon be eating that amount of money used to fund portal research. And I will make sure I am the one feeding it to him.

That portal belongs to no one. Not the Clans, Not to Omni-Tek. It should be free for all. Just like this planet should be.

Free Rubi-Ka, and Free Jobe. Long live the Fighters!!!

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

If you all only knew....and remembered....
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

You have failed us.

"They were too many, Master." A death, a blow through the heart, but Akaran did not awaken at the reclaim. He was somewhere else...somewhere new. A garden, it felt like. "The Clans, they..."

The Clans? So...our ancient enemies intervene in your world as well as ours.

"Master, let me try again! I can still attune myself! I can still..."

It is too late. But perhaps it will not be necessary. You will still be able to enter the portal and perform the necessary tasks in the Shadowlands. The onset of your powers will be delayed, but so be it.

"What am I to do until then?"

Be reborn on Rubi-Ka. Serve Omni-Tek as thy will. When the Shadowlands are open, and the way is prepared for you, then shall glory be granted unto thee, Chosen. Now return to life, and let your waking mind know not what you have been told in these lands.

A cloud of bluish particles surrounded him, and Akaran found himself standing before a reclaim terminal, knowing only of the sensation of passing time that death on this world so often brings.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Unhappy ...

*Sight*

I missed it! I always miss the events!
    "The Noid" Annoying RK1 Clanners since '05
    Main: Jozephina "Emilin" Inx 220/22 - Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust - A metaphor will never trust
    Alt: Josken "Nixix" Inx 127/12- Obliverate, dominate, self-destruct and activate
    Alt: Front "Lines" Assembly 60/6- Praise me in the name of War, I destroy both rich and poor

{Moderator: Contribution value = 0}
    Last edited by Cz; Sep 6th, 2003 at 13:15:01.

look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bla bla bla bla blalbalbalba blablabla blabla bla BLA BLABLA bla ballbabla... the rest of this speach has been interruptyed by a timely war...
    "if you taste gun oil, it's probably because i've just blown the back of your head off"

::Posted anonymously from a remote communications terminal in the Newland Desert::

All this soulless organization stands for is the power of human and atrox greed. There is no "higher purpose" other than that of filling the higher-up's pockets with notum.

"Omni-Tek's unending quest"? To subvert, dominate, control, use.

This war is nothing other than a neverending show of military penis size between that fool Ross and his counterpart in the Clans, Radiman.
    -aka Xolaz, Omni-Tek InternOps [double-]Agent est. 2001 (as Xola, *no longer have login*), RK1 (Xola on RK2)
    -Lillitu, Nanotrix, RK1

[OOC
    Ok I'm really upset I missed this, I was paying attention to the reports but I must have missed something. Could I ask how did people know to be in Rome, when was a time specified, and did this happen on RK1 only, if not did it happen on RK2 at the same time.

Dammit]
    Vedanthi Urdth Tskalt the Norn Sisters.
    Nullprogram Kreuzritter Voluspa the Others.

haha fixerben, well you may have won then but it shows how weak clan are. umm let me see 30 clanners and 3 omni, yeh and only just holding us off, great victory, haha

Originally posted by SM
    [OOC
    Ok I'm really upset I missed this, I was paying attention to the reports but I must have missed something. Could I ask how did people know to be in Rome, when was a time specified, and did this happen on RK1 only, if not did it happen on RK2 at the same time.

Dammit]
    [OOC]
    It happened on RK2 on thursday during european prime-time (about an hour or 2 after the servers came back up)
    Think RK1 it was postponed due to the chatserver going belly-up.

-Breyd

-::Captain McClymonds::-, here are your orders:
    Recently, A force of Omni-TeK AF assulted the Jobe Portal and were repulsed. Although we are unsure of the status of the Jobe Portal, Intel. suggests that the portal will soon be opened to all citizens of Rubi-Ka. Your task is to explore the new areas opened to the clans by this portal, and report to us the possibilities of land control inside the portal. Do not let the Omnis gain a foothold inside the portal as they so desperately desire. Other operatives will be sure to assist you. -End Transmission-

Thomas McClymonds slowly pulled himself up from the reclaim terminal a short walk away from the Temple of Three winds after an unsuccessful attempt at passing through Omni Entertainment. These new orders puzzled him- He had never been assigned to anywhere before, and wondered what his commander needed of him. Only recently had this mysterious voice begun talking to him, impersonating the image of his previous commander to give directions and advice on the proper cource of action. Exiled from his unit, and alone in the desert, he began the pre flight prep for his Yalmaha, and set a course for Tir. Only time would give him the answers he was searching for.

if he got in yalm before rezz, he'd be stuck in it cos of yalm bug

i was at the event thingy, and after it i thought BS was a completely lagless place................. i cudnt even cast programs.. and people appeared and disapeared... its the thought that counts?
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

So, as well as listening to him womble on about Jobe, did anyone actually bother to ask him where he'd been hiding?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

NPC, i asked him things, others did, he didbt answer
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast