Thread: Warning to Clan Sentinels

Warning to Clan Sentinels

Too long have we let you get away with your oppressive, dictatorial, and maniacal ways inspired by Omni-Tek. You seem to think because you have become the sponsor of Clan mining operations that you have become the governors or ideological leaders of The Clans. But when have we done anything more but barely tolerate you because you oppose Omni-Tek and wish to have our support?

We let you have Tir County because it was better than Omni-Tek at a time when all the rest of us were in disarray from the collapse of the Council of Truth. We allowed you to protect it because it needed protecting. You were never one of the united Clans within the Council of Truth, so this gave you a moment of strength then. It still does not make the Clan city built by the rest of us and decided to be our capitol "your city" as a Sentinel officer was reported saying today. We will tolerate no dictators in our capitol, whether its Omni-Tek, ICC, or Clan Sentinels!

We even overlooked your attacks against neutrals so that Omni-Tek wouldn't hold the city while we reorganized. Seems like you're too afraid to attack Omni-Tek directly so you take easy victories from the neutrals who are not our enemies. Will the city of Jobe let you in if you're still going to open fire on their citizens?

Your hatred of Omni-Tek has made you become just like them. Exploiting the Notum for profits for your war instead of protecting it and conserving it. The Clans who accepted your mines did so because there was no other alternative. Do not mistake that as willing support of your mimicing of Omni-Tek.

I personally invited you into the effort to reconstruct Old Athen as a gesture of good will to you. That you might learn for a change to work with us to see what gains could be made instead of trying to dominate against us. I oversaw welcoming your inquiry expedition into Old Athen putting aside past differences between our Clans.

Today it was reported to me that you've finally taken to accosting even Clan citizens however. Arresting those who've seen "Visions" so as to force them to take medical tests so you can find a new weapon.

This behavior may push us to the limit and don't be surprised if future visits into main Clan territory won't be as warmly welcomed in the future.

Once again I call upon other major Clan Leaders such as the Knights, or Eco Warriors to step forward and come to the protection of the Clans. Do not let militant extremists dominate our future!
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Finally, one of the Clans supports what they all claim to.

All too often, I have seen those who preach of freedom and justice abandon these principles just to appease some petty desire for power over those weaker than themselves. And many times, it has come from the clans.

Whether all, or even none, of these clanners were Sentinels is meaningless to me. Extremists are on both sides, yes, but it is far too easy for the clan extremists to dictate policy to all others. I am glad that at least some are standing up against these extremists -- it is a small, yet critical, step towards the day where peace can come to Rubi-Ka at least.

For now, at least, the Pilgrims have earned some small amount of my respect. They may be an enemy, but they are a worthy enemy regardless.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

In the past, some members of Storm have agreed with the more hardline tactics of the Sentinels, however while I cannot speak for my entire clan, I *will* say that I despise oppression in any form, even one that comes in the guise of an ally. It undermines everything that the clans have stood for and fought for over the years and is only marginally better than the tyranny of Omni-Tek.

I can guarantee you that should the time come to push out the existing leadership in favor of a democratic election, Storm will rise to the occasion. So let's call this a fair warning for the Sentinels to relax their iron grip or this will be the calm.....before the Storm

>>>>End Transmission<<<<

Thedeacon closes his personal recorder, squinting his eyes against the harsh light of the setting suns as he makes his way to the south gate of Tir.

"Doesn't it feel good to be free, citizen of Tir?"

Thedeacon turns to see the giant of a man that is Simon Silverstone, clad in similar armor to his own. Silverstone smiles at him, but beneath that smile, he sees a man drunk with power. Thedeacon studies him from pupiless blue eyes, visibly stunning Silverstone with this show of courageousness. Or bravado.

"No. But it will be. Soon." This time Thedeacon is the one smiling, while Silverstone's face turns to cold granite. As the small nanomage fades into the distance, Silverstone opens a comm channel.

"Silverstone. There's someone I'd like you to watch. Nanomage. Meta-Physicist. Goes by the name, 'Thedeacon'. Watch him and await my orders...."
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat