Thread: Going Home

Going Home

Ardoyt walks up to ticket booth

"Tickets to Earth please, non round trip" says Ardoyt

"653k Credits" says Cashier has Ardoyt hands them to him

Ardoyt mutters, goodbye SoS and goodbye Rubi-ka, forever!

Ardoyt walks onto shuttle from the planet he'll never come back to in his lifetime.

The End forever!
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

[ooc]If SL dosen't bring in some more talanted people the community will face a serious shortage in the quality department. Already a very large portion of the RP leaders in the community left and its only alive in small enclaves.

Good luck in your future endevors Carl.

Kithrak
    [/ooc]
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Ardoyt walks off the shuttle from the Morning Star and is finally at home in the International Space Station

"In a few days I head down to Earth to research my old home and then move up here" says Ardoyt

Ardoyt hears a knock on the door

"Hello, Phillip Ross has come onboard to say goodbye" says the messenger

Ardoyt walks out of his luxury penthouse in the station to find Mr. Ross in the conference room

"Chang, good buddy. I am here to award you the Award of Service for your time in Omni-Admin, I will miss you but it's time to move on and you'll be on my wall of Memorable Employees" says Mr. Ross

"Thank you, phil" says Ardoyt taking the award

"I'll always miss you Chang" Says Mr. Ross

"I will to" ardoyt says has he walks out of the door and heads to another room

"Man, Rubi-Ka was good while it lasted, I will miss it but oh well" says Ardoyt has he enters the last room he'll ever be in

Ardoyt walks up to the machine and gets inside

"This may hurt but after it's done you'll be in a better place" says the worker in the window on the other side of room

The machine claw comes out and injects a liquid into Ardoyt who flinges for five minutes then his body is lifeless

"Sad to see them go, but when it's needed to be done, it needs to be done" says the worker who pulls the body out and puts it into a vacumn sealed container has a memorial to Chang "Ardoyt" Randigo

The End

(( Well thanks for the fun time, I will be going now but never forget the fun times we've had ))
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

((Goodby ole warrior, never knew you, but thanks for helping make this place special! Good luck on what your future brings. ))

((Sidenote to Charles: how on earth is SL gonna bring any huge rp change? its a linear story..designed to beef up skills and give better items...rp isnt built on that....rp is built on community...story, and some gamesmaster or people to drive the story forwards. I look forward to SL, but I have slim hopes it will radically change the rp situation on RK))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

((It’s sad to see you go. Just yesterday, you were discussing your plans to have your memory wiped and buying a new couch. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.))

((As for SL and the RP possibilities: I’m eagerly awaiting my box in the mail, so I can race into the Shadowlands full of Victorian age imperialism, full of a heartfelt desire to bring civilization to a untamed place, and once I discover that there are natives there, I’ll whip out my copy of “The Ethics of Greed,” and begin to attempt to convert the heathens to a proper corporate mindset. I will face the wilderness secure in my belief of “The White Man’s Burden.” Of course, I’m Opifex, so it’s more like the “The Grey Woman’s Burden,” but that’s beside the point. I’ll probably hold parties at my Jobe Apartment, or “The Base Camp,” as I’ll probably call it, and show slides of the wonders I have seen. Then, I’ll solicit for money for future expeditions. If you get an invite, bring cash, no checks.

But then, IRL I played in a Live Action game where we had an AWOL storyteller for a year and a half, and the Role Playing that came out of that game was some of the best I have ever seen, until the weekly theological discussions at my Fading Suns tabletop game. Good RP comes from players. You just need to give it a small push in a direction, and let it run. I’ll stop babbling now.))
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Didn't mean to go off topic on your goodbye Carl, but gotta clear this up.
    Originally posted by Cogs
    ((Sidenote to Charles: how on earth is SL gonna bring any huge rp change? its a linear story..designed to beef up skills and give better items...rp isnt built on that....rp is built on community...story, and some gamesmaster or people to drive the story forwards. I look forward to SL, but I have slim hopes it will radically change the rp situation on RK))
    I wasn't referring to roleplaying opportunities about the SL at all. I was referring to something far more fundamental, the auctual quality of the players leading the community. There has been a sharp drop in the quantity(and to a lesser degree, quality) of players leading the community. We lost a notable portion of AO's best and brightest over the 2 years since the game was launched.

The player community is what has kept this game going. That's what I was referring to. Hopeing that Shadowlands will bring in a new set of talanted player community leaders. And hopefully they will stay.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Don't hold your breath Kithrak. We are a dieing breed

Good bye Carl.. I would have liked to see you continue the community says features. Looks like I need to look for a new reporter now to continue them

Was a short but hopefully fruitful experience for you to work with us on AOS. Maybe we will meet again in another game
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

(( I just hope I get credit for the community interviews, it came up suddenly but I do hope the interviews help stratics alot ))
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Demenzia sighs, thinking that there won't be any party in Chang's Jobe apartment now...

((Bye Ardoyt... it's sad to see you go, I'll miss your posts and your kindness in game ))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --