Omni-Tek protects..

The meaning of the words never quite got to me when I stepped onto the shuttle from Earth, the destination set for Rubi-Ka, ordered by Omni-Tek Cooperation.

I kept thinking on what would happen when I arrived, how it would be. Endless wars against the thiefing clans, in a nature I was certain to never have experiences, with the precious notum we were trying to extract from the beneath the top layers of the planet of Rubi-Ka.

I remember that the sargeant spoke about bravery, glory and survival. That we were destined to be heroes, saviors of peace, protectors of those justified to own the planet, protectors against the evil clans and the SOL banking company.

Sarge.. He was quite a man. Or as such he behaved like, although he was an Atrox from Rubi-Ka. White beard, an impressive build and an attitude that could shake the earth if he had to. Dictator on duty and your best drinking buddy off duty. Sargeant Rim "Ducknick" Samson.

He was the last I would suspect I would be thinking of, before the termosleep was activated before the shuttle took off. The stinging cold for the short nanosecond, before you pass out, fading into the comfortable darkness of the deep sleep of the Hypothermic sleep.

It felt like a second, the shivering cold as you revive. Once is enough, you say. Over and over again, while the medics runs the static tests on you to see if you are allright. Naked as a newborn baby, you fumble your first steps out into the arrival hall, only wearing the standard set of clothes you get after you've regained your normal body temperature.

It was an impressive sight, the planet almost glowing of anticipation for you to arrive, the clouds covering the fierce battles beneath on the surface, like a fine dress of silk you'd expect the most beautyful girl on the planet to wear on her wedding day.

I can remember how I got snapped out from my aweful stare, as an old colonist placed his humongous hand on my shoulder, patting it a little.

"It's a mighty fine sight, eh?" As I turned my gaze up at the enourmous Atrox next to me, fully dressed in the black Omni-Pol armor, except for the helmet, tucked under his right arm.
"Let me be the first to welcome you to Rubi-Ka, private."

The white beard made me look at him, like I would have at sarge back home, a mountain to rely on. I'd seen pictures about this Atrox, shown to me by Sarge, when he was feeling down and homesick. This was his brother, both cloned from the same Atrox's father and mother.

"I'm general.." He never managed to finish his sentence, before I dropped into a salute, having my sarge's words etched into my mind. 'Should you ever encounter this man, treat him like you would treat me. Just tenfolds over. For this man, is a hero among heroes, my brother'.

"Sir! General Sage "Bigheart" Samson, sir!"

The atrox looked at me with an eyebrow rised, a pusseled look on his face, the hand that was earlier resting on my shoulder, rised to an salute, a big smile appearing on his face.

"Affirmative, soldier. How did you know my nickname? Or my name at all, for that sake?" He asked as the hand lowered itself to a more comfortable position at his hip, bending slightly over me. I would measure his hight to be easily 2.5 of mine, I was like a mere bug compared to him.

"Sir! Sargeant Rim "Ducknick" Samson sends his regards, sir!"

This, was how I got a new superior and friend. They were very much alike, these two, dictator on duty and your best drinking buddy off duty.

Now and then, my thoughts go back to sarge, curious if he found himself a new friend back home. If he was still the same, or if he had finally gotten his application to go back to Rubi-Ka approved.

If so, we would be waiting up there, in the arrival hall. His brother, me, and his parents.

Long live Omni-Tek. They protects.

~End dialog~