Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OA Restoration Project 2

/ooc

What does "fap" mean anyway? Seriously, first time I hear that term.

Anyway, the thought does occur that perhaps it is a bit of a heavy handed joke. I mean considering this was a game designed for roleplayers, we roleplayers do have to put up with a lot hostility and ridicule. There was a time a day would not go by without some tirade on OT leader chat about how someone hated roleplayers or how roleplayers are 'gay' (yes, even in these enlightened days, some Americans still use 'gay' as a pejorative ).

Maybe some roleplayers brough this hostility on to themselves, but show me one section of the player population that does not have its fair of problem players? In the end, what we mustn't do is promote divisiveness and coming from a large, prestigious organisation such a SF, this joke might carry a little more weight than you imagine. But of course its your org, your choice.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((I would be more than happy to change it if it is really offending people. The day I took over leadership of the organization, there was no Org Objective set. "Fap" is a word assumed to have been created by an SF member and has been used frequently within the guild. The Objective is more of a spur-of-the-moment inside joke if nothing else.

To clarify, SF is an organization which respects all players playstyles -- just as we wish other players would respect ours (not being die-hard roleplayers). If SF members are ever seen being blatantly disrespectful (like calling RP'ers "gay"), please drop me a line.))

Originally posted by Sheffy
    gay
    that word makes me hawter than you can imagine
    Last edited by gwend; Sep 2nd, 2003 at 09:56:02.
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by Sheffy
    ((If SF members are ever seen being blatantly disrespectful (like calling RP'ers "gay"), please drop me a line.))
    [Thank you, Sheffy...I most certainly will]

As said before, I support these plans to restore Old Athen. I will support both financially and politically, if needed.

Many unarmed Omni-Tek employees were killed. The city was siezed by spilling the blood of innocents. It is necessrary and important to ensure that their loss will not be written off as a Clanner attempt to alter the past and erase their existance.
    Allot of good men lost their lifes to the Clan bastards that day.. And now you wish to wipe away their memory so the bastards who killed them can live in a nicer enviroment? You clanners disgusts me.
    Typical clanner self arrogance. My complaint with the ICC stands. It is people like you that killed countless Omni-Tek civilians in your 'liberation' and 'freedom' to terrorize the masses as you see fit. You do not seek peace, you seek wash the blood of innocents from your hands.
    Yes yes yes ..
    Really horrible, isn't it?
    There's a war in case you haven't noticed and we're not the only warmongers.
    I'm really sorry you've had casualties, we didn't intend to actually harm you, just scare you.

.. Actually, fighting this war would be a lot more enjoyable if your side would spend less time whining.

That said, I think restoring Old Athens is a delightful idea.
    The omnis may think it's horrid that we won't keep their staues of old clan-killing warheroes
    and whatnot, well .. that's too bad.
    Maybe they can sneak in and search through the garbage disposal when we're done.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

((Dear Sheffy! I am more than capable of taking a joke, as most all my friends will tell you. The problem is that I have a hard time seeing your org as an rp org at all, and Ill explain to you why: the line I refer to "fap...etc", has frequently been backed up by your guildies to the extent that Ive been called a "fu**** rp'er", etc by members of yours, and I tell you my friend, I am not alone.
    Your members, for example, are known to do nuttin all day but sit on the fence in WA, killing guards, and then bragging about how uber they are as they only had to heal once, etc...((which in itself cracks me up))and when ppl like me or others interveine, in an rp manner, we are politely told to "f*** off", and take our rp elsewhere. This, my friend, is not something that gives your clan a good name amongst rp'ers, or the community in general. So, if you really mean something with what you say, do as most other clans have done, and ban guard killing, for example. I have a few friends in SF, and they are people I like a lot, but if you want respect for your clan, my friend, you need your clan to show respect ot others. And...when joking, make sure that its made out in a way that people can actually see it for the joke it is. As it is now, rp'ers have no reason to beleive this is a joke. Basically, no hard feelings from my side, and I hope what I have said above explains why I reacted harshly in the first place. That said, I would like nothing more than to call you an ally on the rp arena, Sheffy, so....*handshake? ))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Whisper's Edge will support the clean-up efforts.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I'm glad to hear of every clans support, I hope individual clan issues won't clutter up the discussion (like this one appears to be doing).

Well I've got myself some suicidal contact people now. Thedeacon of Storm Clan has volunteered on Atlantean and Marbro of Vox Populi has volunteered on Rimor. Crazy guys.

The most important thing to start doing is talking about it. Take a door and really explore all of Old Athen.

I was thinking of holding a building jumping contest, but I guess that will soon be out. There are a lot of organizational event ideas, but with these Portals and Visions getting I think this weekend would be too short notice. I will pre-emptively select the 20th as a Surveyor's meeting with activities for everyone. Time for all the Clans to come together. I will work with others to come up with games, activities, and tours of the areas we want to work on and see improved. GSP would certainly be welcome to throw a party on both servers as well.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Ok, on the Rimor side of this...Sept. 20th 1900 GMT will be the day and time for the "Athen Restoration Surveyors' meeting." We would like for any and everyone to attend. Come out and show support for our city. To mention again, there will be events, challenges and activities for everyone.

Dino "Marbro" Western
    Beauracrat
    Vox Populi

"So....you've made a deal with the devil? Let me renegotiate.

I think I can speak for Rimor w0t0's in saying that while we are a small tight knit clan we fully support the resotration of Old Athen and are happy to contribute in whatever financial and technical capacity we are needed.

/OOC
    Originally posted by Savoy
    /ooc
    (yes, even in these enlightened days, some Americans still use 'gay' as a pejorative ).
    Amen Savoy, I find it difficult to comprehend how people can fail to understand why this causes offence.
    Last edited by SM; Sep 8th, 2003 at 17:56:22.
    Vedanthi Urdth Tskalt the Norn Sisters.
    Nullprogram Kreuzritter Voluspa the Others.

On The Hosting

Well I will be hosting the event on rimor on Vox Populi Radio, but I think atlantean still needs a broadcaster.. so.... GSP.. might wanna step in ?

All Suggestion's For Rimor about the hosting can be sent to

Memphis_raves@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Neo; Sep 9th, 2003 at 03:26:08.

<-- Supports Sallust in his efforts to beautify Old Athen.

Rising Phoenix will also support the Old Athen cleanup project.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Remember this is this Saturday so try not to miss it. If you plan on attending and want to use Vox radio then please email Neo/Memphisraves so he can know about how many channels to expect to need.

Sept 20th, 19:00 GMT (game time) we start rebuilding Old Athen!

Vitae Covente will be willing and able to aid in such a clean up project.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

Well I don't know how much you can beautify a city built by Omni-Punks but it would be nice to pick up the garbage and rubble at least.

I mean come on the battle was what over a century ago? Time to turn the dump into a respectable place.

Hey am I the only one who finds it funny that Omni-Punks want garbage and rubble to remain as a memorial to Omni-Tek?

Katelin "Kaetty" Russi
    The Independent Fixer

Hehe, very good Aniee, what an odd coincidence that Omni-Tek wants garbage and rubble to represent them...
    Lmnox - Meta-Physicist General of Athen Paladins in RK-2

Back after a 5 month hiatus!
    "You can take a gimp out of AO, but you can't take the AO out of a gimp."

Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped make this a big success. I will try to find someone who will put up some of the screenshot highlights for me.

We hope to do another similar event sometime in the future when things are further away from the Shadowlands craze.
    Last edited by Sallust; Sep 20th, 2003 at 22:34:04.

Was a great event guys! Thanks Marbro, Memphis and Sallust for putting this together for us.
    Originally posted by Runar Thor
    Having a launch like AO had was like being violently spanked for 2 years straight and we swear by the great, soft pillow in the sky to take every precaution possible to ensure the future safety of our botties

We Saw Old Athens for its true Potential,but as you seen it's Occupants were the Nasty Filty Omni "Employees" so we gather what Intellegence we had and than gather Few troops we had and Concoured them! with Surprise! *Laughs* hah silly omni's think they will regain property deed to the lands of OA? U think wrong as it is in the Hands of our Respected Knights along with all the other deeds to the clan citys!

*Fades into the Past*
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast