Thread: Take Three with Omtron: Reets Retreat

Take Three with Omtron: Reets Retreat

Take Three With Omtron: Reets Retreat
    Omtron

In this edition of "Take Three With Omtron", I visited Reet's Retreat after hearing stories of major action taking place there recently. It prompted me to generate questions about the bar scene.

First, let's start with what I found at my visit to Reet's Retreat. Upon entering the building after walking up a steep ramp to the door I visited the first inner parts of this building. The most interesting of the two first general areas I found was the restrooms really.

I found the first area, which I called the "dead bronto room", to be quite uninteresting. It was staffed with a gentleman selling food items, but the raw dead look of the room is enough to make anyone lose their lunch. Next to the dead bronto room were normal seating areas with seats and tables. Nobody was in this area at all, thus I found it very uninteresting.

I made my way back out and down a small winding path to the restrooms. After knocking on the ladies' room door and finding there was nobody inside, I investigated: it had two sinks and one toilet, and it was clean. I was quite surprised that the building designers would only put one toilet in the ladies' restroom, however.

After investigating the ladies' restroom, I made my way to the men's restroom. It was like going from a clear lake to a polluted dumpster! Entering the men's restroom you are greeted with a 'Bingo
    Drink' machine -- why is there a drink machine in a restroom? That I'd like to know myself. Next to it was a long stand-up urinal, about 3 normal-sized opifex or solitus could use this urinal at the same time. A full trashcan sat in the corner, trash and junk were on the floor and walls, and this was topped off with malfunctioning lights. Inside the second door there was more trash on the floor and a device that was either a sink or another stand-up urinal that only one person could use. I couldn't tell really what it was and wasn't interested to closely investigate to find out. I made my way quickly out of there.

Walking straight down the hall I ended up taking a right and winding up in a room with crates and a bartender; again nobody was here and it was uninteresting.

Heading back out I went towards the other door. After passing down a ramp followed by another bigger ramp I found a wide open area. Staffed at the end of this wide area was a bartender. Nobody was downstairs, so I head upstairs.

To my delight, the upstairs area was packed. In fact, I thought it was ladies' night because there were plenty of ladies present! I sat down and chatted with the people for a bit and observed them. Many seemed to know each other; they were mostly very polite and kind. Almost no one (except for one person) carried weapons.

There was a popular DJ there keeping people excited and a 'clawdroid' - or that's what I call them anyways due to their large claws - named Gridbot, that was apparently accepting requests on behalf of the DJ. After noting that basic information I found someone to pose questions to, she called herself Vixentrox - and no, she wasn't an atrox; they don't have genders.

Omtron: What bar establishment on Rubi-Ka do you find to be most interesting? Why?
    Vixentrox: Reets.
    Vixentrox: I do not attend Omni bars on principle.
    Omtron: I see, so this is your only bar establishment?
    Vixentrox: The clan bars are small and not well attended.
    Vixentrox: The Cup is a coffee shop so it doesn't really qualify in my mind.
    Omtron: Yeah, but what's special here?
    Omtron: Surely there is something keeping you coming.
    Omtron: Besides me...
    Omtron chuckles.
    Vixentrox motions to the dance floor.
    Vixentrox: The glass floor...
    Omtron: Ah, I see.
    Vixentrox: GSP broadcasting here...
    Vixentrox: The fireplace room for more relaxing moments.
    Omtron: I see.
    Omtron: Anything else you'd like to add?
    Vixentrox: I think anywhere GSP broadcasts from is bound to be popular.
    Omtron: So GSP is a DJ, right?
    Vixentrox: Gridstream Productions.
    Vixentrox: A Clan group of DJs.
    Omtron: Alright, I understand.
    Vixentrox: They broadcast from here.
    Omtron: Interesting.
    Vixentrox: On most evenings anyway.
    Omtron: Let's move on to question two.
    Vixentrox: Alright.
    Omtron: What are your feelings towards clans, neutrals, or omni in your favorite bar?
    Vixentrox: Well, Reet’s is a common ground.
    Vixentrox: A lot of things get done here that might not happen in an Omni or Clan establishment.
    Vixentrox: I have no problem with other factions being here.
    Omtron: Ah, I see.
    Vixentrox: As long as everyone behaves.
    Omtron: Indeed.
    Omtron: Alright, the final question:
    Omtron: If you could add or change one thing about this establishment, what would it be?
    Vixentrox nods.
    Vixentrox thinks a moment.
    Omtron: Take your time.
    Vixentrox: Disco lights!
    Omtron: I must admit, that's a mighty nice idea.
    Vixentrox: Here on the dance floor.
    Vixentrox: Darken this area a bit and have strobe lights, disco lights, maybe a fog machine.
    Omtron: Well, thanks for your time Vixentrox, if you want to say anything about Reet’s, go ahead. Otherwise that's all I have.
    Vixentrox: I remember when it first opened, and have been a frequent visitor ever since.
    Omtron: An old timer!
    Vixentrox nods.

Great ladies. Great bar. Great fun. I enjoyed this report very much.

As always, remember, when you see Omtron coming down your path, it maybe time for yet another, Take Three With Omtron!

((hehe I love these ARK articles! Awesome job to all those who write them ))