Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Fur N Feathers Sexual Harrassment FAQ

the juvenile comments from a couple of posters in this thread pretty much completely illustrates why FC needs to have this policy in place and why this thread needs to exist.

be on guard gentlemen. when you try to continue your idiotic behavior we will be waiting to help the ARKs and FC nail you to the wall. Then you'll see just how serious this situation is.

another male perspective...

I am a male and play nothing but male toons (I have one female toon but she is used as a 'bank' toon.) My RL girlfriend plays with me and she plays nothing but female toons. To the best of my knowledge, she's had little trouble with the male population of Rimor. She's had an incident or two with an 'over-friendly' player, but nothing vulgar, etc.

As a leader in a guild (not my current small guild, but former larger ones) I have had experience with RL women being harrassed by other players. This thread is excellent and I will follow the advice given herein when assisting guildmates and friends when an incident happens again.

For players like Segal, you are actually quite funny. It is humorous that you are an intelligent being, that you make a valid point, while missing the entire concept. With your analogy, it would be fine for your sister or mother to hop on AO one night and for me to say horrible things of a sexual nature to them because "it can't really happen". Your argument just shows how ignorant you are of women and it is you that needs to go out into the real world my friend and learn how delicate the human psyche truly is.

There are things in AO that I could care less about, clothing, cute emotes, etc. However, my GF likes the outfits, etc. It helps her identify with her characters, etc. I like to PvP, she has NO interest in it whatsoever. My point here is, males and females 'see' things differently in game. The perception of such things should be respected by both male and female players and crude behaviour should not find it's way into AO.

When it does, I hope that if the offender is found to be guilty of such behavior that their account be banned, not suspended or warned, banned. Maybe then they'll go out into the real world and learn some manners before they act innapropriately again.

Dono
    Last edited by Dono; Apr 12th, 2004 at 20:07:47.

This thread is getting old, so, i'm going to wrap it up here.

Ultimately, this issue isn't one of debate, there are clear rules and everyone must follow them.

Questions? PM me.
    ~ CJ ~
    Formerly known as Timelapse

Certified AO Forum Freak!

~ Check out our old comics here! ~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567