Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fur N Feathers Sexual Harrassment FAQ

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Ingame, I use pronouns based on character, because its easier, and I never presume anything, and most of my vicinity chatting is atleast Semi IC. Its never particularly bothered me who is on the other end of a character though, and if someone wants to pretend they are the opposite gender I dont have a problem with it, but I would think they would get caught out eventually.

hugs

lilnymph
    My sentiments exactly. I don't care what the sex of the person is controlling the character. All I care about is the character itself. In any case, people playing the opposite sex are often easy to pick out by the way they behave/talk or thier interests though a couple of people have really suprised me.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Lets face it. If you have made even a slight effort to chat IC even once in a while then your Avatar will develop all on its own.

I don't particularly roleplay but Kissy in game seems to have developed her own way of existing. (I hope most folk see her as a helpful, freindly some what dippy character) Its certainly not what i'm like in real life.

And on the topic of Sexal harrasment, Once after a player (whom i hadn't really known) found out the hands behind the keyboard were male, called me a Gender bending freak. I found it rather amusing that the comment came from an Atrox.
    Last edited by Kissysuzuki; Nov 18th, 2003 at 19:15:59.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Freak may be correct.....going from Clan leader to Omni slave....

-Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Freak may be correct.....going from Clan leader to Omni slave....

You still haven't forgiven me for that have you?

You should try it some time. Theres central heating, electricity and more soap than you could ever wish for on this side.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

{Removed by Cz.}
    Last edited by Cz; Apr 13th, 2004 at 09:08:18.

{Removed by Cz.}
    Last edited by Cz; Apr 13th, 2004 at 09:08:31.

Originally posted by Segal
    {Removed by Cz.}
    Hey, it doesn't really matter to me whether you take this thread seriously or not. *shrug* This thread is here to let people know how to deal with harassment ingame. Go your merry way as long as you aren't harassing people.

And I'm sorry you can't seem to wrap you mind around the notion that sexual harassment does not mean that someone is physically there about to do something to you. It is harassment of a sexual nature.

But here in game, it's just plain old griefing. It doesn't matter who is behind the monitor or whatever. It's just rude, and ohbytheway, a bannable offence.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Cz; Apr 13th, 2004 at 09:08:49.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Segal are you a lawyer? :P

Anyway, it's not about legal definitions or lawsuits (yet ). It's about how you FEEL in a certain situation. Hiding behind long winded sentences like you did, is merely minimising the problem and being awfully patronising. As I stated, I never felt harassed on line and can't really imagine a situation where I would... but that doesn't mean I refuse to understand that other people may not feel the same way I do or handle it as easily. So harassment in a game IS possible, as long as ONE person FEELS harassed, get it?

Then it is up to the people in charge to judge if the harassment charges are founded or not. Simple as that. And no one has to be here unless he/she likes it.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Great post! Thanks for the info.

Im not sure if it was mentioned, (many replies here, and i didnt read them all), but I would like to add that if someone does any type of harrasment, or acts badly in any fashion, to please contact there guild, if there are in one. I definatly would want to know, so that I could boot them out!

Here is a link that will help people find a guilds president, or advisor:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/community/people/

Btw, I believe the number of women in the game is much larger than that reported 19%. In my guild I would guess that the men out number the women, but barely. Perhaps 60/40 at most.

Maybe they are just guys with a female avatar and they are acting like women because they think it would advantage them.

Or maybe your guild is just more feminine :P.

lol, If I had included the men with female alts it would be closer to 50/50.

I have two myself, including my main

bump for an important issue
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Not necessary

Actually, there is no need to bump this thread.

First because it is live, and bumps itself

Second because it ir linked in the newbie rooted thread
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

erf?

i have but one thing to say....ur offended? it bothers you?

cough /ignore *playername* cough

end!

i agree with segal moaning about sexual harassment on an online game seems more like a bleeding heart i need attention story than something actually serious....if you wanna make a difference go feed the hungry or save a fluffy rabbit from a forest fire...dont bring stuff like that into a game

anyway thats all thx

byz0r!
    Ezekiel 25:17.

Killer 93%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 20%

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

thumbs up for Fur`N`feathers :)

/me Applauds

Nice stated there Desert reet. Even if the game`s name is Anarchy, this kind of behavior should not be allowed, its sick. If some punkass kid sits at home /telling all female chars he see things, and humping em ,he should be kicked out asap, there other games out there for those sick ****s.... man, i feel some aggression coming out here.... ohh,need to find my punchingbag...doctors orders....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

A fine example of one of our our "helpful humpers" helping me trash hecklers yesterday. He followed me around humping me while I killed 6 hecklers in nascence : "say cheese idiot" I thought while hitting f12. .....
    http://home.comcast.net/~silasmccart...D-1313643.html

Hi, Im sorry to bring thisone up again, but I am wondering.
    How does the logging work with the new GUI/chat?
    I cant seem to find it.

Thanks in advance
    Speak your thoughts and you shall understand 'em!

[Revina] : u are omni!! omni are made for ganking!

This is disgusting!!

It really saddens me to see that AO has some de****able people playing who seem to think that this type of attitude and conduct is even remotely acceptable. I know every form of online correspondence has small minded idiots that think this is funny but that in no way makes it acceptable... all we can do is find out who is doing it and report it immediately.

Sexual Harrassment is a CRIME in most Civilized countries...
    I think that anyone cought making unwarranted sexual emotes/comments as well as anything even remotely resembling bigotry or any related offensive and socially tabu actions should have their accounts cancelled immediately and without warning. I also wouldn't mind seeing a quick call to their local authorities regarding a sexual harassment complaint...or any illegal actions for that matter.

Although I have never done anything of the sort (harrassement) I'd like to say to all the victims of this that I sincerely regret that you had to go through this bullsh*t and I hope you never have to again. I hope your gaming experience improves from this point and that it never happens again.

Sad that people are getting worse at this.... But this is the Best Guide I have seen :-) Bump for Sticky
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

What ever happened to /ignore?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast