Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ** QUESTS ** Please fix them FunCom.

Thanks Cosmik

I understand the issues you guys had with the early on implementation of multiple instances of complete dungeons. It was a real shame that you had to return to the EverQuest-style way of doing things with only a single instance of each dungeon.

We see the backlash that being forced to go back on your promise has resulted in.

I proposed a measure that was a grasp at ANY kind of way to address the lack of 'sharing' that is going on and the grief it is causing.

We've seen that you can spawn multiple instance of dungeons. It did work before. The only trouble was the logistics of getting your group into the same instance of a dungeon.

So to distill my proposal down to its skinniest format, I suggested simply that last one or two strategically important rooms of a dungeon be able to be multi-instanced. That'll cut down on your server load by not having to have multiples of entire huge dungeons. The key solution solves the logistic issues with respect to getting a complete team in there.

The added suggestion was made to address the nasty words that are being launched at players by other players regarding the unique MOB's who roam out-of-doors. I guess that suggestion basically boils down to putting McNugget, for example, into a 'static dungeon' that might only have two (or even one) rooms. The game designers could then devise a scheme (or look at some fine player suggestions) where 'sharing' is enforced by distributed access to McNugget for everybody in the game.

Killing him of course should be the real task and might not be possible for everybody who is granted audience.

what is that
    btb ----> now
    crap you are posting everywhere?

Yes. She is. Highly irritating.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

I've said it since the TLR dungeon: put a machine outside each dungeon. A player hits the machine and it generates a mission key for him. Dupe it and the team now has their own personally-coded version of the dungeon to play in. Or now that you have team missions working, do it that way. New keys could always be made for new team members.

Scorus

Well none of my characters are anywhere near high enough to enter any of the dungeons but I think the idea of questing for a key to the room where the Boss is and having that room and only that room generate a dungeon when different groups enter is great.

It would also be nice to have some more lower level quests.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

OK here we go

You know them bodyguards in TLR dungeon? Well sometimes the loot on one of them is this:

- A note:

"Jaimet,

Take this key to the Lab Director's Office. He's usually working late at night and you should be able to snuff him out. They access code on the key should be good for another 12 hours. Just be careful you don't get hurt while you are undercover. If anything happens to you I hope whoever reads this note will finish what we started.

With honor,

Landret"

- And a key to the Lab Director's office. Dupeable for anyone you wish to team with and standard mission time-out. Hell, give the guy who looted the key and note a mission icon so they know how long they have to 'finish what was started' before the key disappears.

First you actually have to enjoy the dungeon. You have the standard interaction with the playerbase in the 'regular' part of the dungeon. And then your experience is not ruined in the end. The key/note loot drop could be about as rare as a Gamma Ejector. Or as rare as FunCom wants the Suit/Pistol/Tie to be.

However, key point is that 1.) you can't camp the director. You actually have to be active in the game. and 2.) Once you have the key, you can enjoy the end of the dungeon without being griefed by other players.

Put this into perspective in the PvP Camelot dungeon. FunCom can keep the vision of a PvP dungeon. But by putting Tarasque in his own 'lair' those who received 'The Bloody Red Key' as loot on some monster earlier in the dungeon can enjoy the chance to live or die at the claws of Tarasque without having to worry about campers, killstealers, farmers, uber-guilds, or anything. Once you enter the lair of Tarasque, the dungeon takes on a very different tone. Now it's just you and him ...

Re: OK here we go

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    You know them bodyguards in TLR dungeon? Well sometimes the loot on one of them is this:

- A note:

"Jaimet,

Take this key to the Lab Director's Office. He's usually working late at night and you should be able to snuff him out. They access code on the key should be good for another 12 hours. Just be careful you don't get hurt while you are undercover. If anything happens to you I hope whoever reads this note will finish what we started.

With honor,

Landret"

- And a key to the Lab Director's office. Dupeable for anyone you wish to team with and standard mission time-out. Hell, give the guy who looted the key and note a mission icon so they know how long they have to 'finish what was started' before the key disappears.

First you actually have to enjoy the dungeon. You have the standard interaction with the playerbase in the 'regular' part of the dungeon. And then your experience is not ruined in the end. The key/note loot drop could be about as rare as a Gamma Ejector. Or as rare as FunCom wants the Suit/Pistol/Tie to be.

However, key point is that 1.) you can't camp the director. You actually have to be active in the game. and 2.) Once you have the key, you can enjoy the end of the dungeon without being griefed by other players.

Put this into perspective in the PvP Camelot dungeon. FunCom can keep the vision of a PvP dungeon. But by putting Tarasque in his own 'lair' those who received 'The Bloody Red Key' as loot on some monster earlier in the dungeon can enjoy the chance to live or die at the claws of Tarasque without having to worry about campers, killstealers, farmers, uber-guilds, or anything. Once you enter the lair of Tarasque, the dungeon takes on a very different tone. Now it's just you and him ...
    Wouldn't people just camp the bodyguards?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12