Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (ooc) More fuel for the fire! .. Org Politics seems to be dieing

(ooc) More fuel for the fire! .. Org Politics seems to be dieing

/ooc on

It's been so long since new content has been added that things are honestly getting old.

Just how many times can you issue the Council of Truth an ultimatum?

How many times can you call for a "Stop to the dust brigade". I think it's high time we get some new stimulus. It's very difficult to involve ourselves in this game when we've been stuck on the same peice of plot for weeks now.

Any ETA for any kind of major events or plot twists? .. We need it, things are getting kind of stale.

I for one check this forum daily, and would love to take part. Unfortunatly it dosn't seem like there are much in the way of controversial politics happening these days. Same old, same old.

A response would be great funcom!

/ooc off

Upcoming Major Plot Change!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Spoiler Warning]

Asherons Call 2 and Star Wars Galaxies come out at the end of the year. Rubi-Ka left a barren wasteland with still no new zones or events. Funcom is still pleading for people to stay and sign up their friends. Hires Amway to help with marketing and sales.

Shadowbane still in beta, denies being Vapour. Hires Ex-Dawn developer.
    Last edited by Founding; Mar 22nd, 2002 at 00:39:16.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

aye... I barely remember what it is Im arguing for... someone tell me Im an egotistical power grubbing meglomaniac! Silky come back! Chag come back! Rolller come back! Someone instigate an arguement! My brain is shriveling! Augh! I cant remember the bloody airspeed velocity of an african sparrow carrying a coconut!
    Well anyway.... Window's right... wheres the controversy?! We need something to talk about! We cant start arguements (or atleast not very entertaining ones) about Snarfs new colour underwear or quibble over whether any atrox should be allowed to wear womens clothing! Give us controversy! Isnt tehre supposed to be a war or something on?
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Officially, OT and the clan peace talks have broken down and the amnesty withdrawn. That dosen't mean we are at war though.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Yeah, there is only so much the players can do without help from Funcom. There are a lot of little events done by ARKs and GMs now and that is really great. But that needs to be in addition to an over-arching, in-game, player participating storyline that has really never shown itself. Or, I should say, has never made its presence known in a consistent manner. The few things that FC has started could have died of loneliness very quickly. How about that Manteze War? How about the Omni-clans war? What happened to Red Brigade (or whatever their name was)? Didn't they claim that the Dodga and Omni static missions would make sense in a larger context? Didn't they claim the same thing about Steps of Madness which was started on the storyline non-launch day?

Scorus

Originally posted by Falcon
    Upcoming Major Plot Change!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Spoiler Warning]

Asherons Call 2 and Star Wars Galaxies come out at the end of the year. Rubi-Ka left a barren wasteland with still no new zones or events. Funcom is still pleading for people to stay and sign up their friends. Hires Amway to help with marketing and sales.

Shadowbane still in beta, denies being Vapour. Hires Ex-Dawn developer.
    Funcom goes bankrupt as disgruntled players leave in droves! News at 11!

*yawn*

Naw, I am sure you are right - AC2 and SWG are going to put AO out of business just like EQ put UO out of business and AC put EQ out of business.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Talking ehehehe

i still want and believe in storyteller-accounts for players (no nda and stuff)
    tradeskillz ?

I am still here.

Still here ... I am quitetly lurking....
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

I've already decided that I'm playing Star Wars Galaxies... No question about it.

Now will SWG be better than AO? Enough for me to cancel?? Or will SWG be bug ridden and have a crappy launch??? Will Funcom get off thier damn asses and balance Pvp? Will they ever take the time to fix the Adventurer class???

All these questions will decide which MMORPG I'll be playing in 2003. Up to Funcom and Verent as to which one or both.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

SWG will be the biggest d00d magnet ever. I am looking forward to SWG, not because I want to play it, but because I hope that it will pull off a lot of undesireable players. For that reason, I think you will be better off sticking to AO, or at least trying another MMORPG like Neocron.
    Solitus Engineer
    RK2

Little hope

I don't know if many of you have ever played EQ. If you think FC is a bad company you got a suprise coming to you. Verant openly lies about fundamental mechanics of thier games to thier player base. They then when proven wrong continue to lie. They encourage unending mind numbing camping. The quests they put in place are tidous and encure more camping. They make the level treadmill move so slowly that it is painful.

If they do not break the camping bonanza that is the model in EQ I feel that alot of AO players might leave ... but will come back. When you get a mission for an iteam in AO it's just a matter of getting a team together and getting the mission done. Then iteam is then yours. In EQ you have to get on the "list" for the one spot that drops the iteam. Then "lotto" for it ... most often among classes that can't even use the iteam. All the while waiting for a rare mob to pop and drop a rare iteam.

EQ left a bad taste in my mouth. Don't let the old "the grass is always greener" saying get you. Just cause it's newer dosen't mean it's better
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

SWG? Be the game of the future? Let me tell you a little story.

There's this guy at work, I'll call him by his nickname J-rod. Well good ole J-rod is a Star Wars fanatic. He can recite all the movies word for word, owns a mountain of star wars comic books and once in the break room yelled at his comic book (the outburst was "You can't do that in hyperspace" if anyone is wondering). He built his own model lightsaber, got his hair cut like Obi Wan in Phantom Menance and if he goes postal and brings a shot gun to work NO ONE will be surprized. This guy is seriously mental folks. Oh and he upgraded from his 56k (gotta check out star wars online ya know) to a DSL for the sole purpose of playing SWG with his 4 other buddies who are just like him. Have fun folks, that's gonna be your player base.

Oh and if you're wondering how I know all this it's because I do like starwars and am willing to talk to the maladjusted boderline psycho so when he goes on his killing spree I won't be top on the list and get a head start running to the door. If you really want a head trip I'll tell you about the planet he made up for the Star Wars universe and about the time he forgot that it wasn't real.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Tell your friend if he gets in early he might get the nick DrthVeder034.

Good grief Ironheel... I was amused then I was disturbed.

Your post though tempts me to get an account, not to really play, just so I can be there to see what happens when the J-rods encounter "buff plz, 1 4m 133t0rz j00 sux0rz!" for the first time.
    Solitus Engineer
    RK2

I have to admit that I use to read all of the RP articles that hit the major web sites. I also came to the role playing boards for a while. Now I don't even bother. I have a mental black dot over anything dealing with role playing.

Just my 2 cents.

Good God Man! Let's just hope he blows a gasket in his own apartment and not the day after meeting the leet speaker while he's at work.

Also with SWG I'd find it impossible to roleplay due to the massive gaping holes in the star wars storyline. Like the whole "dark team/light team" thing. And if I just wanted a game where I ran around and killed stuff I'd play Quake or Unreal Tournament.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

SWG already has several things planned on being implemented to get rid of PK'ers, harrasment, and the general idiots. try reading the developer's forums and seeing whats actually going to happen before you bash it. i for one, will be playing SWG just because its SWG. It cant have more bugs than AO, but i dont know if its going to be good enough for me to cancel AO, time will only tell on that one.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

So what SWG is going to make people take a quiz to make sure they're fully functional members of society? That's my primary concern is the number of J-Rods that will be playing. And the fact that the Star Wars storyline blows.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Originally posted by FeloniousPunk
    SWG will be the biggest d00d magnet ever. I am looking forward to SWG, not because I want to play it, but because I hope that it will pull off a lot of undesireable players. For that reason, I think you will be better off sticking to AO, or at least trying another MMORPG like Neocron.
    Too true!! Even though I am a Star Wars fan (I still have all my action figures/vehicles, etc.) I find myself looking to AC2 instead of SWG because of the "bad element" that SWG will attract... (Which has nothing to do with the game itself).

Originally posted by Ironheel
    So what SWG is going to make people take a quiz to make sure they're fully functional members of society? That's my primary concern is the number of J-Rods that will be playing. And the fact that the Star Wars storyline blows.
    Yep

With the might of the Empire, you'd think they would have turned all goodie two-shoes to cosmic dust by now...

BTW, it appears that Empire engineers are complete idiots: They're fully capable of constructing an awsome weapon like the death star, yet they would blatantly leave a backdoor open so Mr. Skywalker can just come cruizing by in his neato X-Wing and blow it to smitherines. You'd figure a battle platform the size of the moon would have enough fighter bays to house enough fighters to make WW2 Germany's Luftwaffe look stupid, and scores of starships...C'mon guys, take 1000 TIE fighters, and have 10 of you fire at the same time at each X/Y/A wing. I don't care if Luke's force is bigger than yours, it isn't that hard

Heck, they're so stupid that they make the same mistake twice and let Lando blow it up the 2nd time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast