Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Tricks

Tips and Tricks

People write guides for the trader-profession and questions are answered in threads. However, the info u get from these threads are very basic. Knowing what armours and weapons u can use wont make u a good trader. U wont be an "above average" trader if u dont know a few tricks.

The knowledge u gain through experience will let u win something u otherwise would have lost. Its knowing what options u have and when to use them that will let u do good.

I thought we could share tips and tricks in this thread. Im not going to write everything I know about everything so Ill concentrate on one of the things I have worked alot on lately, which is soloing level 180-210 dynabosses. Ill post more about something else at a later time.

Plz write down any tips and tricks u have in ure sleeve

Strategy when soloing Title-level 6+ dynabosses (for high level players)

Step 1. Pulling the boss:
    Ure goal is to end up alone with the boss without spending to much nano. Either u attemt to pull the boss out of the camp by walking up close and backing up once the boss aggro (should only be attempted if the boss isnt heavily surrounded with minions) or u can cast area-root on ureself to root as many minions as possible, then mezzing them one by one. Area-root is great because u dont want 6 minions + boss hitting on u while ure trying to mezz them. Area-root should not be casted on the minions or the boss. Cast it on ureself to avoid any/all aggro.
    If the boss aggros while ure trying to mezz/root minions then cast a single-root on the boss to keep him away until u have mezzed all the adds.

Step 2. Fight vs boss begins:
    By now u probably have lost 20% HP/nano. (Fight on full agg)
    *Cast divest and plunder
    *Cast both AC-debuffs. This fight might last a long time so u need to cast these to minimize the damage recieved and to maximize the damage dealt.
    *Make sure that u only use first-aid-kits that heal ure nano. Either pure nano-FA-kits or HP/nano-FA-kits. Ure nano is ure lifeline in this fight, not ure HP.
    *Once ure drains and ac-debuffs have landed u should heal ureself as much as u need until ure nano reaches 50%.
    *Everytime ure nano reaches 50% u should spam the boss with ure next-best nanopool-drain 3-4 times folowed by ure best nanopool-drain 4-5 times. This will fill ure nano up to 100% even while healing at the same time.

Step 3. Rince and repeat:
    By now u have completed the circle which will keep u alive forever. Refresh ure drains and ac-debuffs once they are about to run out and cast ure nanopool-drains once u start to get 40-50% nano left. Make sure u use ure nano-FA-kits as soon as they are available.

Few tips:
    If ure fighting a boss that warps u to his location every 60ish sec, make sure u sit down and refill ure nano/HP because the boss sometimes forget to aggro u after it warps u so use that window to refill ure HP/nano.

If u notice that ure nano wont last the entire fight and u need to heal alot because of the boss' damage so u dont get time to cast nanopool-drains.. well.. root the boss and back up, cast ure nanopool-drains and continue to shoot once u have ure nano and HP back.

Using ure nanos and kits the right way can let u outlive a fight that lasts for 10-60 min, maby even ending the fight with full HP/nano.

Most 180-200 bosses will die after 10ish min. Some are gimpy and die after 1 min while others are uber and lasts for 30 min

..But eventually they will fall. Phat lewt all to ure self
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quick question, why the second best nano drain? I just start out with my best one and let it tick up till it's refilling faster than I can cast (about 4-5 times).

Another tip is to pull the boss with an Aimed Shot if you're using an Ithaca. If you're far enough away, the minions won't even realize who they're supposed to agro and you'll get the boss all to yourself a good 40-50 m away from the others. You also get some time to cast those first drains while it's running towards you, and if you backup more while it's on it's way, you can even land both before the boss gets to ya.

Another quick tip, don't use Health Plunders/Funnels. Use the Health Haggler Lines instead. Sophisitcated Health Plunder does 580 damage, heals for 577, and takes around 250 nano. The Preeminent Health Haggler Heals you for a net of 640 and only takes around 180 nano (figures off the top of my head). You can save nano and heal more by using PHH or SHP. The only time to use SHP is to increase your damage, but you dont' really need to do that if it doesn't help you live.

People may not like to think it, but we are a caster profession. It took me till lvl 180 to realize this. I always thought I was a support-combat profession, but I cast nanos almost the entire fight. We are heavy casters and our nano is our life.

Also, if you get those funny Battle Prepared Nano Rechargers, you can sit down every 20 secs and fill up about 500 nano. It's really not that bad to sit down, hit the button and then attack again (causing you to stand up) It takes less than a second for me to do.
    Peachy... just peachy.
    Peachblossom - Martial Artist of Band of Brothers
    Purplepeach - Well Nerfed of Band of Brothers
    Plushpeach - Proud Fixer of Band of Brothers

Casting the second-best nanopool-drain a few times first will let u recieve ticks from that nano and the best nanopool-drain at the same time so u can regain nano faster that way. Its not needed if u got the top QL nanos tho.

Good point about the battle-kits. I forgot to mention those
    Veteran of Equilibrium

If you get adds, you can always use the nano drains on them before you calm them

nano++ helps

HE/CC is a god when I go dynacamp hunting
    Peek-a-boo I see you.

Some nubi-tips

*Deprive and Ransack stacks. Allways start a fight with Deprive, followed by Ransack. Deprive will land easier on ure target and the boost u get to nanoskills will make it easier to land ransack afterwards. Starting a fight with ransack will be nothing but a pain in the butt

*If u need to use the grid to get somewhere (like broken shores or similar) and u dont have enough comp lit to enter ure destination, remember that u can exit the grid - cast comp-lit-buff and hurry back in before the buff ends. The trader comp-lit-buffs dont last long but if u hurry it shouldnt be a problem.

*The hat u can buy from the trader-shop can be upgraded the same way u upgrade organic to CAS, nano-armour to barter-armour. Finished product is Physician's Cap
    Veteran of Equilibrium

PvP Tip:

Don't drain or root yourself

Draining ureself is icky
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I'm just glad that when I'm in my pvp gear, in full defense, I can usually resist my own plunders. It's saved my ass a few times.

Dynacamps are also a great way to get xp and earn a little cash. If you're able to do bosses around 200, the ones from about 195-205 will give you 500k+ xp. If you get the ones that don't have the hp auras, they go down fast. I used to get whole levels that way when it was only a few million to level.

In terms of new Tips, sell EVERYTHING to the trader shop. I don't care what it is, it makes a difference. I used to keep six bags in my inventory of stuff to vendor. Pick up anything you'd otherwise throw away, and toss it in a bag. Then, when they are almost full, go to the trader store, cast your highest CL buff, and unload it all. It's easy to make a few million per mission that way. Remember, armor and nanos sell for the most.
    Peachy... just peachy.

One handy tip is to avoid casting the three D's on yourself in a fight:

Divest
    (AC) Drain
    (Nano) DoT

I think we all do it though at some stage.

Retail "Shabura" Worker, level 214 Trader Lewt
    Chronic "Bhalash" Fumbler, level 202 Nano-Technician Lewt

Arrow nano drains

You will get the 3 nano ticks from every single nano drain you cast, whether the target is the same as before, dead, or whatever. Its some kind of innate effect that does not show in your ncu and doesn't worry about stacking. Too bad the dot portion isn't like that, I'd love to run a doctor dry just as fast

Oh and thou shalt covet thine dual-action first aid stims, at least when you can afford them. Slightly less nano/life but I always need both...plus its a lot easier to get big stacks made above ql125 from shop parts instead of calming 8 million missions to loot 25 at a time.

PS traders were always caster classes, make sure to point that out to people when a GPH shows up
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Bhalash
    One handy tip is to avoid casting the three D's on yourself in a fight:

Divest
    (AC) Drain
    (Nano) DoT

I think we all do it though at some stage.

I really need to move my heal away from Divest(Advanced)... Its right next to it on my shortcut bar. Dont know why. Ive always had it there.

Lol hhj, thats asking for trouble
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I keep my calm next to my heal. Thank god that Trader calms don't have an annoyingly large init-debuff tacked on.

Haggler is definately better than Plunder for healing. Lets crunch numbers:

Sophisticated Health Plunder
    RechargeTime: 4.53s
    Heals for 577
    NanoPoints: 296
    Can be countered and fumbled

Preeminent Health Haggler
    RechargeTime: 3.7s
    Heals for 640 (869-229)
    NanoPoints: 163
    Cannot be countered or fumbled

Whats not to like?

nano drains stack with themselves. this means that going up a chain of nano drains like you would with skill drains is useless. start start casting the highest drain you can because you can cast it as many times as you want.

be aware though that while nano drains -do- check to check to see that the target doesn't already have a better nano drain running.

I have my heal right next to my divest and I've never accidentally hit it. What I tend to do is accidentally have myself targeted (don't hit tab hard enough, forget I have myself targeted, whatever).

Oh yeah: multiple hotbars. It really helps to try to make all your hotbars resemble one another so you don't get confused. If you have one bar for being drained, one for being undrained, or maybe one for pvp and one for pvm, it pays to put the drains in the same place, the heals in the same place, your assist button in the same place, etc. Keeps you from getting confused and hitting the wrong button.

Missions: It's perfectly acceptable to calm ahead. If your team doesn't like it, tough luck. You can calm the mobs in adjacent rooms to the one you're in, and then not have to worry as much about adds. It only takes a few seconds, and shouldn't really impact the fight. The only real drawback is you then can't AS those mobs.
    Peachy... just peachy.

I put AoE root next to my drains
    Peek-a-boo I see you.

Originally posted by Peaches

Missions: It's perfectly acceptable to calm ahead. If your team doesn't like it, tough luck. You can calm the mobs in adjacent rooms to the one you're in, and then not have to worry as much about adds. It only takes a few seconds, and shouldn't really impact the fight. The only real drawback is you then can't AS those mobs.
    I usually dont calm ahead, but did the other day. The team instantly started screaming at me for it. Not one person in it was using an AS enabled weapon.

So I didnt do it on the next level. Like all good camnoobs, they ran right into the middle of the first big room on the next level, drew about 10 adds, and Im the only one that didnt visit reclaim.

I've got divest just left of heal and root to the right ..

I don't really screw up much, though, I know my keyboard.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

I've got my traders plunder and my enfs layers at the same hotkey, also PHH and mongo share the same hotkey.

Plundering myself isn't bad, because I really can't land it on myself. But mongoing to heal myself in middle of guards has gotten me running quite a few times.

Tip on calming multiple mobs: AE root first, then use line of sight or range to calm them one at a time.

Originally posted by Mercatura
    PS traders were always caster classes, make sure to point that out to people when a GPH shows up
    GPH went to a 156 atrox MA yesterday. He was offered a dragon chest for it, but he still chose the GPH.
    Sutojah + other random gimps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast