Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARK and Gridstream team up for a massive party and the first ever ARK EXPO

ARK and Gridstream team up for a massive party and the first ever ARK EXPO

03 AUG 03 'ARK and Gridstream team up for a massive party and the first ever ARK EXPO'

The Advisors of a Rubi-ka, an all volunteer customer service group that supports players of Funcom's 'Anarchy Online' will soon be celebrating the induction of their one-hundredth group of volunteers. For the occassion, the ARK's are planning a huge party followed by the first ever ARK EXPO.

To help make these events truely memorable, the Advisor's have teamed up with internet radio personality Tarryk Kozar of Gridstream Productions. Gridstream is a webcast radio group that tailors it's programs to suit the unique tastes and culture of the AO Community and is well known for throwing some of the wildest parties to ever grace Rubi-ka.

The party and EXPO will be held over two days, Friday August 15th on the Atlantean server and Saturday August 16th for the Rimor server.

On both days the festivities will start with a publicly held ARK ceremony followed by the GSP sponsored party, and will conclude with the ARK EXPO. The EXPO is an opportunity for the players of Anarchy Online to talk face to face with ARK's of all ranks and job types to learn more about the ARK program, it's purpose, and about the 'behind the scenes' work that goes into running such a program. All ARK departments will be represented at the Expo, from the well known and loved Bug Hunters of the test server, to the unseen and mysterious ARK's behind the Events Department.

All the info you need:

WHEN: Friday 15 August 2230PM GMT (start gettin there bout then)
    WHAT: ARK Ceremony followed immediately by Gridstream sponsored party! Following the party will be the first ever ARK EXPO!
    WHERE: Atlantean Server. Reet's Retreat main glass floor room the party, and the EXPO at the ICC Outpost in Andromeda.

WHEN: Saturday 16 August 1730PM GMT (get there about then)
    WHAT: ARK Ceremony followed immediately by Gridstream sponsored party! Following the party will be the first ever ARK EXPO!
    WHERE: RIMOR Server. Reet's Retreat main glass floor room the party, and the EXPO at the ICC Outpost in Andromeda.

What we've got going on:
    Dance Contests!
    ARK Fashion Show!
    Huge dancers!
    ARK created special effects!
    The Gridstream Dancers!
    Music provided by Tarryk Kozar and Gridstream Productions!
    Special Item Give-aways and more!

Winners of the dance contests, give-aways and a few lucky citizens will recieve the first 'Jobe' emblemized shirts on the servers for their charachters!

Be sure to get registered to tune in Gridstream before the event so you don't miss out! It's free and painless *believe me, I just did it myself*. www.gridstream.com

UPDATED 11 AUG 03, PLEASE READ BELOW FOR NEW INFORMATION

*UPDATE!
    I was informed this morning that the shirts that I was told were not in use yet are actually in rotation but still not terribly common. SO, we'll still be giving them away along with different prizes.

New prizes you can win at the party and expo include:
    One, as in a single copy, one and only one: Hardback copy of Prophet Without Honor!
    Mister Lucien Specs
    Mister Hadrulf Specs
    Mister Ash Specs *glasses named after several GM's, the glasses will be custom fitted to the winning char in that the ql will be adjusted for max benefit*

And by popular request...Childhood Memory *a TEDDY BEAR! *

LAG ISSUE:
    I some people have expressed concern over lag problems, and that is definately an issue we've considered since this start planning. I've been told by the GM who is supervising this that Reet's Retreat will have it's zone capacity increased for the event to allow more people, and that there's a good chance the zone will be put on it's own server for the event. The dedicated server isn't a guarantee yet, but nearly. The increased zone size is a definate.

GETTING IN:
    Others have expressed concern over multiple instances of reets spawning. Our gracious Hosts, Gridstream, have warpers they will use to get people into our specific instance of reets should another spawn. Look for details from GSP on where the warpers will be and how to get in touch with them.

CONTESTS:
    We're going to have opportunities to win things, and GSP will be doing additional give-aways, SO show up and participate! The Specs and Teddy Bears will be given away for several contests, but if you want to prepare now we've got two major dance contests.

One contest is individuals only, the top three as judged by our ARK Dancers and GSP reps will get their choise of the above prizes.
    The Second dance contest is partners. So you and yer dance partner get a chance to show off all those moves you've been working on The top three couples will get their choise of the above prizes.

LAST NOTES:
    Ok, this is a social function mostly, and we'd like to keep the possibility of problems to a minimum. So I ask the following:

1. If at all possible, please do not have a weapon equipped. NPC harrassment and such is a pain to deal with and is no fun for others. Please dont do it. If you simply can NOT unequipp a weapon and get back on, then go ahead and leave it equipped. But realise there are tons of people around who can probably get you into just about anything.
    2. Armor, see above, we'd like to see social clothes, but hey, if you live in your armor, so be it.
    3. Selling / Trading Items. PLEASE don't do this here. This is not a bazaar and using the shout and other channels to try and sell your equipment or rewards given out at the party is NOT cool. If you want to conduct buisiness, go outside, or be very discrete. This after all is a party, not wall street.

That should cover all the new info I have, and hopefully address some of the questions asked by people in this thread already.

Xnemth and his Pirate Leet!
    Director, ARK Community Relations Department
    Last edited by Xnemth; Aug 12th, 2003 at 15:43:27.
    Retired ARK Xnemth

An event that is worthy of actually attending. Kick ass!
    These are the moments we'll remember for the rest of our restless lives.

damn

doesnt this jsut suck i get to go live in the middle of nowhere for 3 months a week before a nice kickn party like this. man dont i feel lucky.
    eneema-

anima- an individual's true inner self that in the analytic psychology of C. G. Jung reflects archetypal ideals of conduct.

archetypal-Etymology: Latin archetypum, from Greek archetypon, from neuter of archetypos archetypal, from archein + typos type. the original pattern or model of which all things of the same type are representations or copies : PROTOTYPE; also : a perfect example. >>>>>EnEeMa<<<<<

BTW SEA LAB 2021 RULES!!!

Could we get an edit to the main post with times converted to GMT, please. Thank you.
    Flameforge - enforcer of Cerberus

Sounds like a blast! You wouldn't perchance be offering performers an oppurtunity to show off our scripts, would you? (I was originally thinking of composing "Who Let the Arks Out?" but the lyrics to the original song are like 65% chorus and that wouldn't look very good scripted , but perhaps I could find something else worthy for the party ).
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Originally posted by Flameforge
    Could we get an edit to the main post with times converted to GMT, please. Thank you.
    EST is GMT-5, so 5 hrs difference

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I'm so in, this is going to kick ass.

BTW Eneema, love the sig. :P
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Sounds like fun
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

I'm looking forward to it myself.

Advisor Irongryphon
    Forums Moderator

Forums Social Guidelines
    ARK Public Website

Talking ????

Is this attendable by non-ARKs??? Sounds like fun!

Is this attendable by non-ARKs??? Sounds like fun!
    Yes, most definitely, that's kinda the whole point. Anyone may attend!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Including the leets.

A big thx to whoever decided to have a party on Rimor as well - good to know we aren't completely ignored over here

rimor?

what is that ??? some mysterious group of rebels?
    hehe everyone deserves to have a kickn party even rimor....
    eneema-

anima- an individual's true inner self that in the analytic psychology of C. G. Jung reflects archetypal ideals of conduct.

archetypal-Etymology: Latin archetypum, from Greek archetypon, from neuter of archetypos archetypal, from archein + typos type. the original pattern or model of which all things of the same type are representations or copies : PROTOTYPE; also : a perfect example. >>>>>EnEeMa<<<<<

BTW SEA LAB 2021 RULES!!!

Post hmm which one shall i be?

I have so many selves to choose from hehehehehe. problem is deciding which one of me, and on which server. oops this name is known RK2
    Do not seek truth through brighter light, or inspection of appearances. you may find the truth, but it may not be what you were looking for.

Card: The holder of this card is certifiably WIERD

Treat him/her/it as appropriate

I'm there!!
    Must shop, get a better wardrobe to impress the Arks.
    Thank god that I'm on Rimor the party is at 3 Pm this means +7 hours for me.
    This is manageable and a nice time to start partying.

See you all there.

*contemplates attending both parties*
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Eastern Standard Time is 5 hours behind GMT, right?

Meaning (in GMT), RK1 starts at 1am Saturday morning
    and RK2 starts at 8pm Saturday.

(Just for fellow Brits and anyone else livin my time band...)
    DelamekoStone

"Up there, you got the comsats. Raining data... Digitised rich folks, on their way between bodies. Skeins of memory and feeling and thought, packaged up by numbers..."

Rimorian-Clan Adv-Rimor
    Mezakin-Clan Shade-Rimor
    Deadwyler-Clan Meta-Rimor

Time zones are funky with daylight savings this time of year. I operate in EDT, which is an hour past EST, which is GMT + 5.

Suffice to say that the times given ARE a bit vague. If you want to make the party right from the start, I would suggest Midnight GMT on Friday night and around 6 or 7pm GMT on Rimor Saturday night.

Note: If you show up early, you can probably bet that others will too. Just like any party, hang out, have a drink! Never know who else might be popping by.
    Last edited by Tarryk; Aug 5th, 2003 at 19:49:20.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast