Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With 14.2, Please let us change Professions!

level 1-30 I am a Fixer
    level 31-100 I am a Fixer
    level 101-200 I am a Fixer

That would be a touch more appropriate for the gimped section.

Then there's the "C0ck-teased" section:

level 1-30 I am an Adventurer
    level 31-100 I am an Adventurer
    level 101-200 I am an Adventurer

Oh, wait, then there's the... "I hate myself, I want to die" section:

level 1-30 I am an Agent
    level 31-100 I am an Agent
    level 101-200 I am an Agent and I hate my existance

(And no, I'm not bashing you agents, you've been clubbed with the nerf bat in ways that Verant could only aspire to)...

And, of course, there's the "Dammit, why do I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else" section:

level 1-30 I am an NT
    level 31-100 I am an NT
    level 101-200 I am a subscriber that's waiting for the subscription to run out

*sigh*

You know, if we could actually LOG IN to this game that we pay for, I bet we could suffer and fulfill those above roles, but nah, why even speculate about prof. changing when it's been over a month since the patch announcement with NO subsequent information, and 1/2 the player base can't even log in or zone consistently?
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

Then what makes us different, what defines us, all the people we know will change before Our very eyes.

Im stayin enf and thats that!

Cuz I aint wasting money/doing missions *(again) for the cyrstals I dont have/weapons dont have.

Talking Change is a good thing

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Then what makes us different, what defines us, all the people we know will change before Our very eyes.

Im stayin enf and thats that!

Cuz I aint wasting money/doing missions *(again) for the cyrstals I dont have/weapons dont have.
    Change is a good thing...the alternative is what you see in a lot of your friends online: they aren't logging in to play their main characters. They have filled their alts, filled alts on a second or third account, or switched entirely to the alt account.

You can stay enf, that's great! In a world of change, you can be the rock, and I'm sure others will join you.

If that long time playmate doctor, who you left the backyard with, decided to go trader, and asked for your help in getting trader nanos, would you help him get them? Wouldn't the game be a bit more interesting, in that these missions would mean something because you're friend needs the reward item?

An rpg based in the distant future should allow for some creative character possiblities.

What if you were able to keep some of your old profession nanoprograms? Maybe only those of a QL below 50, if you are above level 100, or below 15, if you change below 50.

What if you're skills and abilities didn't change color when you changed professions? Whoa! Then profession changes would really have to be thought out, since you could start NT to get all green nano programs and then change to Agent so that you could be the best nano agent ever, only to find out that you have less hps, less nano, and no ranged init or rifle skills. Doh!

Of course, these are just ideas, and profession changes are different from an IP Reallocation system, but there are some interesting possibilities for the game, even for an enforcer.

Cheers,
    Abunari

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Now I can see where we are going :

level 1-30 I am an Enforcer
    level 31-100 I am a MP
    level 101-140 I am a Trader
    level 141-200 I am a Doc

I start to like the idea afterall. Let it be easy for everyone then, just make title caps where the profession is changed automatically. Just click a simple selection at startup :

profession UBER (see above)
    profession GIMPED (see below)

Of course the GIMPED option is for ppl that really like to have some fun :

level 1-30 I am an NT
    level 31-100 I am an Adventurer
    level 101-200 I am a Fixer

Oooooh... can't wait the patch.
    Heh, dunno that I agree that NTs are gimped to level 30, I've soloed at least 3 of them up to almost that level, it's easy. If you really want life to be hard from 1-30, go for a doc or trader.

Post What?

I personally think this idea suck a$$

Why would you change your profession? If you choose a profession, stick with it... or else start a new char, its as easy as that!
    Gengjin 200 ma clan RK1
    Warpus 77 engi clan RK1
    Hottendot 55 doc clan RK1
    Neurosilence 91 NT clan RK1
    Noonie 46 fixer RK1

There are a few professions that have been drastically "changed" (nerfed?) from what they originally started out to be. Some of these classes STILL don't work right, and not many people play these professions (at high levels) anymore as a result.

A LOT of time and care has gone into making these characters, with tokens, credits and friends all in the mix. Like Eleetist said "I chose the proffession I wanted to play, but Funcom changed that from the proffesion I wanted to play into a joke at high levels... "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12