Thread: About profession frequency...

Question About profession frequency...

Hello there!

I'm a bit new to the game and been wondering a few things... I have a level 25 bureaucrat and level 30 soldier and am thinking about starting from the scratch to do skills properly and so on.. Would like to know a few things from more older players.

What classes are the rarest and which one is the most frequently seen..? Which one you seem to be always lacking and which one would you like to have in your team when you have one more space and all basics covered..? Which character would clearly pop out of the crowd!? Which characters are you missing...?

Other question... Is there a difference in population between the servers? Is RK2 more popular than RK1? Any attitudes more prevalent or does some type of players gravitate to the other.. Roleplayers seem to be a planety on both which I like Which one has more "mature" feeling to it?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jhaen; Oct 27th, 2003 at 20:16:09.

To answer a few of the questions:

Docs are almost always the most welcome class to any group.

MAs, Enforcers and Fixers are probably the most common classes.

RK-1 has more people and is more active socially, roleplaying-wise and event-wise than RK-2. Probably more mature too given the greater amount of role-players.
    Chiannies
    "My full name is Chiannies. But nobody calls me that. The "s" at the end is silent. Please call me Chiannie! It's pronounced like this: ch (like the first sound of chocolate) + ahhh (like ahhh!) + knee (like your knee). Not Chia Pet, either," says Chiannie.
    Fixer 120 -- Atlantean (on my spare time, I've also become a Doctor 65 and a Keeper 43 -- I'm a multitalented girl!)
    Applicant of Valor Eternal (EG)
    Martial Artist 157 -- Rimor
    Veteran of Ive Got Your Back
    Style over Substance

Re: About profession frequency...

Originally posted by Arocle
    Hello there!

I'm a bit new to the game and been wondering a few things... I have a level 25 bureaucrat and level 30 soldier and am thinking about starting from the scratch to do skills properly and so on.. Would like to know a few things from more older players.

What classes are the rarest and which one is the most frequently seen..? Which one you seem to be always lacking and which one would you like to have in your team when you have one more space and all basic covered..? Which character would clearly pop out of the crowd!? Which characters are you missing...?

Other question... Is there a difference in population bewtween the servers? Is RK2 more popular than RK1? Any attitudes more prevalent or does some type of players gravitate to the other.. Roleplayers seem to be a planety on both which I like Which one has more "mature" feeling to it?

Thanks in advance
    Those are som BIG questions and probably the answers very debatable.

Crats are amongst the rarest of the classes while fixers and enforcers seem to be the most common. Docs are always in short supply it seems so always get a team.

I think RK1 may still have more people but it's probably balanced out some. RK1 is certainly MUCH more active in the social and RP scene than RK2 from what I have observed. As far as maturity....I think you'll find mature people on both servers.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

You're alot like me I asked this question too when I first started out. My perceptions thus far is that there is a definate shortage of healing. As an adventurer I'm usually the only healer in the group which is fine by me, but doctors are always more than welcome I often find that because I'm the second best healing profession in the game... Adventurers are often targets of groups wanting them, if they can't find a doc. Which happens more often than it should. I believe I'm rambling at this point... moving on.

Obviously the bureacrat is another lesser played class just because they are alittle more difficult to play and you have to really like crowd control. They are another class I like to group with. Right now... some of the more common classes in my opinion are KEEPERS (oh gee), shades, and enforcers ( damn your infinite HP! )...

Classes that are just averagely played.. that I personally love to group with are... Nanotechs! I love them.. so so much. Their nano regen / buffs just rock my world. Fixers are ok... they are very common but they are mostly solo twinks so groups are not often inundated with them. They have NICE buffs and are helpful backing up my heals with their Heal over time when I'm stuck in the main healing role.

Thats my two cents... and just based on my experiences in the game. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Olevia; Oct 27th, 2003 at 20:38:55.
    -------------------------------

Lvl 7x Solitus Trader **Annastazia**
    Unity of the Rose (EG)
    Rubi Ka 1 - Atlantean

http://auno.org/ao/stats.php

if you wanna see the percentages of professions per dimension, etc...

As for the difference btwn Rimor and Atlantean... your mileage may vary. I've found plenty of friendly and mature players on Rimor. There are things going on, but perhaps not so apparent from the forums.

I'm considering rolling an Atl alt to see if there is a big difference in attitude, but I really think there are gonna be good and bad seeds in both dimensions and that it's the luck of the draw who you end up dealing with right away.

Good luck which ever your choice.

Happy hunting.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Smile

Thanks you for the comments.. I will prolly be falling towards a solitus/opifex bureaucrat now... I like crowd control and want a small amount of soloing capability and I think it would be a nice class to play in every respect for me.. The character of the character is also steadily starting to form in my mind.. Keep the comments coming still. I think there are some others who are interested in the same topic who are just starting..

Also falling in favor with Atlantea... Not sure yet though.. Will have to think about it.

Thanks once more for the feedback!

Crats are actually a very good solo class I understand. Best wishes with your selection and remember, you can always roll a new character if your not happy with your choice.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.