Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer Website

Downloaded Opera. Seems to be a problem where Opera doesn't recognize the style sheets. Don't worry though, if I can't get it working in Opera, I'll go ahead and uninstall Opera :)
    Level 210 Vanguard Kaelien | Current Equipment
    .theAdventurer | AO Bookmarks

Executing Nano Program: Leet Friend.
    Nano program execution error. You fumbled.
    Leet: roxxor
    Attacked by Leet!

I wanted to make note of the Pilgrim armors even though that section isn't done.

Pilgrim Protector and Visionary are not Adventurer armors.

Pilgrim Seeker isn't in-game right now and I'm not sure you'd want to include it. OT scout armor is missing from the list as the Counterpart to Pilgrim Seeker.

You're probably already aware, but thought I'd point it out to help.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Thanks for pointing that out ;)

The two offending Pilgrim armors have been removed and i'll go ahead and add the two Omni-Scout armors.
    If anyone else sees items that are specifically non adventurer up here, please let me know ;)
    When doing batch after batch of adding, it's easy to miss the reqs sometimes, especially on unfamiliar items.

Attacked by Leet!

Ahhhhhhh STAY AWAY FROM ME OPERA USER!

Thumbs up luvvit

i love the site and i see lots of potential there, nice layout and easy to use

just what id expect from my sis

keep up the good work and let me know if you want another melee expert helping you, i dont know anything about pistols though

oh ill have the list of items you wanted compiled soon as i sort through my bank, i may be some time
    "Someone once said i cannot control my anger, well they changed their mind after i broke both their arms!!!!" - knightsabre

Master Swordswoman, Rimor
    Tried pistols, reset pistols, pistols suck....

a great site keep up the good work

I will be happy to help you as much as I can. I am old school and am still around hehe...

For instance...

I see a number of items and weapons that are on a "do not touch" list, may I ask why? Some of them are not only useful, but even fun for up and coming folks...Remember to keep it factual, and avoid opinions whenever possible

I love writing, and have also have noticed a few fun items and ideas I'd be happy to write some articles for You can reach me here, via email, or ask most anyone in irc or on RK-1, sigh...
    Last edited by Catalyste; Aug 6th, 2003 at 05:34:16.
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Originally posted by Catalyste
    For instance...

I see a number of items and weapons that are on a "do not touch" list, may I ask why? Some of them are not only useful, but even fun for up and coming folks...Remember to keep it factual, and avoid opinions whenever possible
    I would love to hear your opinions on what you think was improperly classified...

However, the "Do not touch" list for Pistols, at least, was determined mostly by damage (or lack thereof) and little more. Every item on that list as pathetic damage that would do little more than gimp someone to use.

Personally, I can't come to terms with recommending a weapon just 'cause it looks cool or is fun... since that's really something a savvy player can figure out on their own. IMO, a new player mostly needs to know what the most effective weapons are moreso than what the most interesting weapons are.

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Aug 6th, 2003 at 19:34:58.

Originally posted by Jayde
    I would love to hear your opinions on what you think was improperly classified...
    Still waiting for a message as to where to do this, I want to contribute, not just comment

*waves at Kaelien*
    Last edited by Catalyste; Aug 11th, 2003 at 12:22:44.
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Re: Adventurer Website

Originally posted by Kaelien
    If you disagree with the article that i've written: Great! Send me a personal message (pm) about it via the AO forums. We'll discuss it. Please do not post them in this thread :)
    Hehe ;) Still quite interested :) Going to soon set up an email address for the site where comments/suggestions can be sent as well. Depending on who wrote the article, the best way to comment about the article/rating is to send a pm on the forums :) Now that it's calmed down a bit though I guess I don't mind so much if they are posted in this thread if it's easier for you to post here
    Last edited by Kaelien; Aug 11th, 2003 at 16:53:22.

Attacked by Leet!

Found out about the site a couple days ago and just have been delinquent in posting

But WOW!!!

Is looking like it is going to be full of very useful info!!

Nice work all

I didn't see CAS armor in the armor section, maybe you could add it?
    Atlantean Vanguard Adventurer
    Lost Chapter

"On tue un homme : on est un assassin. On en tue des millions : on est un conquérant. On les tue tous : on est un Dieu."

will do, check back tomorrow ;) Kael is tired atm ;)

Attacked by Leet!

heya,lately i found a couple weapons that maybe could be of interest for you and Jayde and put some input about them since they arent in the page yet(both are 14.9 weapons).
    first is a melee one : Blade of Aesthetic Rage
    and next is a ranged one:Prototype EVA Survivor

I can borrow you those weapons for testing to try them on live server and check how good/bad they are,just send me a PM here or a ingame tell to Galician

I'd love to try out the EVA Survivor.. I didn't stick it on the site because I haven't had one drop yet for me and they still seemed really rare.

I'll send ya a tell tonight or tomorrow and maybe we can do a firing test on the poor Secondhand Peddler and see what there is to see.

-Jayde

the weapons have been added, along with CAS armor :) Thanks for the suggestions of things to add everyone, please keep them coming :)

Attacked by Leet!

Originally posted by Jayde
    I'd love to try out the EVA Survivor.. I didn't stick it on the site because I haven't had one drop yet for me and they still seemed really rare.

I'll send ya a tell tonight or tomorrow and maybe we can do a firing test on the poor Secondhand Peddler and see what there is to see.

-Jayde
    roger thats

For someone old to AO, but new to the lifestyle of adventurers, I love the way this site is going!
    I've wanted to play an adventurer for quite some time now, but, since I don't really know anybody with that profession, and since I haven't found any guides I liked, I've postponed it for ages... Now, then, is the time to boldly go where so many have gone before: To the wilderness!
    Thanks for an interesting site, I drop by several times a day to see if anything happens

I just thought about something...
    The info you give on every piece of item is wonderful, but would it be possible for you to add something like "What it's worth"?
    It would make it so much easier for us n00b adventurers to know how much we should expect to pay for each item...
    As I said, it's just a thought...

How about adding the Ceremonial Watchman's Hood to the "Special Armors" Section?
    You get the QL 140 Version when you hack one of the Obsidian Jars from IS.
    Then you can level it up to QL 180.

Not the best Headgear, but ok i think
    Ken "Stokeley" Capo - Account Created: 2001-06-28 18:39:03

Men should be judged, not by their tint of skin,
    The Gods they serve, the Vintage that they drink,
    Nor by the way they fight, or love, or sin,
    But by the quality of thought they think.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast