Thread: Leaders of neutrality – part 2

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Leaders of neutrality – part 2

Leaders of neutrality – part 2
    Leaflet

Being a leader is a job filled with responsibility. Most of the people on Rubi-Ka work under some sort of chain of command, be it clans, Omni-Tek departments or neutral organizations. Reporter May Wong followed a number of neutral leaders to see what challenges they face in their daily duties.

Only a few days after I had finished my first article, I was scheduled to meet another leader. This time one who was recently elected president of a newfound organization. Mr. Ike 'Fikksit' Schatz is the leader of The Union, an organization he wishes to see as a place where people will be educated and trained in multiple areas. All in the best interest of Rubi-Ka and her people.

Prior to this meeting, Fikksit had told me about his past as the Intel Officer of Desert Winds, and how he had broken out of this organization after finding himself incompatible with the BORPAC alliance. He specified the reason was the methods the alliance used to establish themselves and their agenda. He left his old group, banded together with a few good friends and was elected president of a newly registered union.

Once again, my day with a leader started in Borealis. Fikksit was explaining me how he had worked hard to establish the administration of the organization and how this seemed to have come to a satisfying end now. He stressed that the group was a small democracy in itself, and that most decisions weren’t his and his alone. However, it’s often the leaders job to take care of problems, large and small, and he was no exception. “I don't make appropriations on a day to day basis, though it's my job to do the tough decisions. Like if someone turns out to be unsuitable, it's my job to pass the boot.”

In a town like Borealis, one will almost always hear chitchat and stories on the corners. That day was no different. A meta-physicist told us about visions he had had about Jobe and the scientists there, talking about ages of shadows and all sorts of meta-physical things. Fikksit himself seemed rather sceptical at the whole PR campaign, and was worried that they were trying to attract so called “guinea pigs” to conduct experiments on. He would indeed visit the city of Jobe, but would not be elbowing his way in the front of the line. His organizations welfare and completion comes first.

Leaving Borealis, we headed to Newland for some food. Sitting outside the BrontoBurger stand, Fikksit and myself had more time to talk.

We discussed the mercenaries, and he told me how he at first had been very happy to see them in Newland, to keep clansmen away. Explaining why he has an issue with the clans, he said “I realise there are good clanners in the mix, but until they prove themselves otherwise I treat clanners they way most of them treat me.” However, he had recently become su****ious that the mercenaries have a hidden agenda. His brother had built a service tower to measure air quality and he had set this tower up in Newland. Immediately after he finished assembling the small tool-tower, the mercenaries attacked both the tower and him. None of the mercenaries or their leader Loren Warr would comment on this issue. Certainly something to ponder.

After only a few minutes, we were joined by Ms. Emma 'Pyromanche' Peele, former president of Elite Operations and co-founder of The Union. We didn’t have much of a chance to talk, as she was called out in defence just after arriving in Newland. Shortly after, Fikksit himself was called to defend. Our time was up, and I didn’t follow him to the battlefield.

A young organization has a lot of work cut out for it, and most of it falls on the president, who has to build a solid foundation of advisors around him. Fikksit is one of the people willing to take the responsibility of creating democracy within a group of people, and the fire in his eyes told me he will see it accomplished as well.

This was the second of a series of articles, under the feature “A day in the life of a leader”. Next time, we will present a woman who works to create understanding between the clans, Omni-Tek and neutrals…one person and organization at a time.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Jul 23rd, 2003 at 21:29:45.

A young organization has a lot of work cut out for it, and most of it falls on the president, who has to build a solid foundation of advisors around him. Fikksit is one of the people willing to take the responsibility of creating democracy within a group of people, and the fire in his eyes told me he will see it accomplished as well.
    Ike 'Fikksit' Schatz is an excellent leader and we admire him greatly and the work he is doing with Union.

Nice article

Another nice story Miss Wong and interesting to learn a bit more about Fikks
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!