Thread: Another day - Another Crash - Another Character Raped!!

Angry Another day - Another Crash - Another Character Raped!!

Don't ya just love the way FunCom congratulates themselves on how stable this game is?? Or how about all the "improvements" they've made to stablity? Makes me wonder which game their playing!! Certainly NOT Anarchy Online!

From the very start I've had a reoccuring Problem. I'm standing next to the bank going through my bags, for whatever reason. And the game crashes, or the zone crashes. And when I get back in the bags I had pulled out aren't in my inventory any more and they aren't in the bank. It happened again tonight!

Of course my Problem is that this represents a "financial loss" to that character. Items saved up and not sold just go POOF!! And we all (should) know that FunCom doesn't, won't, "refuses" to do anything about it! I'd suggest they "find a way" to compensate characters who have this happen. Instead of telling their "customers" to just "piss off". This is not an "Act of God" it is poor programming and bad server management. They should act responsibly. Maybe, eventually, enough of you will get completely tired of this (like I am) and we can figure out a way to "force" the Issue. But some of you LAMERS will obviously never care. So the probability is very slim.

BTW this isn't the only Problem AO has. It's just one that keeps coming back, over and over .... And I'm just trying to vent some of my frustration instead of just cancelling my account. But here's my best attempt at a "constructive suggestion" ->

Make Vehicles sellable to the shops. All of my characters (with one very young exception) have multiple vehicles which I've picked up in missions. I know I'm not the only one either. Another Guilde has at least 7 Mids at last count. So most of these simply "Pile UP" in the bank. I mean face it. Once you have a Yalmaha you don't have any use for the others. FunCom doesnt' have to make them "Tradeable" per se. Just let us sell them to the proper shop terminal.

Another suggestion might be to "give us more loot" from missions at least. It's not easy to make it financially in this game. And I know that many of you "buy your credits" because of this fact. Everything is simply "too expensive" - Implants, Armor... And the vast majority of the missions I take provide a lot of XP and very little loot. I can spend 2 hours plus on a single mission and leave without filling 1 bag. And this says nothing of the "quality" of the loot either. I've actually had missions that gave me Numerous Maps (to both Newland and Mort) - as in 26 maps from 1 single mission. Now what the "F" is up with that? That's "stupid" in my book. Or what about all those "locked chests" that are empty??? I mean why are they even locked if they have nothing in them? Really it's so "bad" most of the time I can't "afford" to have my characters level up! Because if I do then I can't afford to buy new Implants let alone new armor, weapons, nanos, etc... So IMO something has got to change.... "yesterday"!

I'm not gonna stand up for Funcom on this one, but I don't agree, mostly.

1. If funcom compensated people in any way, I believe there are enough dishonest people out there that it would actually screw with the economy. I always try to work around the bugs when I encounter them....if you crash alot when at the bank, hurry up your transactions so you don't spend too much time there. Grab all the bags you think the item might be in etc....until they fix it.

2. Use Yalmbot...it works

3. RIGHT ON BROTHER! I think there is way too little variation in chest loot, and now WAY too many are locked.
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

How does Yalmbot work if the loot expires in 10-15 minutes? Do you need to keep the chest open or something?

If so they should specify that in the help message. When I checked it last week to see what it was all about, I noticed that it didn't mention anything about that.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Post Somehow you don't understand....

Psilex you don't understand. I don't crash allot. But both of us should realize that the zones in AO DO crash fairly regularly. I can't predict it! (well sometimes I can) And it doesn't matter how much time I've spent at the bank. There have been times I've run to the Bank, pulled out some bags to go sell some stuff and before I could get to the shop I was headed for WHAMO!! the zone goes down and the bags I pulled are lost!!!

And I don't have any intention of using Yalmbot. I do allot of missions. Most of my Characters have Yalms... plus Mids, Kodiaks, Watercraft. I might be inclined to keep a watercraft (read 1) for the Engie and Adventurer. But all the rest are just a waste. With the exception of my lvl 3 Crat - all of my characters have at least 3 vehicles that will never be used. So I want to get something out of them!

Along the same lines I feel that Bracers should be tradable. They aren't any different IMO from Rings or shoulder pads. So why can't they be traded??

Unhappy Well at least one person at FunCom agrees with me ..

Yeah I finally got a response from Geoff Higgins. All he could do was sympathize with my "loss". But at least he did agree with me that mission loot "sucks". But I'm still stuck trying to overcome FunCom's latest "****".

It really bothers me that I can do a mission that takes 2 hours + and not come out with 1 bag full of loot! It's so bad that I'm just about to quit. Then the same thing happens to one of my Guidmates.... And she lost stuff the Guild just doesn't have in quantity (Nano Armor). One of the questions she asked me was "how I recovered??" All I could tell her was that I pulled stuff from other characters, which didn't help her at all because this is her first and only character.

I didn't stay on long enough to find out if they helped her. But I'll bet that if it ever happens again she'll just quit. Which is definately what I would do - if I hadn't already paid for a 6-month subscription recently. FunCom just will not learn.

Angry mmmmkay

"Maybe, eventually, enough of you will get completely tired of this (like I am) and we can figure out a way to "force" the Issue. But some of you LAMERS will obviously never care. So the probability is very slim. "

You may want to rethink your recruitment tactics. Something a little more flattering might get people on your side.

"But I'll bet that if it ever happens again she'll just quit. Which is definately what I would do - if I hadn't already paid for a 6-month subscription recently. "

Yeah ok. "Im not enjoying this, but I'm damn well gonna play for EVERY SINGLE DAY of my 6 month subscription just to spite you Funcom. I won't enjoy it though, really!! Hey! Why are you laughing?!?" lol. If you had stopped having fun you would stop playing. Regardless of how much you had paid in advance.

As it happens I agree that stability issues ruin the whole gameplay experience. The whole 'suspension of disbelief' thing goes out the window when I spend half my night staring at the blue reboot screen.

However, your delivery is apalling, and your demands childish and unreasonable. Grow up!

Post Re: Another day - Another Crash - Another Character Raped!!

Originally posted by Ladeda
    I can spend 2 hours plus on a single mission and leave without filling 1 bag.
    Yep, agree, seems like we should find more.

Or what about all those "locked chests" that are empty??? I mean why are they even locked if they have nothing in them?
    Change your mission sliders. The Open-Hidden slider is the documented "get more locked chests" slider. Move it all the way to open. I think it's bugged a little because even if I have it just a bit away from full Open, say 10%, I still get over 1/2 locked chests. But if I have it 100% Open, then I get very few.

But some of you LAMERS will obviously never care.
    It's a real sign of weakness when a person cannot control their temper - especially when they lash out on the wrong side! Get a hold of yourself. Leave the game if you must. This is childish behavoir and a person should not let themselves lose control in that way.

Martek