Thread: What are the weapons are there that only use a single Skill requirement?

What are the weapons are there that only use a single Skill requirement?

For example the Vektor shotgun only requires the Shotgun skill. So are there any other weapons that are the same...

i.e. Pistols that only use the Pistol skill...swords that only use 1he etc...

Cheers...

Vektor ND series shotguns
    Secure Arms Defender series shotguns
    OT Windchaser SM series shotguns
    Chunkprojector series shotguns
    PNG Tactical Revolver series pistols
    Knights Inc. Special-Purpose series pistols
    River MV series pistols
    Khemo Tech Pocket 20 series pistols
    Notum Lever series 2h blunts
    Club series 1h blunts
    Parrying Stick series MA weapons
    Khemo Tech Wakizashi series 2h edges
    Tear Blade series 1h edges
    DNA-Locked Blaster Rifle series rifles
    Gatling Saw series assault rifles
    Flamethrower series assault rifles

Wonder why there isn't any SMG that requires only SMG.
    Last edited by Nianna; Nov 23rd, 2001 at 14:54:45.

Thank you very much for that info...

So it looks like if I wanted to invest a character in a single weapon skill shotgun could possibly be the best as there is more of this type?

What's your suggestion on this?

Originally posted by Hiero
    Thank you very much for that info...

So it looks like if I wanted to invest a character in a single weapon skill shotgun could possibly be the best as there is more of this type?

What's your suggestion on this?
    What profession?

The constantly recurrung discussion about metas and weapons....

Metas can be very effective with no weapon.

If you choose to use a weapon, you need to continually invest a lot of IPs in a dark blue skill. The skill needs to be kept maxed every level in order to keep a decent QL weapon equipped or you will getting minimum damage hits. Dark blue skills get disgustingly expensive at higher levels.
    Unless you are a twink, keeping your weapon up-to-date is an unneeded expense.
    Using the best possible pet is paramount.
    When you get up to level 60-65, your pet nanos are going to be costing 150-200k.

If you simply must use a weapon, a Vektor ND Shotgun isn't a terrible choice.

Cheers...thanks for the replies both here and on my other thread.

I think I will let my MP go weaponless and combat skill-less, and try and save some IP incase I change my mind later on. Once again...thanks for the info...

Miir and I have an ongoing disagreement about Metaphysicists using weapons.

If you're a nanomage, do what Miir tells you. He's the authority on standard pet-and-nuke metaphysicists.

If you're solitus or -- it does happen -- Atrox, then you have the option of being a variant of the Metaphysicist which has gotten the nickname 'Tankmage'. The main difference between this and normal MPs is that you want to tank the mobs, leaving your pet free to make the kills. A good weapon helps with that.

For MPs, the best weapons are 2hEdged/Martial Arts/Bow (very slight affinity with these weapons), Shotgun (only one skill required; massive critical hits), or 1hBlunt/2hBlunt (to use the new Creation nanos). After seeing the creation nanos, I'd have to say they're definitely worth the effort. I'm now transferring my character from a 2hEdged user to a 1hBlunt user, mostly by changing implants. You'll do more damage with Shotgun/2hEdged (and thus, tank better), but the created shields *significantly* help a meta's survivability. An atrox meta with a deep red pet, maxed evades, tank armor, and a Solar Guard is one of the hardest things you'll ever try to kill.

Whatever you choose, have fun.