Thread: How weapons are available that only have a single skill requirement?

Question How weapons are available that only have a single skill requirement?

For example the Vektor shotgun only requires the Shotgun skill. So are there any other weapons that are the same...

i.e. Pistols that only use the Pistol skill...swords that only use 1he etc...

Cheers...

Only Assault Rifle

Flame Thrower

Only Pistol

There is one, but I can't for my life remember the name right now.

Only shotgun

Chunkprojector, and I think one of the OT models

Only rifle

Not seen any so far

Only energy

Not seen any so far

Only Melee

I don't think there is one. Its the nature of these weapons to need more skills to balance off their other characteristics (damage, delay, no need for ammo)

Hope it helps

Zigg

Thanks for the info...that will be a big help...

Cheers...

S.A. Home Defender requires only shotgun skill, uses shotgun ammo. Does the same damage as the Vektor.

The pistol with only Pistol Skill requirements is the "Khemo Tech Model 07"

finally got it

Zigg

The "OT Backup" sidearm is also a pistol-only weapon, as far as I can remember.
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

Exclamation just a note

You will never find a weapon that require only energy, as that isn't an attack skill.

PNG Tactical Revolver is a solid pistol that only requires pistol to use.

The closest "sword" I have seen to a single skill weapon is the MTI sword, which uses 1h edged, and brawl. Just about every melee weapon in existance has some sort of special attack attached to them, which means no cheap IP weapons here.

All rifles have either aimed shot, or fast attack attached to the requirements, so these are two skill weapons.

There is a Flamethrower that uses pure assault rifle skill. It's actually a really good fire weapon, if you don't mind spending the cash for flamethrower ammuntion.

There isn't a SMG in existance that doesn't have at least burst tacked on as a special attack. It's in the definition somewhere.

Closest thing I have found to a "pure" ranged energy weapon is the Magical Stave of Inferno. This toy uses ranged energy and aimed shot skill.

Found one

My new engineer just found a Gatling Saw 20k that require assult rifle only. Uses bullets, but I dunno how good the weapon is as I have no weapon to compare it to. One of you number crunchers could maybe take a look at the items database over at ao.hackersquest and see what you can come up with

Dont forget your fists

Sure, they exist, but specials are good!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet