Thread: 5 Minutes of boredom 20+ times a mission = 100 minutes BORED player. Pls Remove it.

5 Minutes of boredom 20+ times a mission = 100 minutes BORED player. Pls Remove it.

I am enjoying my experience here on AO. There are some issuse for my chosen profession, but that is not why I'm Posting here.

Im posting about something that effect's us all. And adds 3-5 minutes of boredom to the game, many MANY times per mission.

Im talking about the 3 to 5 minutes I sit around with a root, snare, derpive skills and dot. My enemy is dead. There is no one attacking me, there are no mobs in range to shoot to try to get them to knock the root off. Nothing for it but to wait it out for 3-5 minutes of doing nothing.

If this was a rare occurance, It would not be a problem, but i find that about 2/3rds of my time is not spent doing nothing but waiting on these to go away.

I understand the need to not be able to cancel them while you are in a fight, and the mob that cast them is alive. I understand the need to not be able to cancel the dots, as they still have a chance of killing you (Especially if rooted.) And also it runs down some of the time on our current buffs. However spending over an hour in a mission of doing NOTHING is getting on my nerves, and is probably annoying other people as well.

Here is a possible solution that, while not effecting combat or peoples survivability, would greatly help.

The following conditions would apply.
    1. The caster of it is dead.
    2. The player is not under any attack.

Make it a skill that takes 10-15 seconds to use, cancels ALL buffs (helpful and otherwise) and makes all dots do thier full ammount of dammage in 1 hit. Heck even have it dump our nano pool to 0.

Yes you could die from it but as the mobs are using roots that last longer and longer, this is getting more annoying and more annoying as I level. Its a playabilty issue. Otherwise its a fun game.

Im a level 63 fixer. When I recently fought a fixer based mob (It was using fixer nanos) It was yellow to me, and JUST as I killed it, it hit me with Greater Prolong Encounter.(Note: it should not have been able to use that nano on me but thats an Issue for another thread) Nothing else was around. I was in no danger, but i was stuck for 5 minutes with no way to do anything. It wasnt fun. I play to have fun.

Give us all something that fixes this problem. Maybe a

"NCU Reset Switch"
    Location Utilities
    Target cannot be in a fight
    No Living Hostile Nano Casters
    Attack speed 15s
    Recharge 15s
    Skills locked on use:
    Treatment: 10 seconds
    Time and Space: 15 seconds

Effects
    Nano Pool -50%
    All buffs/Debuff/HOT's are canceled
    All Dots do their maximum dammage*ammount of time left.

This would not unbalence the game because of the above restrictions. The caster would have to be dead, you couldnt be in a fight, all dammage would hit you that would have to, it would merely eliminate the thuroughly annoying and utterly boring time from what otherwise can be a fast paced fun game.

From a programming perspective you would have to at the point any nano that is executed that is flagged as hostile, that source's ID would be stored with the nano. When this is attempted all hostile flagged nanos are checked to see if a PC/NPC of that ID is in the play area. The not in fight check is already in place for the med kit and nano recharger checks. Any hostile DOT dammage would be added up (multiplied by the ammout of time left on it) and and applied then the users NCU would be Cleared.

Instead of 5 minutes, I would be back in action in about 1 minute. It wouldnt be time sitting there staring blankly as the nano slowly goes away it would be re-freshing my buffs and getting setup. It would be more expensive as I would have to recast my 1 hour buffs far more often than I do now. But at least I woulndt be sitting there falling asleep durring your game.

Just My 2 Credits.

Anyhow, Bump if you think this is a good Idea.
    Last edited by Tanshanya; Mar 12th, 2002 at 05:00:25.

You can still break roots as before, by using a hostile NF on yourself (like any of the General ones). The only difference is it won't work if you are in a fight. Once the fight is over... break away!

Effects
    Nano Pool -50%
    All buffs/Debuff/HOT's are canceled
    All Dots do their maximum dammage*ammount of time left.
    I would never use this if it canceled all my buffs.

I usually have like 300+ NCUs filled so no chance I would recast that every time I get rooted.

Just make it 15 sec cast time and 15 recharge and it would remove all debuffs/roots.

Would even be fair if you could use it when you are under attack.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.