Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

OMG!

I'm downright EMBARRASED now because of my fellow engineers. I'm level 163. I can solo a lvl 170ish (can't remember right now what QL the missions I get are) mission. Yes, I die sometimes if there are mobs that will not aggro my pet, but I can do it! My pet is ORANGE to me and it does its job pretty good. If there are three orange MAs or enforcer NPCs in the first room, I just delete the mission and head out for another since those are impossible to kill sometimes. So what? Oh no.. I can't have a blood red pet anymore.. boo hooooo.

Get yourself a gun that does okay damage with your pet and not those stupid pillows. You'll do more damage with a QL 150ish PNG pistol and a self buffed pet than a slayerdroid that way. And yes, keep your trimmers up to date as well since they ARE helpfull.

Get a grip of yourself engineers! Most professions past a certain level can't even solo a 40% difficulty mission and you're complaining you can't solo a lvl 200 mission at level 112 anymore? You CAN solo even a 60% difficulty mission with self buffed pets if you use your brains. Yes, you will die sometimes, yes you will rip your hair from your head because of pet pathing etc, but you can do good with a self buffed pet.

Originally posted by Dr. Sent

People are going to give up a chance to play around with their IP's and just outright quit? Pretty unimaginable.

The quitting argument is pretty weak, people quit all the time. This patch is long overdue, shame that implants and NCU's are being left alone.
    while many will quit immediately out of anger at their favorite
    feature being removed from the game (caps and penalites are
    the same thing as removed) the real loss will be over time,
    as people realize that the only thing that matters is what
    level you are and 2 characters of equal level will always be
    capped at equal character strength.. and that just doesnt
    bode well for anyone with a competative nature.

IMO, with this one patch, they've turned a strategy game into
    a button-mashing game; PvP will be about who hit the hotkeys
    fastest and combat between 2 equal level players will come down
    to random dicerolls. how long will that stay entertaining?

Mob Hit Points

I am an engineer currently and dont have a problem with the patch you are proposing but what i do have a problem with is that nothing was mentioned about monster hit points--and yes i saw the 60 % reduction in ac but the mobs have insane hit points and it will take forever just to get through one mission.
    LOWER THE HIT POINTS ON MONSTERS AND "THEN" DO THE OVERQUIPPING PATCH if this goes live without a reduction in hit points i can guarantee you that a major part of the player base will just quit--we play for fun not frustration

"Pet professions are 'uber' at the moment, I've seem an MP my level soloing reds - I'm and Enforcer, and anything tougher than a light orange is worrisome to me, though I'm not overequipped as such (self-buff only). So this should just bring them closer to the level of the rest of us. "

I've seen enforcers who can solo reds too. They must be uber.

Infact, I took a ql 150 mission at level 95, got a group (80-100) and the enforcer laughed, said he did this level solo.

Do I want enforcers nerfed? No, but if your going to compare who can solo what, lets talk about fixers. They can't solo worth jack, you want to be like them?

Love it, now a few important things.

OE is done mostly and formost with big NCU, you got to incluse NCU; belts; belt components in the OE check.

Furthermore, make the implants go through the OE check for the ability requirement at least.

Big NCU for huge buffs to high for your lvl that allow yout o put in high ql implants to then put in the big guns is the main form of over equiping, if you let people over equip implants and let them over equip ncu so they can have all those high lvl buffs is not right, please include ALL items in the OE check or you will have accomplished nothing but unfairness. OE check yes but for everything adn everyone.

Address the efect of debuffs, and for the sake of this game, make Nano resist work.

Take a look at the new SMG you introduced (dont know about other types of weapons, i use SMG) because the requirements on the MCS and the other new SMGs are ungodly high, if you do the math you will see a lvl 200 fully implanted Fixer cannot self equip a ql200 MCS and some of the other SMG, i know this was made like this thou to the OE problem, since your fixing it, please adjust it, also you can finaly give Fixers an upgrade to the suppressor line (SMG/Burst buff)

thats all i can think of now, good work on this one.

For those of you that thinks this balances PvP:

Look out for me in Mort.

I am the guy that will make your Weapons look like Bananas. I am the one that will make your pets disobey you. I am the one that will render your nukes useless and deprive you of the ability to heal.

Coming soon to 25% suppression area near you!

I am TRADER!!!!
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Re: .....

Originally posted by Morgoth
    Yay! Nitewolf, you are badass, then you can get your own upgraded warbot....hurray! Wich 3 lvl 90 mobs will waste.
    Jesus people come back to reality! Some people won't be happy unless they absolutely *can't* die. Three mobs on one engie, I should *hope* the engie dies.

Sarelron

Lightbulb

First time posting here myself. But i have a 119 Engineer.. I do find it a bit unfair that I can take my Slayer and solo 180 missions a lone. But even if i do get my slayer I don't do those missions cause they are hard. Also with this 14.2 news its going to suck. Ive tried using my self cast bot in a mission fighting yellows and light oranges... it sucks. The xp is crap, probally take days to level once. My bot has to be healed constantly (if it don't die) My self cast bot does around 300 dammage a hit, takeing a insanely long time to kill it not to mention that at level 119 a light orange monster is what? Probally level 130. Another thing that kills pet classes is the stupid caps. I reached my cap at level 81. That mens I lost what? 18 x5 points into MC/TS meaning at level 100 i cast a bot that comes out almost the samelevel or lower then me even with implants. If your going to fix overequiping fix the levels on the bots. I know that i self cast a bot which takes a qlvl 130 nano but comes out 112. (Not exactly sure on that but i do know my bots come out lower all the time then the Nano-Crystal). Another thing which would be good is increase the level on which you cap. Instead of capping at level 81-83 increase it to say 89 or so. So then you don't have 18 levels of using a crappy bot. My MP friend now is still feeling the effects of the cap. Casting pets lower levels then himself. But he does a hell of alot more dammage then my bot. Well i dunno what else to say but most classes are screwed. Classes that had problems soloing before are going to have a even harder time/ ETC Traders/Fixer/Crats/ (Wait almost all the classes). Guess its time to play my MA full out now. At least that way you can't overequip MA's, but im sure FC will nerf them again when they realize they will be doing probally 3x more dammage then the other classes. :P (lvl 11 MA -doing bout 60 dammage a hit)

Just a question that came up while we were talking in the IRC chat room:

What about abilities?

What happens if you lower sense too much? Does that 'drag' other skills down too?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

* from the notes

All pets being commanded by someone with 20% less than the requirements to make the pet, will have their pets go into "/pet behind" mode after their current battle. (Or at once if in no battle.) Pets will refuse to obey commands until the skills are back up.

The major point here is that pets will complete their battle before refusing to obey further commands.
    Forgive me if i didn't read the full forum but i dont have that kind of spare time. When it says "pets will complete their battle before refusing to obey further commands." does that mean until they would normally go back into their following mode or say buffs run out while im fighting the first 3 orange mobs in the first room of a mission that the pet will stop after the first one leaving me a sitting duck to the remaining two?
    "If it hurts, it means your still alive." - Bayman

NuggetKiller - The best looking atrox on RK1

I agree with that Baxie, and as an MP I will gladly hand over to you the most hated ranking as perceived "Uber" class.

Forget about Mp's people, you now have a profession that is almost completly unaffected by this patch negatively (aside from cash which most traders I know would give up for peace and quiet) while gaining the advantage of totally destroying all other classes abilities to fight.

No more weapons, no more nanos, no more pets.

woot!

I'll be glad to see the whiners off our board.

Originally posted by Dareus
    "Pet professions are 'uber' at the moment, I've seem an MP my level soloing reds - I'm and Enforcer, and anything tougher than a light orange is worrisome to me, though I'm not overequipped as such (self-buff only). So this should just bring them closer to the level of the rest of us. "

I've seen enforcers who can solo reds too. They must be uber.

Infact, I took a ql 150 mission at level 95, got a group (80-100) and the enforcer laughed, said he did this level solo.

Do I want enforcers nerfed? No, but if your going to compare who can solo what, lets talk about fixers. They can't solo worth jack, you want to be like them?
    I've no problem with that, give them fixers some love FC :-)

And I doubt the Enf you mention will be soloing such missions after this patch...

I see traders

I see traders many traders traders everywhere traders killing traders only traders.

That how i see PvP.

Dear fancom have any of you tried to PvP i am asking cosmik CZ Gaute?

Ok lets look at PvP battle this days. Trader rensanks deprive making casters UNABLE to cast at all AND there no way to resist it. Its ok fro soldiers or other professions who dont need to cast during the combat. But its not all traiders wepon does insane ammaunt of damage threy crit about 1k from thir ql 199 Ithacas and with good targeting scope do it so fast and so often.

Lets look in to the future and see how is PvP gonna look like.
    Azzazzimon pointed it out already. Well what i wish to point out is battle agains another class. Lets lok at my brothers lvl 154 soldiers he can buff himslfr into ql 200 sunbrust and ql 200 novaflow. Can easely switch them in the battle no PROBLEM then he meets trader. Trader deprive him rensank my brother is down for 400 Points in Assault Riffle. They are already nerfed, and after trnsank and deprive they will do 25% less damage. Once again its IMPOSSIBLE to resist deprive. BUT its not all trader who has OVEREQUIPED shotgun gets his power back. So lvl 100 trader who divest and plunder for 203 points can wear ql 200 gun and it doesnt lose its fire rate.

I am sure there will be SO many players who will quit this game. Half of atrox engeneers will do that for sure. Well you killed PvP a little bit early but those who pvp and not taders will also quit it.

PLEASE LOOK INTO this before it goes live. FIXE the resistance at least.

Originally posted by Xylon
    Also with this 14.2 news its going to suck. Ive tried using my self cast bot in a mission fighting yellows and light oranges... it sucks. The xp is crap, probally take days to level once.

welcome to my world

On the matter of over-equipping: Thumbs up! Great work! (or work-in-progress as the case may be). This is a sorely needed change. =)

On the changes to sneak: Fantastic! Image the fun a lvl 150+ agent will have sneaking through Omni-ent where none - not even the players can see him.

I only have a few concerns that hopefully get logically adressed before the patch is a finished work:

1: Will debuffs cause you to lose the ability of your weapon/armor/pet etc?
    2: What is the expected cycling time for agent sneaking? What I mean, is can an agent be invisible and snipe you for 1.5k damage and then disappear 3 seconds later?

I see these as very important.

1: Will debuffs force you to kneel to over equipping rules? Traders will be potent enough as it is (still being able to over-equip themselves in combat) without allowing them to not only lower your firing skills, but the inate damage of your weapon itself. I'm not the expert on balance, but I urge that this is thought out most carefully.

Perhaps the most dangerous occasion could happen in PvP: Imagine an MP who runs 'Nano-Shutdown' on an engineer. Will the engineer lose control of his pet? Please keep in mind that in PvP you are quite often in a fight situation without being 'Agged' or being agged on others, so this cannot be used as a 'cue' for the server that the Engi pet is currently in a fight.

2: On the agent sneaking issue: If an agent pops out of nowhere and snipes me I know where he is now. He shouldn't be able to sneak away totally invisible. For the sake of balance this should be considered carefully. Some FPS games allow snipers to snipe you and move on undetected, but these systems don't use a targeting system like AO ie: if you look directly at the sniper nothing stops you from seeing him/her.

Are these 2 issues a potential problem or have they already been thought of by the dev team?

Sneaking?

From what I gather, agents will no longer be able to sneak high difficulty missions, correct?

Does this do anything to prevent Fixers from being able to blitz 100% difficulty missions?

Squick

Cheating, Over-Equipping, Twinking and Fixing

First of all, let me state that every piece of equipment i am using is self-equipped, and that I am a trader, and that I have been playing AO since beta. I am not a teenager who over-equips to gank people in PvP fights. that aside, let me begin.

This Over-Equpiping patch, as it was explained in today's press release, has caused much distress, both in my faction and amongst my friends. Almost *everyone* I know will quit if it is implemented in its current form. These are the problems:
    1. The game world is functioning under a set of known rules. Those most familiar with the rules, as woul dbe expected in real life, are in a position to better themselves. this seems fair, a reward to veteran players. The current opinion is that you are quote " taking a car that had a bmw engine in it, and removing it, to replace it with that of a 20 year old hyundai's"
    2. this patch will make certain established play-styles difficult if not impossible. doctors are afraid they will not be able to live in a team environment if player damage is lowered, as it will mean they die from constant aggro. pet-teams will not be able to function in the same way.
    3. the trader profession will need an entire re-make. As it is, most traders have invested large amounts of money nad ip into the wrangle line. I realize the ip will be reimbursed, but the money cannot be. this buff is not practical to use in a team environment, and must be re-worked in line of new over-equipping changes before it is again useable. these changes should be made simultaneous with the over-equipping patch, not after its release. Traders will also have an EXTREME advantage in pvp and pvm under current circumstances. Ransacks will allow a trader to use high ql weapons at all times, without the ovre-equipping penalty, and to kill non-traders quickly in pvp fights
    4. this set of fixes seems to have been issued to appease a vocal majority on the boards., and to repair pvp. PLEASE fix pvp seperately from pvm, and ask experienced "veteran" players for their opinions. It shouldn't be so hard to check the database for people whv'e had active accounts for a long period of time and several well-developed characters.
    5. this patch will most effect those in themid-range. anyone o ver lvl 120 won't really feel the impact. The majority of players on RK1 and2 are in this level range...
    PLEASE start a yes-no poll on the polls thread, asking how many people will quit if 14.2 goes through, and please give us detailed information on how this patch will be implemented. also, please test it *thoroughly* before releasing it, and listen to your testers. Every other aspect of 14.2 sounds very good... but the over-equipping, from what we've heard of it so far, has made quite a few people decide they will leave AO if it is implemented.

I would suggest phasing in over-equipping changes in a series of small patches, while addressing the various aspects of the game (i.e. iron circle, wrangles, brutal thug, dirty fighter) that allo w us to over-equip now, and I ask that if 14.2 goes through asit is currently described, it ONLY apply to pvp. you won't hear much complaint about that.

Thank you
    Zyxlquith
    acting president, Omni Shadow Ops, RK1
    (lvl 96 going on 100, having played AO since beta 4)

Angry BLA

Ok

Finaly the time to move on have come, U will nerf all pet classes and most of the weapon ones too, this game is completely dependent on hlvl weapons and pets, so now we cant use the impl change.

I can use a good armor changing impl put the armor on and ncu and change again to the normal batle ones, or change again when i wanna to use trade skills.

But when i come back to my normal ones my ncu will be useless and my armor. IT was a VERY good job destroing the advantage or impl.

Well....

Cya a all at EVE or any Star Wars

Adrela Age

Cool

AO is my first mmorpg. I've been playing since July, and have been reading about AO a year before that. I remember funcom saying that they want to encourage interaction of an online social environment (ie group hunting), but it is "possible" to play the game solo. So I figure the advantage will be to those who group, regardless of what changes.

I'm guessing most of the people who are complaining about the OE are solo artists.

Do to my occupation I can't really put too many hours in AO, therefore I haven't truely engulfed myself into the science of IP distribution. All I know is when I login, I chill out for a bit at a gathering point (A Clan Outpost) where the chatter is alive, then join in a party for a good clean hunt and gain xp's. I may not hit the hardest or the fastest, but my hits count. Have FUN!

I will be quitting this game.
    Everytime they patch they screw older players and im tired of it. It took me 2 months when I started to reach lvl 50 and then they patch exp making my efforts a joke. I fought thru over 400 missions to get a good token board and 3 members of my guild got the same board within 1 week of the "token" patch. It took me a month to accumulate my armor. It took me a week to set up all the help i needed to wear it. I had to go thru total hell to get it on and now its not going to work right? I played by your dam rules- all my implants are legitimate but they are different from what I used to get my armor on (which were also legitimate). Im sick and tired of you making it easay for new people and shafting old ones. They are too lazy and spoiled to work for things the way us oldtimers did and now in order to placate them even further you pull this crap. Make them better by making us weaker. If you dont like the fact that guiolds help each other then eliminate guilds. If you dont like the fact that people get equip way above thier level then make all equpi in the game no drop and eliminate trading entirely. In fact eliminate professions while you are at it- we are all the same anyway and just getting more so with these changes. If overequipping is such a problem how come all the highest level people in rubi2 are the oldest players? Where is the maverick that used all these exploits and such to catapult themselves into the upper echelon? I dont see it. I think some designer or whatever is jealous of someone who has a better sword than him so decided to nerf it rather than put the effort out that is needed to acquire thier own. Pathetic. As head of the largest guild in rubi2 i will see to it that if we do not quit we will certainly never help another living soul again as long as I can say anything about it. Being nice doesnt pay and playing by the rules doesnt pay. I think funcom really stinks for doing this. Hey how about giving us someplace to HUNT???? Have you noticed in those pea sized brains of yours that everyone is just doing missions for exp? I meet people lvl 125 and higher who have no basic hunting skills at all! AT least the meds taught that. STOP FIXING WHAT AINT BROKE AND FIX WHAT IS

Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657 ... LastLast